96 shots, 1 goal

Norman

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where have the 96 shots been from? How many real good chances? 

I bet we've had less shots from inside the area than most teams? 

I don't want to blame Pearson tonight because we did alright and i'd rather praise that we seemed to have a purpose. 

But I'd say the 422--------1---------1 system Derby have played in has effected their scoring chances far more than the quality of finishing. 

Pressure and players in the final third tends to result in chances. Not quick 2 man raids and blasts from range.

But tonight? Tonight was alright. 

9 minutes ago, Norman said:

Blame Pearson all you like, but he can't ******* shoot for them.

Well no but our two highest scorers from last year didn't play at all today... Well not for Derby anyway. We did at least look like scoring tonight, but the final ball and the final shot was just not good enough yet again. I think patience is running out, we have to turn it round quickly or I do fear for Pearson. 

Derby County have scored 235 goals in the last 138 league games before Pearson came to this club. I don't know for sure, but I'd guess it's probably the highest over the course of the past three seasons overall. 

Do we have assume that our toothless nature infront of goal is just a coincidence with the change of system and manager? I don't know.

Pearson needs to seriously look at what he has. Changing the system, dropping the likes of Ince and selling Martin is beyond moronic, though. It's shown in the results and the performances. I don't know how anyone can argue it. 

Bent ,ince,blackman,johnson all seem to be expensive liabilities ,they are not going to increase in value and i suspect are on excessive wages.Unless NP can get something out of these players they need to be shipped out,probably take a massive hit unless we can flog em to a club in China. Ince even in the present market doesnt warrant any where close to what we paid,Blackman perhaps we could put him in a raffle,Bent i just think has become a misfit and may possibly suit another club if he took a wage cut for regular 1st team football.Johnson just not the player he was,weather Np can get him back only time will tell.

Think NP needs to bring in 5 or 6 players of his choice iether on loan or signings before we see a marked improvement.

Perhaps it is a statistical anomaly, like flipping a coin and getting a run of heads. The last 2 games we had the majority of chances, but it felt like the opposition scored from their sole ones.

Of course it's a doddle from the stands. My gripe is there were even more good opportunities to shoot, but attacking players played it out wide instead. Lack of confidence to take responsibility with the potential to be blamed for a failed shot and breakdown of possession, or tactical orders from above, I don't know.

Settle down all of you.

Imo

Blackman will come good

Bent over the hill

Incey fear for his future

Johnson will come good

Weimann will make a difference

Camara with Anya on the other side will be devastating.

Bryso and hughesy worked v well in the middle

Christie so hit and miss needs to keep his calm on delivery

Butters something of a passenger.

Ollson i do not rate him

Carson.....dear oh dear....

1 minute ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Carson.....dear oh dear....

It's ok. We have a former England U21 with years of championship experience to replace him.... oh wait Pearson shipped him out to bring in Chris Weale. What a time to be alive!

Archived