96 shots, 1 goal

Norman

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vydra was making darting runs in behind, but no one was finding him.  Wilson hasn't  learnt when to release the ball yet, Hughes and Bryson are still too deep to find him. He would've loved Chris Martin next too him, taking away all the attention he is currently receiving from defenders. Pearson thought otherwise.

Thing is, we've had Martin, Bent, Vydra, Wilson and Blackman all playing up top this season and not a sausage

These are well regarded experienced (and expensive) strikers, so I'm starting to think that it's the rest of the team that is the problem

Vydra had a pitiful 34 touches and 1shot in 90 mins last night and 28 touches/2 shots in 90 mins against Newcastle

Wilson was even worse (although subbed in both games after 64 mins) he had 14 touches last night and no shots

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not really had much of a chance to form any partnerships though have they?

Not sure that is the issue. They aren't getting any service and the midfield slow the game down too much and then everyone ends up pushing so high up the field that the box looks like an under 7s game at JJB

3 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Not sure that is the issue. They aren't getting any service and the midfield slow the game down too much and then everyone ends up pushing so high up the field that the box looks like an under 7s game at JJB

I meant with midfield too - do they know where to find them, etc? How many players have we played so far I wonder.

42 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Thing is, we've had Martin, Bent, Vydra, Wilson and Blackman all playing up top this season and not a sausage

These are well regarded experienced (and expensive) strikers, so I'm starting to think that it's the rest of the team that is the problem

Vydra had a pitiful 34 touches and 1shot in 90 mins last night and 28 touches/2 shots in 90 mins against Newcastle

Wilson was even worse (although subbed in both games after 64 mins) he had 14 touches last night and no shots

You've got a strong midfield who should in theory have their fare share of possession. Vydra/Wilson screams 'counter attack' to me. Might work away from home but think at home you need someone who can lead the line and handle themselves against big defenders. When teams sit in not sure how you'll break them down. 

Can't comment on Blackman's performance as didn't see the game but his purchase from the off seemed all wrong at the time and nothing since contradicts that "feeling". We shelled out a lot of money on a player which just happened to have had a bit of form at that moment in time, seems there was little to no other thinking behind the decision. I watch Reading a bit as I work 2 mins from their ground atm and I wasnt impressed on the 2 occasions I watched him down here.

18 hours ago, SillyBilly said:

Can't comment on Blackman's performance as didn't see the game but his purchase from the off seemed all wrong at the time and nothing since contradicts that "feeling". We shelled out a lot of money on a player which just happened to have had a bit of form at that moment in time, seems there was little to no other thinking behind the decision. I watch Reading a bit as I work 2 mins from their ground atm and I wasnt impressed on the 2 occasions I watched him down here.

Thought I had read somewhere that Clement had previously worked with Blackman at another club.

@europia I seem to remember it wasn't for very long though - very brief acquaintance.

19 hours ago, SillyBilly said:

Join the club-I'm also working right next to the Madjeski atm and all the Reading fans down here weren't really too upset to see Blackman go. We have to remember that he hadn't scored for three months or so when we signed him. Although some were also happy to see Pearce go as well and i thought he was pretty good against Ipswich.

Hopefully we can get to 100 shots only scoring once - we might get another record to add to our collection.

3 minutes ago, GenBr said:

@europia I seem to remember it wasn't for very long though - very brief acquaintance.

Join the club-I'm also working right next to the Madjeski atm and all the Reading fans down here weren't really too upset to see Blackman go. We have to remember that he hadn't scored for three months or so when we signed him. Although some were also happy to see Pearce go as well and i thought he was pretty good against Ipswich.

Hopefully we can get to 100 shots only scoring once - we might get another record to add to our collection.

I am sure we will be scoring in the next few games & hopefully gaining a few more points along the way.

I do feel for Nick Blackman, he has the expression of someone who thinks they may have left the gas on at home....

4 hours ago, GenBr said:

RIBP? You probably enjoy the same traffic as I do then,stuck on the A33 with air con broke hasn't been too fun this week!

52 minutes ago, angieram said:

IMG_20160916_082204.jpg

Oh no. Oh no, oh no, oh no.

Sorry everyone, it's worse than I calculated. It's 98. How is that even possible?

Forest score every 6 shots they have. The worst is Cardiff on 14, then there is us on 98. You have to laugh.

We do have Nick Blackman who shoots wildly rather than passing to a better positioned teammate which inflates the stats somewhat, but he is getting better as he did have a shot on target against Ipswich from 4 feet away from the goal and found the only place that it wouldn't go in the net! 

Archived