Footballers anonymous

Mafiabob

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Craig Bryson, Johnny Russell, Jason Shackell are the current intake......

Totally disagree regarding Bryson. He never gave up despite being asked to play so deep that his effectiveness is dramatically  reduced.

Shackell had a nightmare. He was beaten far too easily on numerous occasions and the guy only has one pass - a high floater which gives the opposition defence ample time to attack the ball and clear. He is the main cause of the team playing at a really slow tempo and ithe wouldn't surprise me to see him replaced  come Tuesday night.

18 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Bryson did fine today as did Hughes, both did better than expected in the middle and better than they've managed so far this season. It was a tight game not a lot in it and Geordies are best team in the league. We will improve and fancy us on Tuesday night.

Agree, but that pairing of Bryson and Hughes, playing sooo deep will be ineffective, Hughes did one run beat 3 or so players and he still must have been 20 odd yards from goal at the end of it.

Their talents are wasted at the minute in my opinion, both or either need to be further forward, even if it means sacrificing a winger for a sitting deep midfielder; which we could have done today as Russell achieved very little. Somehow I doubt Pearson will change it though even if Thorne comes back.

16 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Agree, but that pairing of Bryson and Hughes, playing sooo deep will be ineffective, Hughes did one run beat 3 or so players and he still must have been 20 odd yards from goal at the end of it.

Their talents are wasted at the minute in my opinion, both or either need to be further forward, even if it means sacrificing a winger for a sitting deep midfielder; which we could have done today as Russell achieved very little. Somehow I doubt Pearson will change it though even if Thorne comes back.

He needs to change it when Thorne is fit , those 2 are wasted where they are playing 

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

Shackell got jeered off. Says it all about his performance

I have some sympathy with Shackell, I've mentioned this elsewhere that people seem to be criticising him for his distribution, which we know isn't great.

Other than the Diame challenge, which he ****** up, what did Shackell do wrong defensively? Not much, sure he didn't have a great game, but he wasn't as poor as some are saying either. 

People are homing in on his poor passing and using it as a stick to beat him with. But at least when he received the ball he took it on, even if he played a bad ball. My problem is with the cowards who got the ball in space, looked around, chickened out, checked back and gave it to Shackell. Those players are the problem!

There are players out there who need to take a hell of a lot more responsibility and hide a lot less!

13 minutes ago, valleyram said:

He needs to change it when Thorne is fit , those 2 are wasted where they are playing 

I'm expecting Hughes or Bryson to be dropped as one or the other playes alongside Thorne.

Not what I want but what I'm guessing Pearson will do. Love to be convinced otherwise.

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

I have some sympathy with Shackell, I've mentioned this elsewhere that people seem to be criticising him for his distribution, which we know isn't great.

Other than the Diame challenge, which he ****** up, what did Shackell do wrong defensively? Not much, sure he didn't have a great game, but he wasn't as poor as some are saying either. 

People are homing in on his poor passing and using it as a stick to beat him with. But at least when he received the ball he took it on, even if he played a bad ball. My problem is with the cowards who got the ball in space, looked around, chickened out, checked back and gave it to Shackell. Those players are the problem!

There are players out there who need to take a hell of a lot more responsibility and hide a lot less!

Exactly, his teammate's don't particularly help him when they consistently give him the ball, Olsson's guilty of this the most

2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I would be questioning why we are having to rely on our centre halves for out balls when surely that's the job of our midfielders.

1 minute ago, Inglorius said:

I would be questioning why we are having to rely on our centre halves for out balls when surely that's the job of our midfielders.

Exactly our midfielders, particularly Bryson don't take the responsibility and end up passing it to the defenders. Hughes wasn't at his best today but he always tried to play it forwards unlike Bryson.

You could argue we started a man down with Russell on the pitch, but in truth it was 12 against 10 the number of times he passed to them/gave away possession.  His only saving grace today was that he hid a lot. If he had wanted the ball we could have lost by a lot more.

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

I didn't think shackell was that bad, well he was just not compared to certain others on the pitch, but how Bryson and Russell make this team I don't understand

Fella... Shackell was shocking today...

Russell as well, too many opportunities he has had.. Now should be a bench warmer.

23 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Fella... Shackell was shocking today...

Russell as well, too many opportunities he has had.. Now should be a bench warmer.

Imo the man next to him was worse, although no one on the pitch wasn't shocking apart from Hughes and vydra tbf

i think after that performance Russell will be bloody lucky to make the bench!

"Hello, my name is Nicolas Bendtner, I'm a Nottingham Forest player........I don't know how it came to this, I thought i was going to be a star, that life would be wonderful, but I woke up at the city ground, thinking my life is over, i might as well let fidgy be my pimp as no one else even wants an out of form forward on £40k+ a week"

"please clap nikki every one, this group is about being honest and supporting each other, I used to be a Nottingham forest player, I'm Jamie Ward, hello, I'd just like t say, this does get better, in my case I was saved by my good friend Nigel, but everyone here can be free of this disease"

"Hello, My name is Britt, and I'm such a forest player that my "pimp", Mr Fridgy, got me so confused and upset that I signed a new contract to be a forest player.......I just want to go back to Peterborough......."

"Guten tag, mon name ich Berk, du, du has, du hast nich.....sorry, yes, I'm recovering from being a Nottingham forest...playing...staff?......ok......player.......I used to be a nottingham forest player, but I'm on the red bull now, I'mclean, honest..........."

I'm always dissapointed to read that certain players won't be able to play in a certain style and without Martin. 

I would have hoped they'd be more versatile. 

I thought the new signings looked promising but we need balance in the middle of the park. Someone needs to own it! 

18 hours ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

I'm always dissapointed to read that certain players won't be able to play in a certain style and without Martin. 

I would have hoped they'd be more versatile. 

I thought the new signings looked promising but we need balance in the middle of the park. Someone needs to own it! 

Well the 2 boys playing in there are top players but NOT where they are being told to play and to criticise them for it is pure stupidity , hughesie and Bryso are certainly not anonymous 

Bryson was OK, the shift he puts in usually amounts to more purpose than half the rest of the team.

The team is crying out for a hard-nut behind Bryson and Hughes to patrol the centre-circle, and clatter the opposition. Where is the muscle? Why isn't Brad Johnson staking a claim to put his considerable frame in that area? How will Pearson solve that problem?

Shackell was decrepit... ponderous, pedestrian...we have the conflict between Shackell and Keogh, plodding around interchanging safe balls close to their own area (or occasionally near the half-way line), and Christie, busy parading around overplaying with most of his 'attacking efforts' bouncing off the opposition outside of their penalty area.

At the same time, other outfield opponents lick their lips and await his inevitable over-commitment, to exploit the spaces behind him and put us on the back foot, where Christie's actual defensive responsibilities lie.

Just as defending starts 'up front' with forwards pressing and worrying defenders trying to bring the ball away, central defenders need to be constructive and progressive and take some responsibility for setting creative players into forward motion.

Not sure that *anyone* who gets picked to play for Derby is doing their job at the moment - given that Pearson and his illustrious staff are explaining it all in big font, repeatedly, expecting some of it to sink in :ermm:

22 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Well the 2 boys playing in there are top players but NOT where they are being told to play and to criticise them for it is pure stupidity , hughesie and Bryso are certainly not anonymous 

Hughes and Bryson are great players, I'm not denying that. And to be honest I thought they both had ok games! Hughes even looked like he was going to be a bit gritty yesterday on what I thought was a fair tackle on Shelvey.

Under Nigel and Steve Bryson used to break up the oppositions play by stealing the ball but he hasn't seemed to do that as much recently. Maybe that's more because as a team we're not pressing as high up. We did look like we was going to early on but we stopped once they scored.

Although he's not a fan favourite I do think we need Johnson in there, climbing up the league might depend on it.

Promotions are won on strong midfields, Middlesborough and Burnley proved that last season.

Archived