Mafiabob

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Lord_Ram said:

Would be more beneficial if the title replaced 'footballers' with 'supporters'

Didn't think much of all players quality today, but three were way off it

Just now, Carl Sagan said:

No idea what this thread is or how my match thread post ended up in here! Oh well...

You were saying something about being old yesterday..... ?

29 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Craig Bryson, Johnny Russell, Jason Shackell are the current intake......

When ur blaming Bryso for that you have lost the plot , he wasn't too bad in a position that he shouldn't be playing and the blame for that lies with Pearson for not signing a holding midfield player 

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I didn't think shackell was that bad, well he was just not compared to certain others on the pitch, but how Bryson and Russell make this team I don't understand

Without anybody in the final third capable of linking-up play Bryson becomes nothing more than somebody who is tidy and presses a lot. 

He will suffer without Martin.

As will Russell. A hell of a lot of his goals an assists where from him running off Martin.

3 minutes ago, cannable said:

Without anybody in the final third capable of linking-up play Bryson becomes nothing more than somebody who is tidy and presses a lot. 

He will suffer without Martin.

As will Russell. A hell of a lot of his goals an assists where from him running off Martin.

Agreed, this is what I just mentioned in the match thread. The team is built to a certain style which needed up heaving with Pearson coming in, so with Martin gone and replaced, players like Bryson and Russell should have gone too and replaced with players who link up better with vydra, unfortunately we left it too late In the window to do anything about it

10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I didn't think shackell was that bad, well he was just not compared to certain others on the pitch, but how Bryson and Russell make this team I don't understand

Shackell's problem was he kept being given the ball as he was the only outlet. Passing isn't his strength so why keep giving it him? Not enough invention or movement and players too happy to play an easy pass

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

Shackell's problem was he kept being given the ball as he was the only outlet. Passing isn't his strength so why keep giving it him? Not enough invention or movement and players too happy to play an easy pass

Exactly no one was brave enough to pass the ball forwards along the ground, either passing it sideways or hoofing it upfield so it's not their fault if someone loses the ball 

16 minutes ago, valleyram said:

When ur blaming Bryso for that you have lost the plot , he wasn't too bad in a position that he shouldn't be playing and the blame for that lies with Pearson for not signing a holding midfield player 

Poppycock and you know it...... Absolutely pish today, as you would say. 

I know you have to defend him...... But I can safely say respectfully you're wrong today in my opinion. Hughes carried him throughout without being great himself. 

10 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Shackell was terrible today,  but I don't mean because of his performance on the ball. We have been guilty of giving it to him and then providing no passing option/running away loads of times, so I normally excuse his passing.

Today though, Newcastle had his pants down on a number of occasions. He looked weak and slow of thought in ways to cope with them. The worst I've ever seen him.

54 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Poppycock and you know it...... Absolutely pish today, as you would say. 

I know you have to defend him...... But I can safely say respectfully you're wrong today in my opinion. Hughes carried him throughout without being great himself. 

As you say, in your opinion, I don't think he was that bad. 

Our biggest issue is that we move the ball too slowly especially when we go behind. Players then seem afraid of making mistakes and individuals spend too long in possesion allowing the opposition to take up good defensive shapes. We should be looking at more 1 and 2 touch play even if that means playing more balls early into the channels for Vydra and Wilson to run into.

We did it on a few occasions today and looked more dangerous when we did. The more we keep playing this way the better we will get. We won't be up against many teams as tactically well drilled defensively by a top European manager and so the jury is still out on where we really are.

Keep the faith, encourage the players and we will get better!

Archived