Derby County vs Newcastle United

SouthernRam

Hummmm yes the Bryson Hughes thing is concerning - in essence I think it starts to define Hughesy as the defensive one of the two which doesn't sit right with me ....and that is ignoring the Burton result which has been archived in the old files never need to be opened drawer / corrupted backup file

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jono said:

Hummmm yes the Bryson Hughes thing is concerning - in essence I think it starts to define Hughesy as the defensive one of the two which doesn't sit right with me ....and that is ignoring the Burton result which has been archived in the old files never need to be opened drawer / corrupted backup file

I don't think Pearson is daft enough to do that again. I think there have been a few hints recently that we might be planning to have a look at a 3-5-2 formation. That would mean instead of Hughes having to sit so deep, he would have more freedom due to the third central defender. 

I have a hunch he'll surprise a few people and we'll get this sort of lineup.

Carson

Pearce Keogh Shackell

Christie Hughes Ince Bryson Anya

Wilson Vydra

5 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

I don't think Pearson is daft enough to do that again. I think there have been a few hints recently that we might be planning to have a look at a 3-5-2 formation. That would mean instead of Hughes having to sit so deep, he would have more freedom due to the third central defender. 

Carson

Pearce Keogh Shackell

Wilson Vydra

Being a positive sort of person in football terms that looks a sound set up for our players Christie and Anya working as genuine flank players but as both have the ability to tackle / defend then they could support the back 3 and as you say it gives us an extra man in midfield. 

22 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Carson

Pearce Keogh Shackell

Wilson Vydra

I think if he went for that system we would still need Johnson or Hanson where Ince is and then I would have Ince in place of Wilson.

19 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I think if he went for that system we would still need Johnson or Hanson where Ince is and then I would have Ince in place of Wilson.

Yes and No ... I think it depends on who we are playing. You might opt for Ince at home against a poorer side but want a Thorne or Hanson away or against a strong midfield. For me it's a way of having 433 with some extra width and instead of a DM you have an AM. Suffer a bit if we get stretched in defence but in theory at least, it looks good. .. Right off to see if it works on Xbox just to be sure ;)

How about 3/1/4/2 

.                              Carson

keogh.              Pearce.        Shackell

Hansen   

Christie.    Hughes.          Bryson.             Anja

.                  Wilson.                 Vydra

good going forward and more bite when we need to defend or break up midfield

16 minutes ago, archied said:

How about 3/1/4/2 

Hansen   

I like the look of that team have a like, no moaning  from certain players blaming everyone around them,  who do I mean Ince and Martin 1 has now gone in Martin, and one needs to find some form, and if he does not then come January he can go as well, he has the talent but does he have the desire, one thing Mr Pearson demands is desire, that's why in the end he will take us to the premier league, with the right sort of player, your 11 is looking more like a team, with the right attude to take us to the next level. In Pearson I trust.

2 hours ago, archied said:

How about 3/1/4/2 

Hansen   

I would still like to find a place for Ince....

44 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I would still like to find a place for Ince....

For me at this point it's up to ince to force his way into the team , he's not producing enough of what he's meant to produce and if I'm honest I'm not really sure what his supposed best position/role in the team is ,, I think he's a bit unfairly labled by some as having no work rate or commitment defensively but he meant to be a forward and he is more miss than hit since his loan spell but as I've said in another thread a lot of decent players we bought have gone hugely downhill given a bit of time in our dressing room and that's under a few managers so I'm really hoping Pearson is weeding out the problems and we may see some of those newer players begin to find the form that enticed us to buy them and they showed early in their time with us

them 

3-5-2 with Christie & Anya as speedy wing backs, Hughes advanced, Vydra in the #10 position and RAZZA up top. Ince & Wilson ready to explode off the bench when it starts to go pear.

Carson

Keogh   Shackell   Rawson

Christie              Johnson                Anya

Hughes      Bryson

Vydra

Razza

17 hours ago, archied said:

How about 3/1/4/2 

Hansen   

Thats great, maybe Johnson for Hansen, but that looks interesting :thumbsup:

10 hours ago, Parsnip said:

3-5-2 with Christie & Anya as speedy wing backs, Hughes advanced, Vydra in the #10 position and RAZZA up top. Ince & Wilson ready to explode off the bench when it starts to go pear.

Carson

Keogh   Shackell   Rawson

Christie              Johnson                Anya

Hughes      Bryson

Vydra

Razza

I think this is formidable if you substitute Wilson up top. I don't see Razza as a centre forward. Johnson or Hanson sitting behind Hughes and Bryson gives us the most powerful creative midfield. Try and build a lineup around that - it's either wing backs as you've done here or ...

4-1-4-1 (np used this at Preston? I think) with Vydra up top and Wilson held out of the starting lineup. Anya on one side and choose either Razza Blackman Johnson ince or Russell on the other have a feeling NP will go with Johnson in the holding spot and Blackman and Anya wide. 

Id like 

Christie - keogh - shacks - Lowe 

Hanson(Johnson)

Anya     Bryson Hughes  Johnson(Vydra)

Vydra (Wilson)

Or ...

a 3-5-2 with Vydra and Wilson up top

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

I don't see Razza as a centre forward.

I think he was before he came here - like weimann and blackman. It's become very boring seeing either Bent or Martin's name on the team sheet every week like we've only had 2 choices for that position. I wouldn't mind if they were putting the ball in the net.

Archived