Anya - Signed 4 year deal

SuperDerbySuperRams

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Looks far too weak to me. The midfield would get over-powered consistently. 

Put Thorne and johnson in there and suddenly it looks more powerful . But hey what do I know someone who gets paid a damn sight more than I do gets paid to make them decisions .

Just now, ollycutts1982 said:

That is a very lightweight team. 

Just now, RiddingsRam said:

Put Thorne and johnson in there and suddenly it looks more powerful . But hey what do I know someone who gets paid a damn sight more than I do gets paid to make them decisions .

1 minute ago, RiddingsRam said:

Unfortunately Thorne is out until who knows when and should not be rushed back and Johnson is struggling. Until then Hughes, Bryson and Butterfield have about as much steel as a sheet of A5 paper. 

1 minute ago, RiddingsRam said:

I think that would be the way forward. Pearson just has to get the best out of Johnson, we really need the Johnson of Norwich's promotion side right now. Suddenly this side looks a lot stronger to me:

Carson

Christie Keogh Shackell Olsson

Thorne Johnson

Ince Hughes Anya

Vydra

5 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Carson

Christie.     Keogh.        Shackell .   Olssen

Johnson

Bryson                    Hughes    

Ince

Wilson.     Vydra

Anya's versatility left to the bench. 

It's quite possible to me Nigel Pearson is going to try to exploit his fast wing backs which he has now at his disposal so he'll maybe try his preferred 3-5-2 tactics:                        

Carson

Keogh -  Pearce (Rawson)  -  Shackel

Christie   -   Bryson   -  Hughes   -   Johnson  -    Anya

Vydra   -   Wilson     

or eventually he may try some sort of Dutch attacking 3-4-3 tactics, if he is really courageous and brave:

Carson

Keogh - Pearce (Rawson)  -  Shackel

Christie        -       Bryson    -    Hughes         -     Anya

Ince

Vydra   -   Wilson  

7 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Just about to mention that. Very nice man. Hope he's a success here. 

Just reading up on him, and Watford fans say no one works harder, no one cares more, and most saying he's arguably their favourite player under their new ownership. And 28 Prem apps last season is impressive.

Hes come from non league. Sometimes that just adds a bit of heart to players. 

Maybe it's a bit harsh, but maybe we need less Martin's and more Anya's...

Glad I got this one right, if we hadn't of signed him I wouldn't of liked the backlash on a day like this :lol:

14 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Sounds like a really nice guy in his interview. Welcome mate.

He does, I imagine Pearsons been purposely trying to bring in some good characters. Theres obviously some issues in the dressing room at the moment.

1 minute ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Just reading up on him, and Watford fans say no one works harder, no one cares more, and most saying he's arguably their favourite player under their new ownership. And 28 Prem apps last season is impressive.

Hes come from non league. Sometimes that just adds a bit of heart to players. 

Maybe it's a bit harsh, but maybe we need less Martin's and more Anya's...

Glad I got this one right, if we hadn't of signed him I wouldn't of liked the backlash on a day like this :lol:

Exactly. Pearson made it quite obvious in his last interview that the issue is that not everyone has the attitude of Craig Bryson. We need more like him to help change the culture/ethos across the team.

Carson

Christie             Keogh          Shackell         Ollson

Camara/JR         Bryson       Hughes             Anya

Wilson      Vydra

When fit, I think Pearson likes Weiman and he'll be in the team.

I do worry about our midfield, but that set up wouldn't look a whole lot better with Hendrick in for one of them.

Tackling isn't Bryson's best attribute, Will is actually a pretty good ball winner but he does it by being clean rather than strong.

HOWEVER

If that team works hard for each other and gets organised at least, it has a sound-ish back 4 and some pace and talent to break forward.

I don't think it's going to be the disaster that some are predicting, and I think now the window is done performances will improve.

I'm like everyone else in writing of a promotion charge this season,

We have had undeniable talent for the last few years, but talent in itself is not enough without consistent application - Hence our regular frustration when the same team that ran rings around the opposition one week fail to even turn up the following game. It's happened too many times, THAT'S why we've failed to get promoted.

I trust Nigel to identify the consistent performers that will get us to the promised land. Some of our better players can be uplifted under his guidance to perform more consistently - others, despite their talent just don't have that in them and will be replaced over time.

The last few promotees from the Championship have done so more through consistency than silky skills.  More skilfull players can be woven into a future promoted side.

I'm not advocating a team of hard-working cloggers, just a degree of balance between skill and and an ability to do it 4 games in 5.

I'm liking what I've seen of Anya thus far, and I think with more of his type in our side, the likes of Hughes' skills can augment this type of character and performer that NP seems to identify and work well with.

We need reliable and skillful players, we've been thus far seduced by occasional skill only.

The tanker is being turned around. Reserve judgement for a few games yet....

7 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Carson

Christie             Keogh          Shackell         Ollson

Camara/JR         Bryson       Hughes             Anya

Wilson      Vydra

When fit, I think Pearson likes Weiman and he'll be in the team.

I do worry about our midfield, but that set up wouldn't look a whole lot better with Hendrick in for one of them.

Tackling isn't Bryson's best attribute, Will is actually a pretty good ball winner but he does it by being clean rather than strong.

HOWEVER

If that team works hard for each other and gets organised at least, it has a sound-ish back 4 and some pace and talent to break forward.

I don't think it's going to be the disaster that some are predicting, and I think now the window is done performances will improve.

I'm like everyone else in writing of a promotion charge this season,

I think at long last NP has added counter attacking pace, and as much as I liked Martins bring people into play, it only worked 50% of the time. 

Archived