Anya - Signed 4 year deal

SuperDerbySuperRams

3 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I never really look at assist. I'd rather look at chances created. Assist depend a lot on who is gettin on the end of the chances that are created. 

An assist is a contribution by a player which helps to score - a goal

A chance is just a chance - no goal scored.

Missed chances in football have only one purpose; they serve football fans to whine about while drinking beer in a pub.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, lioncoeur said:

An assist is a contribution by a player which helps to score - a goal

A chance is just a chance - no goal scored.

Missed chances in football have only one purpose; they serve football fans to whine about while drinking beer in a pub.

My point was that if you are creating chances that are falling to a Sammon type player you are going to need to create a hell of a lot more chances in order to get an assist than if the chances were falling to a Messi or Ronaldo. 

1 hour ago, ollycutts1982 said:

My point was that if you are creating chances that are falling to a Sammon type player you are going to need to create a hell of a lot more chances in order to get an assist than if the chances were falling to a Messi or Ronaldo. 

I get what your saying here pal. And I agree it is the right way of looking at it 

11 minutes ago, dajstrawb said:

I get what your saying here pal. And I agree it is the right way of looking at it 

I think people too much emphasis on 'assist'. For all we know and hopefully it is the case, Anya and Blackman (for example) could find an understanding straight away and Blackman might prefer to make a run to the spot in the area where Anya prefers to play the ball. I always remember when we had Bueno playing for us, at times he looked terrible with the balls he was playing or runs he was making, but it wasn't because he was terrible it was because the players he was playing with weren't good enough to find him or to make the runs. How many times have we seen players look like Sunday league at best in one team and then world beaters at other clubs. We at Derby should know we've seen enough rammel over the years.

57 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

After the performance at Burton I can't help thinking neither Vydra nor Anya will be enough to give us a result against Liverpool...

It's just the performance at Burton that makes you think we won't get a result? Taking into account us playing and losing against Man Utd last season, Chelsea the season before and I think Chelsea again the season before that, this was the only thing making you think we'd struggle to get a result? Nothing to do with being outclassed by a superior opponent?  

14 hours ago, TrueLou said:

It's just the performance at Burton that makes you think we won't get a result? Taking into account us playing and losing against Man Utd last season, Chelsea the season before and I think Chelsea again the season before that, this was the only thing making you think we'd struggle to get a result? Nothing to do with being outclassed by a superior opponent?  

Depends what you class as a 'result' really... I was thinking "anything better than or equal to a 3-1 loss like last year"

28 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Depends what you class as a 'result' really... I was thinking "anything better than or equal to a 3-1 loss like last year"

We did approach last seasons UTD game totally wrong, god knows why when playing a team visibly low on confidence we sat back and invited them onto us, let them dominated the possession early on and then pull us apart.

35 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

We did approach last seasons UTD game totally wrong, god knows why when playing a team visibly low on confidence we sat back and invited them onto us, let them dominated the possession early on and then pull us apart.

Because that's the way we played pretty much the whole time under Clement?

16 hours ago, TrueLou said:

And the year before that we beat man Utd 1-0. Superior opponent???

29 minutes ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

And the year before that we beat man Utd 1-0. Superior opponent???

We beat Man Utd 7 years ago. And haven't beat another Premier League opponent since. 

My point is, I don't think it's mattered recently what kind of form we're in when we come up against one of the top Prem teams, we struggle to compete, there's no shame in that. If we lose to Liverpool, I won't be blaming it on our current form, cos if that was the case why didn't we beat Chelsea when we were in the best form of recent history? Sometimes we're just outclassed. Again, no shame in that. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/09/2016 at 15:20, TimRam said:

"He watched Anya in action for previous club Watford, where the Scotland international made a total of 137 appearances and scored nine goals."

"His work rate and energy as an attacking outlet will be a big asset to Derby in their promotion push this season."

Hardly an "attacking outlet" with that scoring rate.

Archived