Anya - Signed 4 year deal

SuperDerbySuperRams

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

This is close call. 

?

Are fans still living in excitement with Abdul because they see him as a new signing still? I've not seen him do a thing yet since he has been here (Except hit the bar against Hartlepool) and for all this amazing pace, I've not seen him beat a man and deliver the ball yet from using it.

2 hours ago, Hathersage Ram said:

We all have to understand that when employed we have obligations to our employers/management.

When watching Chris Martin did I see a player busting a gut to prove to his new manager he wanted to be integral to his plans?

Did I see Martin showing commitment, passion, encouraging his fellow players, making the extra effort to score.

I always remember Gary Player saying lots of other golfers saying he was lucky, and his reply still stands the test of time. He said "The harder I work the luckier I get" and its true.

Give everything, chase lost causes, work hard, if you have the skill the extra effort does make a difference.

I also think Martin may not be a "team player" he seems to think that at Derby he is the main man and can dictate, well I for one am please Pearson is beginning to shape the team more into a "team" because that's the missing element in my opinion

Just my thoughts

agree entirely. Lots of good points (you're right about Player as well :-) )

The thing for me with CM is that he never quite worked hard enough often enough......

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

Are fans still living in excitement with Abdul because they see him as a new signing still? I've not seen him do a thing yet since he has been here (Except hit the bar against Hartlepool) and for all this amazing pace, I've not seen him beat a man and deliver the ball yet from using it.

Abdoul is decent and you need give him a time. He done more than Blackman tbh. Unlucky not to score at Preston. 

Just now, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Abdoul is decent and you need give him a time. He done more than Blackman tbh. Unlucky not to score at Preston. 

To be fair I have done more on the pitch than Blackman has, and I haven't been on since Arsenal at the BBG :whistle:

Just now, rynny said:

To be fair I have done more on the pitch than Blackman has, and I haven't been on since Arsenal at the BBG :whistle:

Anyone would mate even my nephews and nieces... ?

I am looking forward to seeing Anya and others tear it up for Derby.

I do have one big concern. When we concede a corner four of the opposition are likely to be marked by Hughes, Anya, Bryson and Olssen. Two more wil find themselves next to Wilson and Vydra. 

Around 40% of opposition corners are usually headed away by CM. He's gone.

Shackell can't be everywhere. Our keeper never comes for corners.

Should I be scared?

31 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I do have one big concern. When we concede a corner four of the opposition are likely to be marked by Hughes, Anya, Bryson and Olssen. Two more wil find themselves next to Wilson and Vydra. 

Should I be scared?

If it was me I'd leave two up on the halfway line. I never understand why we/teams have everyone back. Leave two up they need to leave three back. Just takes an extra man out the box. If anyone can shed any light I'd it'd be much appreciated. 

32 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Should I be scared?

If we leave Anya and Wilson on the halfway line and Hughes outside the box to play the killer pass when the ball is cleared, they will have to leave 4 players back which means less of a threat in the box.

2 hours ago, ossieram said:

If we leave Anya and Wilson on the halfway line and Hughes outside the box to play the killer pass when the ball is cleared, they will have to leave 4 players back which means less of a threat in the box.

I'm afraid it goes other way around. Less there's people, more there's room for good attacking headers.

2 hours ago, Jortat said:

I'm looking forward to seeing him play for us. In most games I've watched him in he has given the defence loads of problems. A very exciting addition to our team.

If him and Vydra put in a good shift against Newcastle, this may serve as a massive wake up call to the rest of the motely crew.

1 hour ago, Hadabelly said:

"We're delighted to get Ikechi Anya here," said Pearson.

"I have met with him this evening and he is certainly a very enthusiastic individual.”

Translation - never heard of him before, but he seems like a nice guy and runs like **** off a shovel.

:lol::D:lol::D:lol:

A great summary.

But this guy will do just fine, don't worry. He is fast as lighting.

Archived