Anya - Signed 4 year deal

SuperDerbySuperRams

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Alpha said:

He's a black bloke called Ikechi Anya and he's Scottish! 

That sounds pretty out the ordinary to me. 

He needs to be more than fast though. 

He has flair and he knows how to dribble, which is in the football terms quite important if you understand what I mean.

He is not a Jamie Ward, who is running endlessly on the wing with the ball at his feet and is always stumbling against the defenders, because he doesn't posses enough tricks to overpass them.

2 hours ago, lioncoeur said:

He has flair and he knows how to dribble, which is in the football terms quite important if you understand what I mean.

He is not a Jamie Ward, who is running endlessly on the wing with the ball at his feet and is always stumbling against the defenders, because he doesn't posses enough tricks to overpass them.

What's overpassing? Besides what Arsenal do. 

17 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

What's overpassing?

It is simply the moment when attackers or attacking midfielders overpass the defenders; either by the use of acceleration or by using their football techniques (dribbling, Oxford or Rainbow Kick - from 0:48 second, or by simply playing ball through).

18 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

It is simply the moment when attackers or attacking midfielders overpass the defenders; either by the use of acceleration or by using their football techniques (dribbling, Oxford or Rainbow Kick - from 0:48 second, or by simply playing ball through).

Can honestly say that in following football for over 25yrs I have never come across the term. 

4 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

Though maybe not in UK, but I think it's quite commonly used in the rest of the Europe. I suppose. I am not a Football Manager. I am just an ordinary Football fanatic. What do I know really.

Ahh I get you now. I was just intrigued as I'd never heard it used. Everyday you learn something new. 

Just now, ollycutts1982 said:

Like watching a Nigel Clough game. Dominate possession without creating anything. 

You could say so, but it's a good training example for me. Especially because it's a small pitch.

In the real training they are practicing: "Pig in the Hole" or "Piggy in the Middle" exercise

http://www.soccer-training-info.com/piggy_in_the_middle.asp

14 hours ago, Alpha said:

He's a black bloke called Ikechi Anya and he's Scottish! 

That sounds pretty out the ordinary to me. 

He needs to be more than fast though. 

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-county-new-signing-ikechi-anya-should-be-a-big-hit-with-rams-fans/story-29679605-detail/story.html

Derby County new signing Ikechi Anya 'should be a big hit with Rams fans'

Derby County fans should be excited about what new signing Ikechi Anya can bring to the Rams team.

That is the view of sports reporter Simon Mail from the Watford Observer.

He watched Anya in action for previous club Watford, where the Scotland international made a total of 137 appearances and scored nine goals.

"Ikechi Anya is an exciting player that should prove a big hit with the Derby fans," he said.

"He is very direct and his pace will prove a handful for opponents in the Championship.

"Anya's best spell at Vicarage Road came during the 2014-15 campaign, when he helped the club win promotion to the Premier League, making 26 appearances.

"His best position is as a right winger, although he is also comfortable playing as a wing-back, which he has done at Watford both in the past and this season under Walter Mazzarri.

"His work rate and energy as an attacking outlet will be a big asset to Derby in their promotion push this season."

For someone who has played in the Premier League, who has played in Spain (for several clubs) and for Scotland regularly (although Scotland is not a top-ranked FIFA team - only 51st placed).

He is pretty much more than just an ordinary player to me.

"He watched Anya in action for previous club Watford, where the Scotland international made a total of 137 appearances and scored nine goals."

"His work rate and energy as an attacking outlet will be a big asset to Derby in their promotion push this season."

Hardly an "attacking outlet" with that scoring rate.

Archived