International Rams

Carl Sagan

1 minute ago, rynny said:

Difficult to get the end of a cross when it goes to the other post to where you are, and when you are in the middle it wither goes straight to the keeper or out the other side. Against Burton the first 3 crosses he went to the near post and all of them went to the back post so he made runs to the back post for the next 2 and both went to the near post, then the final one didn't even make it into the box. Not sure what he is meant to do with those.

I didn't write that someone altered my post mate. 

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rynny said:

Difficult to get the end of a cross when it goes to the other post to where you are, and when you are in the middle it wither goes straight to the keeper or out the other side. Against Burton the first 3 crosses he went to the near post and all of them went to the back post so he made runs to the back post for the next 2 and both went to the near post, then the final one didn't even make it into the box. Not sure what he is meant to do with those.

oh poor chris

In Sunday's World Cup qualifiers:

• Vydra came off the bench in the 83rd minute for the Czech Republic in their 0-0 home draw with Northern Ireland.
  • As noted above, Chris Martin scored one and won the penalty for Scotland in their 1-5 win away in Malta, before being substituted on 68 minutes.
  • Anya came on in the 86th minute for Scotland.

In other rather stranger international Rams' news, ex-Academy boy Josh Lelan, currently without a club, stil made his international debut for Kenya, qualifying through his Kenyan-born father.

BBC described Martin as anonymous in the first half and incredibly fortunate to win the penalty, which the BBC also commented that it showed he was still on the pitch!

So definitely a performance worth getting upset about. And I rate the guy but he is just out of form, maybe the tap in will change that.

36 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

BBC described Martin as anonymous in the first half and incredibly fortunate to win the penalty, which the BBC also commented that it showed he was still on the pitch!

So definitely a performance worth getting upset about. And I rate the guy but he is just out of form, maybe the tap in will change that.

I've been out of the country for the last couple of weeks, but I thought Martin had moved to Fulham? If so, why are we worrying about his form or performance?

6 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

I've been out of the country for the last couple of weeks, but I thought Martin had moved to Fulham? If so, why are we worrying about his form or performance?

Are you being rhetorical?

Probably because he's technically on loan, but regardless of that still played a significant part in the last 3 years of this club and we hold him in quite high regard?

Christ.

10 hours ago, BondJovi said:

I only saw the highlights but other than his goal and penalty it seemed like Chris was a few steps behind Snodgrass and Ritchie.

I hope he does well for Scotland though as a fine international display can do wonders for transfers. Hendrick being a perfect example of this!

5 hours ago, wixman1884 said:

Are you being rhetorical?

Probably because he's technically on loan, but regardless of that still played a significant part in the last 3 years of this club and we hold him in quite high regard?

Christ.

No I'm not.

As much as people don't want to accept it, he doesn't play for us anymore, therefore I really don't care how he plays for other teams.

6 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

No I'm not.

As much as people don't want to accept it, he doesn't play for us anymore, therefore I really don't care how he plays for other teams.

It's not that folk don't want to accept he no longer plays for us.  He scored 60+ goals for us in his time here and it's simply a sign of respect. Strange you find that so hard to comprehend.

15 minutes ago, 86 points said:

It's not that folk don't want to accept he no longer plays for us.  He scored 60+ goals for us in his time here and it's simply a sign of respect. Strange you find that so hard to comprehend.

I would never think of giving him a hard time if he ever returned to play against us, but I won't be looking to see how he does for another club or for Scotland. I thought Brian Clough was brilliant when he was our manager, but couldn't stand the bloke when he was gaffer at the treetards. As with Clough, Martin will be remembered for what he did and will get all the recognition he deserves once he has retired.

3 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I would never think of giving him a hard time if he ever returned to play against us, but I won't be looking to see how he does for another club or for Scotland. I thought Brian Clough was brilliant when he was our manager, but couldn't stand the bloke when he was gaffer at the treetards. As with Clough, Martin will be remembered for what he did and will get all the recognition he deserves once he has retired.

That's odd because I always look out to see how old players are doing, even if they weren't what you would call fan favourites. They have played for the club and the cynic in me thinks when they go it should be left at that. However, I can't help but look to see how they do, to see whether the club/manager made the right decision in letting them leave. Sometimes though I just look out for them because I like them and will always be a fan of theirs. I support the club first, but that doesn't necessarily mean I don't support some of the players after they go.

27 minutes ago, ossieram said:

There's no inference that everyone has to maintain an interest Ossie, only that some folk do. Each to their own.  That said, had Chris gone to play for the Treetards (as per your Cloughie example) I'd be singing a different tune altogether!

2 hours ago, ossieram said:

What about Jamie Ward? There's a whole thread about him moving to Burton on here. He's now had two clubs since being our player, one of them being the treetards, but people are still interested in what he's up to. Maybe you're not, but a good proportion are. 

Archived