James Wilson

Cam the Ram

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Pearson prefers Bent to Martin, but Bent misses so many bloody chances its unreal, he gets caught offside a lot too. 

Maybe a younger Bent type is what he wants, with Yedlin linked as well we might see the system NP is trying to play work better.

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Sammons got more goals this season than our whole forward line and midfield combined lol

To be fair, Steve Bloomer's got the same number of goals this season as our forward line and midfield combined.

Bit of a worry.

On ‎19‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 11:17, thekingofbuxton said:

If we discount permanent signings for a moment, I wonder if their is a better striker still available for loan?

Bamford?

Akpom?

loic remy loan callum Wilson? Darwin quentero? Jordan rhodesat of favour at boro

13 minutes ago, oldram said:

loic remy loan callum Wilson? Darwin quentero? Jordan rhodesat of favour at boro

Loic Remy would have got us promoted, regular football and this guy is a tremendous talent, cannot believe he is rotting in the Chelsea reserves.

PistoldPete2
21 minutes ago, Grantona said:

Maybe Wilson had glandular fever? The "kissing disease".:)

Does that cause vomiting? I don't think so. My guess is it maybe nerves.. Hopefully something he can get over. 

I am really up about this. He's quick. He has scored goals at the top level, he has been well coached. Maybe not the finished item and maybe not perfect for the championship but as a loan I reckon it's pretty damned good. Hope he starts on Tuesday so we can really see what he's got. 

27 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

What we're missing upfront is agility and acceleration. Bent has reasonable top speed but his turning and acceleration are poor. I get the feeling we've asked about these other strikers and been put off by the crazy prices.

Really agree with that Tom. I am a Bent fan .. He gets in positions, knows where the goal is and can finish but now he is missing the 0-10mph thing .. The electric burst in the first yard that youth brings. Chris Martin doesn't have it either, no matter how wiley he is; so as a speed merchant we have Tom Ince and he is really more creator than predator and Johnny who is great but doesn't have the consistency and finesse of touch, often enough, to be a real killer. Fingers crossed 

39 minutes ago, jono said:

What we're missing upfront is agility and acceleration. Bent has reasonable top speed but his turning and acceleration are poor. I get the feeling we've asked about these other strikers and been put off by the crazy prices.

Totally agree. And its great we're using the loan market again, we picked up some right good loan signings during that 2014 playoff season (Wisdom Bamford Thorne) and should have done what we could to get Wisdom in permanently with Thorne imo. I'm glad we're not being taken for idiots with over inflated prices, Foresteri for 10m+ is just beyond stupid imo, when we could pick a Bamford type for 3m or bring in a loan like we have done here. 

16 hours ago, Tombo said:

Yeah, tell us about it... I personally think Lingard wasn't all that motivated by Championship football and the top flight inspired him a lot more. Can't say for sure though obviously, just a theory. Can't possibly know what a young player is thinking in the vital stages of their development and how the pressure can make them struggle. Certainly relevant in relation to what you say about Wilson seeming to be knackered all the time and seeming to go missing.

Good signing. Forget his previous stats I think, he's clearly got talent. 

Totally agree with that, can I add you know what I found reassuring last night, was on the F.L show(or whatever they call it these days), there was a pro as pundit telling us, he offers something different to Martin and Bent, singing his potential and in so many words saying maybe the move will do him and us good - rather listen to someone who might of played against him.

2 hours ago, oldram said:

Interesting suggestions.

I doubt we could afford Remy nor would he want to pay in the Championship.

Callum Wilson is Bournemouth's #1 striker.  Grabban could be more likely?  

Darwin Quentaro appears to be a 1 in 4 striker who is untested in our league, this would be a massive gamble and we can probably do better - im happy to admit i know nothing about this player though. 

The Rhodes rumour that has emerged today is very interesting, i agree that he would be an excellent signing. 

37 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

Darwin Quentaro appears to be a 1 in 4 striker who is untested in our league, this would be a massive gamble and we can probably do better - im happy to admit i know nothing about this player though

Anyone know the origin of this rumour?

Archived