Chris Martin - Signed for Fulham

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It seems we tried to get Martin back and were willing to pay the loan fee back but Fulham wanted compensation.

We refused to pay the compensation and instead used the original loan fee to buy Nugent, who will be a good stand in and a short term replacement.

Martin will return ready for a promotion push next season.

The fact Derby aren't saying anything suggests there is a slightest of chances he will return, but I think we are all but resigned to the fact he won't be back this Window.

Spot on. 

4 hours ago, Steve How Hard!!! said:

Alternatively, you can just make things up like yourself. Show me where either Derby or Fulham have confirmed that we have refused to pay for CM to return. You can't. How do you expect anybody to believe your ramblings when you don't back it up with facts?

I did last week, but unfortunately you don't want to understand it.

For the record I asked Simon last night if there were any news, -" nothing changed, I think he will still at Fulham till the end of season" was his response. 

6 hours ago, rynny said:

Whilst the transfer window is open there is a chance he may return.

It isn't just the people who want Martin to return that are posting constantly in here. In fact there have been a few times where no one had posted in here and then it gets bumped back up by someone (@toddy) that doesn't want him to return and start the debate all over again. So why should we close a thread? If there is nothing to discuss it will drop down off the first page and less people will be inclined to post. I never understand people demanding a thread in the transfer section be closed because they are no longer interested in it. If that is the case, just don't open the thread.

Or could just be that people post any old tripe in here which half the time is nothing to do with chris martin what so ever.

the amount of times this thread veers into other topics is often. Might as well call it the chris martin and other news thread.

21 minutes ago, toddy said:

For the record I asked Simon last night if there were any news, -" nothing changed, I think he will still at Fulham till the end of season" was his response. 

A few questions :-

Did Simon Austin actually say we were willing to pay the loan fee back?

Did he also say Fulham wanted compensation which Derby subsequently refused to pay?

Was the money used to bring in Nugent actually the loan fee?

If you are able to answer 'yes' to each of these questions then fine. 

12 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Did he also say Fulham wanted compensation which Derby subsequently refused to pay?

Yes, I wrote as much last Wednesday.

16 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Simon Austin said this on Twitter the other day:

"Andy Carroll: closest England have to Zlatan"

I think he's a parody journo... :D

8 minutes ago, toddy said:

Don't  know about twitter as I don't do it, so not sure what you are talking about?

You've been fairly presumptive in your reasoning so far, so I think people are somewhat cynical when you suddenly magic a 'reliable source' out of nowhere...

48 minutes ago, toddy said:

You're deluded. Neither Derby or Fulham have confirmed that Derby refused to pay any money for CMs return. It's all in yours and your mate Simons heads. Whoever Simon is? Nothing to do with either club  so how would he possibly know?

56 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

44 minutes ago, toddy said:

Yes, I wrote as much last Wednesday.

Straight from his blog http://simonaustinsport.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/lowdown-on-chris-martin-saga.html

They signed David Nugent last week after trying, unsuccessfully, to land Jordan Rhodes from Middlesbrough.

BBC saying Chrissie looking a dejected figure tonight...booked for a cynical foul and just put one in the stands 

heres my take

McCormick to Fulham - wants to be in the smoke - Martin back to Derby

Mc buys Ollie Watkins and or Bogle to develop - releasing Bent end of season

Rames win playoffs 

Archived