Do the Rams have an 'eccentric' well known fan?

Tony Le Mesmer

You know the type. All clubs surely have one? That fan who is well known for wearing crazy stuff, doing crazy things or just known for being a club icon for madness and eccentricity. A fan that despite them being as one with you as a fellow brother of the same club, you still wouldn't fancy an awkward bus journey alongside let alone disembark at the same stop together.

Vaguely I know of the Pompey bloke with the 80's ac/dc hair and tats who plays all those instruments. Also the 'Tango' man from Wednesday who has a gut the size of my mans bits and the same hairstyle too. Copycat.

York have a bloke called 'Trigger' who basically is inaudible and he just shouts out random noises all game from behind the goal at Bootham Crescent. I have been reliably informed that he does not have a confirmed diagnosis of medical disability so I don't think i'm doing him a disservice.

Torquay have an elderly gentlemen whose real name (seriously) is Paul *******. He lives in Manchester and hasn't missed a game for years home or away. Paul likes to wear shorts and pulled up to the knees Torquay footy socks whatever the weather, he wears an old style yellow and blue bobble hat and has been known to take picnic hampers into the away end and sit there at half time with full cutlery set tucking into a cooked chicken dinner. He's actually a wine buyer for the CO-OP I kid you not.

I'm sure there are others. Anyone know of any others or indeed if Derby themselves have an iconic fan?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say the likes of Mick Derby and Flagman qualify for the über loyal hardcore ultra fan category.

GBM I think is more of the variety that Tony Le Mesmer is referring to.

That said, I haven't seen him at a game for at least 2 seasons. Maybe got a banning order.

Back in the 1970s there used to be an eccentric chap who used to go to all games home and away including reserve away games, when the first team were not playing.  He was a fanatic.  Regardless of the weather he always wore a jacket and tie.  His name was/is Jon Warcup.

Anyone remember him?

We've got that prat in SS that tries his hard to shout amusing things every match (usually at the ref or linesmen), but a) he can't shout very loud and b) he's never said anything funny. All his friends think he's amazing....he isn't! Maybe there's people like that all over the ground??

1 hour ago, Gritters said:

Mr Sheep I call him. I've always wondered if he wears the Sheep suit for a bet no sane person would wear that week in week out home and away.

I saw him on Saturday and thought he must be hotter than the sun. The worst thing is that he can never take the hood off the outfit to cool down because he'd look like he was in blackface makeup.

1 hour ago, philmycock said:

We've got that prat in SS that tries his hard to shout amusing things every match (usually at the ref or linesmen), but a) he can't shout very loud and b) he's never said anything funny. All his friends think he's amazing....he isn't! Maybe there's people like that all over the ground??

...and all over Twitter by the looks of it! :lol:

20 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

...and all over Twitter by the looks of it! :lol:

The only thing of that ilk i've actually enjoyed is the guy explaining FK wall placement to the ref.

Archived