New people sitting around you.

Boycie

We had some right knob heads sitting behind us on sat, slagging most of the team off, moaning about everything from the scoreboard to the floodlights too.

im kinda hoping that they aren't season ticket holders or it's going to be a long old season.

anyone else got new neighbours from hell?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Boycie said:

We had some right knob heads sitting behind us on sat, slagging most of the team off, moaning about everything from the scoreboard to the floodlights too.

im kinda hoping that they aren't season ticket holders or it's going to be a long old season.

anyone else got new neighbours from hell?

We had some weirdos in front of us who couldn't see how crap everything was. 

It wasn't a bloke and two late teen lads was it?

we had a right load join us last season and Jesus wept it was astonishing. They weren't there for the last held of last season so presumed they got "asked" if they would like to relocate.

Moved myself to get away from; a senile old man, somebody who's clearly never played the game in their life and a pair of lads who had an irrational hatred of Ince.

At least where I'm sat now they sing, even if they are lacking a bit in the brains department.

We've got newcomers. Two guys in cycling sunglasses who sat in full sun with jackets on. They didn't respond when we said hello and they read programmes at half time. I'm hoping they are not the owners of the season tickets and the real owners are on holiday. I don't like moaners but some dialogue would be polite. 

4 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

We've got newcomers. Two guys in cycling sunglasses who sat in full sun with jackets on. They didn't respond when we said hello and they read programmes at half time. I'm hoping they are not the owners of the season tickets and the real owners are on holiday. I don't like moaners but some dialogue would be polite. 

Reading programmes at half time is always a bad sign. It's up there with the spanners that rock up 10 mins late with printed tickets that don't understand how the aisle lettering works or how to count.

Just now, tomsdubs said:

Reading programmes at half time is always a bad sign. It's up there with the spanners that rock up 10 mins late with printed tickets that don't understand how the aisle lettering works or how to count.

or which tier they're in.

Same old people behind me moaning about everything and were slating Keogh and Johnson all game. These are the idiots who said one of the most stupid statements I've heard at a football stadium when we were going on a bit of a good run under Wassall

"I don't want us doing too well, don't want Wassall to get the job"

Annoy me to no end.

41 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Bit harsh man. :lol:

I read programmes at half time mainly due to the fact that i'm a luddite rebelling against technology and would rather my head be down for 15 minutes reading stuff about Derby in print than some load of old trivial cack on the internet which tragically appears to be how many people's lives seem to function these days. I'm in my 30's. Having said that I do succumb to whipping out my 'device' to do a quick check of the scores. ;) Anyway, i'm contributing £3 to the club by buying it.

I'm a new ST holder and was sat in the North Stand with my 7 year old daughter and partner on Saturday. Myself and kid both had Derby shirts on. We'll be in the same seats tomorrow night too. I'm a friendly bloke who doesn't mind doing pleasantries and I don't use bad language when kids are around and i'm used to crappy lower league football so Saturday's game was pure pleasure. You'll not hear me shout, moan or utter negativity although I do like to make jokes of poor games and performances but they are only for fun.

I say I like to do pleasantries but please don't think i'm a lifelong friend and bend my ear all game. At York I soon discovered that there was one bloke who knew EVERYTHING about the club and footy in general and when I started discussing things in depth he hadn't a bloody clue what I was on about. Part timer he was, turning up now and then but making out he was the oracle about all things YCFC. Blokes that shout out what X player should do with a particular set piece and then slaughtering them for not doing as they wanted, blokes who tell you that X is ***** and Y is a lazy so and so. Blokes who just whinge basically. I had four options:

1. Re-distribute his teeth across the Bootham Crescent pop stand and hope he got the message.

2. Do something I haven't done since birth and use civilised assertiveness techniques to inform the man in a polite but clear manner to not speak to me ever again.

3. Ignore him and hope he falls asleep or finds a more receptive spectator to annoy.

4. Move stands.

I could still see him sitting there from my new position in the Shippo end. Grrrrrrrr.

I'm new, i'm positive, we'll try and get involved as best we can and I have to say that everyone sat round me on Saturday made our experience a good one. So much so my kid can't wait for tomorrow and wants to get black and white face paints on before she goes (she was mortified that there was no face painting at the ground on Saturday and I got bollocked by a 7 year old for it).

Wet myself at Ewe Rams post about the jacketed sunglassy types but to seasoned ST holders, please spare a thought to us newbie ST holders who do feel a bit judged and apprehensive like a new kid in a new school. :thumbsup:

We're not all bad.

I always sat where the noise was, and this is undoubtedly where the majority (now don't get sensitive people, I probably don't mean you) of the brainless tits decide to sit. 

I've repeatedly said that the worst thing about being a Derby fan is the fans, which is purely from my experience in sitting in the stands. I'm quite critical of our team. I know I am. However, I don't think I've ever deliberately targeted any one player in the hope of knocking their confidence further. 

The clowns that sat near me, though.. They made it their sole purpose in life. In fact, one bloke I used to sit near, who sported a ridiculous 70s star mustache and was forever shouting tedious comments at the ref, like, 'yer mum should have swallowed ya when she had the chance', used to boo players on to the pitch, ironically cheer them whilst on the pitch and argue with anyone and everyone who said otherwise. 

There was a point last season where I snapped and made a comment, however, the daft bint behind me thought I meant her, well, her 'better' half and decided to berate me for supporting the players and calling those around me nasty names. 

When I get my next season ticket, I'm going to sit somewhere quiet to hopefully cancel out these types of characters.

19 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

When I get my next season ticket, I'm going to sit somewhere quiet to hopefully cancel out these types of characters.

I moved this season because, though they might be idiots, at lest they'll sing.

I'll never forget some bloke who had an ST in front of me effing and blinding it next to his young lad. The reason? Christie didn't have a crack from the edge of the area when the ball was on his left foot, whilst being stood up by three defenders.

Lovely bloke.

Can't get to many games these days after many years a season ticket holder at BBG and first years at PP.  Then one game I hear 'individual' in front on me shout 'I hope your kids get cancer' to ref. I think that day ended my all out love of where football was going. Very sad. 

My seasons viewing started so well, the bloke that for the last 2 seasons normally wanta 1 foot exclusion zone around his rather obese body, seems to have been replaced by 2 new lads.

Keeping my fingers x'd I can enjoy the game without having to argue at near 6 foot 4, bar having detachable kneecaps, I can't  help nudging him when his Michelin mass comes into my row..

As for comments flying around, other than half the ground seemingly cheering B.J off, think everyone was letting Pearson find his feet; from near the centre of the West stand upper that's pretty generous.

Maybe they were scared Pearson might shout back at them!

We had a new couple sit in front of us, actually very nice and he particularly had a footballing brain. 

There are some near me who don't have a clue and when the new lad pointed out the error of their ways in a very succinct way they seemed baffled:) 

(one particularly who was so critical of Christie but didn't seem to realise he was getting no help from Blackman at the time ) 

i had to explain to him that sense, knowledge and football don't seem to go together most of the time. 

We all actually had a good laugh for most of the match although we couldn't get any chants going which was a shame. 

Looks like it's going to continue to be a good area I'm sat in. 

Archived