New people sitting around you.

Boycie

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

2 teenage girls next to me, spent at least 80 of the 90 minutes on their phones or talking to each other. Really annoying and a complete waste of money for whoever paid for their tickets.

Not surprised watchin that lol!!!

I don't like 'spreaders', those who require more than their fair share of space.  In front of me was a family (printed tickets, arrived late) and the young girl had a huge pony tail which she continually flicked about and whipping me with. I find that gross and if she was a permanent fixture I'd be telling her :no::no::no:

13 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

2 teenage girls next to me, spent at least 80 of the 90 minutes on their phones or talking to each other. Really annoying and a complete waste of money for whoever paid for their tickets.

They were taking sneaky pics of you and instagramming them to their mates with captions like "omg he is so kute" and "wtf werido wont stop checkin me out"

There's a lad who sits about 2 rows in front of me who wear a jacket with a built in "mask" that covers the bottom half of your face and nose, kind of like a cowboy wearing a cloth to hold up a train. every time he arrives he pulls this bit of his jacket on to make himself look like a bad boy hooligan. Takes loads of photos, then takes it off and sits nicely with his dad and watches the game in near total silence.

me think his match day stories to his mates might be slightly fabricated.

"their firm ran at me so I put each one of them on their arse"

17 minutes ago, MrOrdinary said:

There's 1 guy who sits in front of me who complains about time wasting every game after 2minutes. Annoys me immensely.

and the guy who sits next to me comes to every game 5-10mins late and leaves every game 5-10mins early. That also annoys me

Sorry MrO. I'll try not to do it this season.  But boy, does time wasting annoy me especially when the refs do sweet FA about it until there's 5 minutes to go.  Scott Carson's a genius at it.

11 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I always sat where the noise was, and this is undoubtedly where the majority (now don't get sensitive people, I probably don't mean you) of the brainless tits decide to sit. 

I've repeatedly said that the worst thing about being a Derby fan is the fans, which is purely from my experience in sitting in the stands. I'm quite critical of our team. I know I am. However, I don't think I've ever deliberately targeted any one player in the hope of knocking their confidence further. 

The clowns that sat near me, though.. They made it their sole purpose in life. In fact, one bloke I used to sit near, who sported a ridiculous 70s star mustache and was forever shouting tedious comments at the ref, like, 'yer mum should have swallowed ya when she had the chance', used to boo players on to the pitch, ironically cheer them whilst on the pitch and argue with anyone and everyone who said otherwise. 

There was a point last season where I snapped and made a comment, however, the daft bint behind me thought I meant her, well, her 'better' half and decided to berate me for supporting the players and calling those around me nasty names. 

When I get my next season ticket, I'm going to sit somewhere quiet to hopefully cancel out these types of characters.

Try the West stand Ambitious, allegedly 

27 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Sorry MrO. I'll try not to do it this season.  But boy, does time wasting annoy me especially when the refs do sweet FA about it until there's 5 minutes to go.  Scott Carson's a genius at it.

The thing is he doesn't mind derby doing it just the away team, and 90% of the time there's no time wasting going on. One time it was the ball boy  taking time to give the ball back, but all his abuse was to the away keeper. I tried to point that out but got shot down

Back in the day we had to move out of the east stand to the SE corner because the bloke who sat behind us was so unbearable. It was the Burley play off season, so the football was great and so were results for the most part. This guy hated everything the team did and was extremely loud and bombastic in his hatred. I think Morten Bisgaard must still hear that ***** telling him how useless he is when he's drifting off to sleep. A nice family sat in front of us and were some of the most polite and well mannered people I've seen at a football ground and even they were turning round to give him pelters towards the end of the season.

Back when I used to attend games there was a guy in the North sand who mistook a GK being given for a Penalty being awarded at least once a game. Would stand up and cheer. Quite funny. 

14 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Back when I used to attend games there was a guy in the North sand who mistook a GK being given for a Penalty being awarded at least once a game. Would stand up and cheer. Quite funny. 

This is why I will always stand up for the couch potatoes, I'll never forget my roots and on Saturday in the South Lower reminded me how right I always most of the time right. Even with my new prescription sunglasses on so I had perfect vision could not see fully what goes on down the other end. Literally any ball that goes across the goal I think has gone in, almost swivelling on my feet as if I had a nervous twitch or something. 

I don't have a season ticket but I went to the game on Saturday. I had 3 women behind me who spoke absolute rubbish all game. I just don't understand why people bother turning up if they are just going to berate the players that play for the team that they are meant to support. I can appreciate that it wasn't the most entertaining of games and that we weren't at our best, but instead of saying that Keogh is useless, Blackman is crap and Johnson should be sold, why can't people try and get behind the team?

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Thankfully everyone around me are regular season ticket holders and rather watch the match than shout abuse. Good job,looking at some of the comments about other people on here

Or maybe they are all complaining about you on here?!

29 minutes ago, David said:

This is why I will always stand up for the couch potatoes, I'll never forget my roots and on Saturday in the South Lower reminded me how right I always most of the time right. Even with my new prescription sunglasses on so I had perfect vision could not see fully what goes on down the other end. Literally any ball that goes across the goal I think has gone in, almost swivelling on my feet as if I had a nervous twitch or something. 

Indeed. Stuff going on at the other end was completely incomprehensible. Although this guy did occasionally make the Penalty/GK mistake at our end :lol:

Wish I had some new people around me, still got the same old guy behind me who shouts far side every 5 minutes, when will he realise when a players head is down facing the west stand, he can't possibly know baird is free on the far side!!!!

Archived