Live Game Thread 16/17

SaintRam

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

City vs Chelsea has been an excellent match. City have wasted so many good chances.

Only downside is the constant analysis of the refereeing performance. Every two minutes they're talking about Anthony Taylor. So obsessed with refereeing performances.

Didn't think he got much wrong really. Got less sure Luiz fouled Kun the more I saw it. Fantastic match though. Hope Kun gets big ban. Terrible challenge meant to hurt. 

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

Didn't think he got much wrong really. Got less sure Luiz fouled Kun the more I saw it. Fantastic match though. Hope Kun gets big ban. Terrible challenge meant to hurt. 

Was terrible wasn't it? Looked like he had a bit of revenge in mind from when Luiz landed on his ankle from a corner. I've hated Chelsea for such a long time, but under Conte I can't help but like them.

Strange as I'm a big Guardiola fan, but I was rooting for Chelsea on the counter.

17 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Was terrible wasn't it? Looked like he had a bit of revenge in mind from when Luiz landed on his ankle from a corner. I've hated Chelsea for such a long time, but under Conte I can't help but like them.

Strange as I'm a big Guardiola fan, but I was rooting for Chelsea on the counter.

Seems weird liking Chelsea. Costa is so much better when he hasn't got a manager telling him to be the panto bully. I did enjoy Chelsea winning Champs league under Di Matteo. I know they played dire stuff but they were so much the underdogs it was exciting.

Wonder if Kun on Luiz had any argie vs brazil to it. Remember when everyone laughed when Luiz came back to Chelsea. He was awesome today. 

17 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Seems weird liking Chelsea. Costa is so much better when he hasn't got a manager telling him to be the panto bully. I did enjoy Chelsea winning Champs league under Di Matteo. I know they played dire stuff but they were so much the underdogs it was exciting.

Wonder if Kun on Luiz had any argie vs brazil to it. Remember when everyone laughed when Luiz came back to Chelsea. He was awesome today. 

Luiz isn't that great at defending so he seems to get exposed when playing with two CBS. But playing in a three, he seems to be playing as a ball-playing sweeper and he has been brilliant.

8 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

City vs Chelsea has been an excellent match. City have wasted so many good chances.

Only downside is the constant analysis of the refereeing performance. Every two minutes they're talking about Anthony Taylor. So obsessed with refereeing performances.

Having just seen the highlights though on MOTD I'd be disappointed if ref Athony Taylor was permitted to keep on reffing. Some truly bizarre decisions.

Just watched the West Ham Arsenal highlights. What a player Sanchez is. Sanchez and Aguero are street footballers, Quick, low centre of gravity, constantly harassing defenders, little back lift on shots. Could watch them all day. When they aren't taking Luiz out at the knee. 

11 hours ago, Phoenix said:

How the mightly are falling. Had a peep at the Leicester City forum. Not a happy bunch, seems like a few are looking back with affection at the Pearson years. Where's that bimbo who came crowing on here last season about Leicester's world domination of sport?

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/109526-sunderland-post-match-thread/?page=1

I remember thinking at the start of the season that Leicester might go down, and I also remember thinking that if I was a Leicester fan I just wouldn't care. You've just seen something last season that will never be topped within your life from a footballing perspective, and you'd just be grateful for those memories.

That thread is embarrassing to read, and is exactly the reason I was desperate for Leicester not to win the title last season.

2 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I remember thinking at the start of the season that Leicester might go down, and I also remember thinking that if I was a Leicester fan I just wouldn't care. You've just seen something last season that will never be topped within your life from a footballing perspective, and you'd just be grateful for those memories.

That thread is embarrassing to read, and is exactly the reason I was desperate for Leicester not to win the title last season.

I daresay alot of our fan base would be reacting exactly the same in their position 

If it's not Champions League the Leicester team don't look arsed. I would be going nuts if that was us.

Drop the "star" players in Europe, don't perform in the league you're not playing in the CL, simple as. 

Also no surprise Vardy is looking like a one season wonder, makes his decision not to join Arsenal even more stupid and Arsenal even more so for wanting to sign him for the £30m+ wasnt it?

Archived