No new signings will we be able to compete?

toddy

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s crazy how pessimistic we can be.

Let’s try and look at it another way. If we had bought the entire squad this summer AND got Nigel Pearson in as manager we’d all be weeing ourselves with excitement!

What more do you want in your squad than a bunch of decent players who know what’s involved in Championship football and have been in the Top 6 almost constantly for 3 entire seasons?

The lack of new arrivals doesn’t surprise me one bit. There are no obvious massive gaps in the squad barring injuries – all we really need is to find that consistency of form. That’s where Pearson comes in. If he thinks we need to start shaking up the squad then he will do it later in the season when the mists start to clear. Right now I think Pearson is the envy of all the other Championship managers with the squad he has inherited and the lack of an urgent need to start going on mad gambles in the transfer market

We may not have had new signings but some players will be completely changed under Pearson! For a start Bent and Blackman are looking hungry for goals and I think Pearce is looking more involved so although we haven't got anyone new in we will still seem stronger than previously. Plus we have a couple of the academy/young players coming through who could make an impact - definitely no need to worry! 

8 minutes ago, David said:

You can't ban Rynny, only I can

I was waiting for the edit before posting. Don't want to be accused of doctoring his posts to suit my own argument but knows that the replies happened before they were edited.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, harryram said:

Who knows? One thing I am pretty sure of is that a few of our players will look like new players under Pearson. Also lets not forget we missed maybe the best player in the championship for nearly the entire season 

No maybe about it last season, no better player in the champ for me.

There maybe a maybe this season. 

The thread did a handful of pages and then did them again. 

All I've seen is people moan about lack of signings meaning we haven't strengthened and then refuse to answer who we should have signed and ignore the proof that spending doesn't equal strengthening... then continue moaning for another handful of pages.

Everyone can have an opinion. No matter how stupid it may seem to others. But you begin to look a bit of a plank if you can't explain your views when pulled up on them and you resort to just making the same statement.

We saw it last year with the "Mel doesn't want promotion" brigade. 

Just stuck on repeat. Give them a 5000 word article explaining something and they pick out 4 words and just repeat them. 

Probably be another 5 pages of "our rivals have strengthened." 

Since QPR 2014 we've probably spent £25 - 30m on footballers and we've not improved. You'd think fans of this club might know better. 

16 minutes ago, Alpha said:

The thread did a handful of pages and then did them again. 

All I've seen is people moan about lack of signings meaning we haven't strengthened and then refuse to answer who we should have signed and ignore the proof that spending doesn't equal strengthening... then continue moaning for another handful of pages.

Everyone can have an opinion. No matter how stupid it may seem to others. But you begin to look a bit of a plank if you can't explain your views when pulled up on them and you resort to just making the same statement.

We saw it last year with the "Mel doesn't want promotion" brigade. 

Just stuck on repeat. Give them a 5000 word article explaining something and they pick out 4 words and just repeat them. 

Probably be another 5 pages of "our rivals have strengthened." 

Since QPR 2014 we've probably spent £25 - 30m on footballers and we've not improved. You'd think fans of this club might know better. 

But I want some shiny new toys for £10m, please?

New signings bring excitement and breeds optimism ,, for me we've made a massive signing that excites me and fills me with optimism ,,,, Pearson ,,,,,,,,, 

10 minutes ago, Srg said:

But I want some shiny new toys for £10m, please?

You've seen your neighbour take delivery of his new bike so now you want one. Even though you had one last summer?

Do you even know if your neighbour can ride a bike yet?

Archived