No new signings will we be able to compete?

toddy

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

McCormack is going to Norwich . 

Newcastle have signed a load of quality . 

Brighton are signing Pritchard .

Wolves will make signings. 

I know your totally confident mate so let's wait and see if your right. 

A) McCormack is going Villa

b) Newcastle have lost or will lose half their team to higher division teams so had to sign an actual team to play. So what did you exactly expect?

c) Brighton maybe signing Pritchard, but haven't done a great deal of anything other than that. Would you be excited about Glen Murray? 

D) Wolves have just hired a coach with more clubs than I've had hot dinners, and will chuck money at the wall to see what sticks. Forest anyone?

E) the transfer window isn't shut so stop making these stupid rash judgments on what we have and haven't done when it's not even over. 

F) Many fans thought the management was the main problem with the team. Well, now we've got the majority choice. So why not back the guy?

G) remember gushing over Bradley Johnson for £6m? Yeah, well you saw how average he was last year. That's what can happen with expensive new signings. So just calm down. 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, rynny said:

So who would you have brought in that has gone to our rivals? What teams that finished below us last season have over taken us with their signings?

Norwich and Newcastle have stronger squads than us and Brighton and Sheff Wednesday have strengthened, so will Villa and Wolves. 

1 minute ago, CastletonRam said:

Norwich and Newcastle have stronger squads than us and Brighton and Sheff Wednesday have strengthened, so will Villa and Wolves. 

So who would you have signed that they have?

I'm glad we haven't rushed in as last season.

This group is good enough to compete with any team in this division as long as we steer clear of injuries and I'm sure Pearson will take stock and make the required adjustments as he sees fit later in the season.

Just have some patience and enjoy the ride :)

17 minutes ago, Srg said:

A) McCormack is going Villa

b) Newcastle have lost or will lose half their team to higher division teams so had to sign an actual team to play. So what did you exactly expect?

c) Brighton maybe signing Pritchard, but haven't done a great deal of anything other than that. Would you be excited about Glen Murray? 

D) Wolves have just hired a coach with more clubs than I've had hot dinners, and will chuck money at the wall to see what sticks. Forest anyone?

E) the transfer window isn't shut so stop making these stupid rash judgments on what we have and haven't done when it's not even over. 

F) Many fans thought the management was the main problem with the team. Well, now we've got the majority choice. So why not back the guy?

G) remember gushing over Bradley Johnson for £6m? Yeah, well you saw how average he was last year. That's what can happen with expensive new signings. So just calm down. 

3-0 Saturday that might be a rash statement  by you hey ?

Hope your right. 

McCormack isn't decided yet is it. 

What is decided is on here and it's not rocket science  

http://www.skysports.com/football/team-transfers-championship

Transfer window shuts end of August but no emergency loans this season. 

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

3-0 Saturday that might be a rash statement  by you hey ?

Hope your right. 

McCormack isn't decided yet is it. 

What is decided is on here and it's not rocket science  

http://www.skysports.com/football/team-transfers-championship

Transfer window shuts end of August but no emergency loans this season. 

It's also not Football Manager. Derby can't just go out and sign tons of players for lots of money because curtains off the DCFC forum wants it.

3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

It's also not Football Manager. Derby can't just go out and sign tons of players for lots of money because curtains off the DCFC forum wants it.

Of course they can't but don't think for one minute that all the teams in the Championship don't start the campaign thinking that they will do better than last season because they do. 

This forum is optimistic Derby will be great this season but that applies to most teams. 

Pearson may improve these players. 

Im willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Of course they can't but don't think for one minute that all the teams in the Championship don't start the campaign thinking that they will do better than last season because they do. 

The forum is optimistic Derby will great this season but that applies to most teams. 

Pearson may improve these players. 

Im willing to give him the benefit of the doubt

Are you though? Because to me it seems as though every day near enough you're on here moaning about our lack of signings, our team not being good enough, other teams being better etc. That's not really giving Pearson the benefit of the doubt to improve these players and this team.

3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Are you though? Because to me it seems as though every day near enough you're on here moaning about our lack of signings, our team not being good enough, other teams being better etc. That's not really giving Pearson the benefit of the doubt to improve these players and this team.

Well I wasn't his biggest fan I've got to be honest. 

You seem to be on with your optimism every day. 

I repeat I will give him the benefit of the doubt and I'd love Derby to get Top 2 but I just don't think it's realistic this season. 

You do so fair enough. 

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

Well I wasn't his biggest fan I've got to be honest. 

You seem to be on with your optimism every day. 

I repeat I will give him the benefit of the doubt and I'd love Derby to get Top 2 but I just don't think it's realistic this season. 

You do so fair enough. 

Not optimism. I've already said I don't think we'll finish top 2, but I just don't get why people are already moaning before the seasons even begun. 

Assuming we don't lose any players... 

We have about as good a pair of keepers as you could expect for this level. 

I don't think there are many sides with two better options at left back, if at all. And at right back, if Cyrus replicates last seasons form, are there many better in this division? I appreciate we could do with another option there, but we're hardly desperate. 

We have a top end Championship pairing at centre half with adequate cover in my opinion. 

In the centre of midfield we are absolutely blessed at this level. And if we're playing just two in there this season, you'd have to say we've too much quality to pick from. 

It looks as though Ince will operate more centrally this season and so that is impacting on us out wide, which is the area I still feel we could do with strengthening. I rate Russell. I don't think there are any better wingers in terms of output in this division and stats bear that opinion out too. But after that we're hoping Blackman, Weimann and Camara come good. And I still see two of those as strikers. 

And up top we have goal machines in Bent and Martin. 

So all in all, yes. I think we'll be able to compete. Will it be enough for promotion? Not a clue. Do I wish we were throwing money at it again? No. Would I like to see a centre mid leave and a winger arrive? 100% yes. 

I've been awake 19 hours. Stop making me participate on the internet. Goodnight.

2 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Assuming we don't lose any players... 

We have about as good a pair of keepers as you could expect for this level. 

I don't think there are many sides with two better options at left back, if at all. And at right back, if Cyrus replicates last seasons form, are there many better in this division? I appreciate we could do with another option there, but we're hardly desperate. 

We have a top end Championship pairing at centre half with adequate cover in my opinion. 

In the centre of midfield we are absolutely blessed at this level. And if we're playing just two in there this season, you'd have to say we've too much quality to pick from. 

It looks as though Ince will operate more centrally this season and so that is impacting on us out wide, which is the area I still feel we could do with strengthening. I rate Russell. I don't think there are any better wingers in terms of output in this division and stats bear that opinion out too. But after that we're hoping Blackman, Weimann and Camara come good. And I still see two of those as strikers. 

And up top we have goal machines in Bent and Martin. 

So all in all, yes. I think we'll be able to compete. Will it be enough for promotion? Not a clue. Do I wish we were throwing money at it again? No. Would I like to see a centre mid leave and a winger arrive? 100% yes. 

I've been awake 19 hours. Stop making me participate on the internet. Goodnight.

I have the exact same thoughts. Happy with our current team but wouldn't mind a centre mid leaving and a winger coming in. And possibly a striker or #10 just to cover/compete with Ince, Martin, Bent and Weimann. Would love for us to nip in and try and get Pritchard, can play out wide or behind the striker so would be perfect for us.

Archived