Markeaton Park

uttoxram75

Really good day out there today. 5 adults, 6 kids, took a picnic and the kids enjoyed the day as much (if not more) than Alton Towers.

Cost £12 parking for 3 cars, £0 to get in and we probably spent about £40 between us on donkey rides, bouncy castle, boating lake and motorised bikes for the kids. All the main play areas and paddling pool were free.

I was talking to people from as far as Stoke and Notts who bring the kids for a cheap day out during the school hols.

Obviously I knocked fook out of them the dirty stoke and reddog tw@@ts.

Councils get a lot of abuse but we should be proud of assets like Markeaton Park and how well its kept and maintained.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a few minutes walk from Markeaton Park, used to go there far more often than I do now. Always been a very nice calming place, for me (someone who's pretty paranoid almost everywhere I go). People are always really nice there. 

Love taking my young lad there when we are over visiting... He talks about it a lot when we return to Sweden...

" Best park in ALL the world Dad..."!! 

Decent bacon Sarnie in the cafe behind the craft village... Great for the go karts and bouncy castle thing... Endless happy days with him on there. 

We even"  won"( dad bribed the carnies at least) Nemo on the fair there a few years back..

38 minutes ago, sage said:

I've got a red dog mate from Nottm (i know, I know) who goes with his kids dozens of times a year. Top place.

They're fixing the water feature in Nottingham market square at the moment, suppose they've got to wash somewhere.

Might try going one day, sounds good. Driven past it loads of times on the way past Derby from Chesterfield and often seen the miniature train going past. Faster than my car actually.

I guess for those who have been to Queens Park in Chesterfield which also has it's own miniature railway, I guess it's similar to that only a lot lot bigger than QP.

I'll give it a go at some point over the holidays definitely. Is parking free?

1 minute ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Might try going one day, sounds good. Driven past it loads of times on the way past Derby from Chesterfield and often seen the miniature train going past. Faster than my car actually.

I guess for those who have been to Queens Park in Chesterfield which also has it's own miniature railway, I guess it's similar to that only a lot lot bigger than QP.

I'll give it a go at some point over the holidays definitely. Is parking free?

No you have to pay for parking, around £2.00 for up to 2 hours, around £3.00 for up to 4 hours and about £4.00 for over 4 hours

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

No you have to pay for parking, around £2.00 for up to 2 hours, around £3.00 for up to 4 hours and about £4.00 for over 4 hours

Cheers Rynny. Doesn't sound too bad. Went to Sherwood Forest today and they wanted a fiver to park! Turned round and went to Rufford Abbey instead.

2 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Cheers Rynny. Doesn't sound too bad. Went to Sherwood Forest today and they wanted a fiver to park! Turned round and went to Rufford Abbey instead.

Just checked the councils website and I was slightly out with the up to 2 hour parking, it is only  £1.90 but the other 2 were spot on.

http://www.derby.gov.uk/environment-and-planning/parks-and-open-spaces/markeaton-park/

Archived