The Tesco Stadium

Animal is a Ram

Rolex is a pretty well known brand within watch people but still they use enormous mount of money every year for advertising. Why ? Advertising pays off. Still Tesco Stadium doesn't sound good at all. Hooters would be better.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, David said:

Seriously tho, I don't understand what Tesco would gain from naming rights on a football stadium.

Hands up who has never heard of Tesco before, do they really need to get their name out there?

Are West Ham fans suddenly going to ditch Asda and travel across town to Tesco or continue to shop at their local supermarket.

I don't understand what they feel they would gain from this. Same as Just Eat on the front of a Derby shirt. 

I can understand 3aaa, the kind of company that may not be known nationwide.

Bombardier was another silly one.

The same could be said of Coca Cola and other well known brands which sponsor sports and dont really need the UK advertising. It's all about prestige and image. And there's also the international market to consider where some brands are not so well known. 

4 hours ago, David said:

Seriously tho, I don't understand what Tesco would gain from naming rights on a football stadium.

Hands up who has never heard of Tesco before, do they really need to get their name out there?

Are West Ham fans suddenly going to ditch Asda and travel across town to Tesco or continue to shop at their local supermarket.

I don't understand what they feel they would gain from this. Same as Just Eat on the front of a Derby shirt. 

they may be trying to expand into other countries.

3 hours ago, Cisse said:

Rolex is a pretty well known brand within watch people but still they use enormous mount of money every year for advertising. Why ? Advertising pays off. Still Tesco Stadium doesn't sound good at all. Hooters would be better.

I like Hooters.

Sith Happens
5 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Tesco (or whoever) will get massive tax benefits from sponsoring a ground, it is free money to them. 

Fair play to West Ham they seem to have got the whole thing sorted really nicely. 

They certainly do.

Sith Happens
7 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I like Hooters.

To be fair i actually think the Hooters stadium would be an even better name for Forests stadium, considering its run by a giant tit.

18 hours ago, David said:

There has to be a tax relief involved for advertisement surely? Would you rather, as a company, pay tax or naming rights of a stadium? 

Obviously because of our upstanding morals and social responsibility we'd pay the tax instead but I don't think the private sector are too fussed about morals. 

On 7/28/2016 at 09:58, EastHertsRam said:

Well, it Asda be called something. :ph34r:

Asda be Morrisons for calling it Tesco Stadium when you think of Aldi other names they could have called it. Wait Rose, I am writing my Supermarket punfest, I will be with you in a Lidl while and we can go shopping at Sainsbury's.  :thumbsup: I know, not by best work but Cost Cutters have reduced by pun budget. :D 

22 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Surely Anusol are waiting until they can sponsor every safe standing section in the country Arsenal?

Archived