Benfica vs Derby County

Carl Sagan

Just now, B4ev6is said:

In my tetsudo it is upto me to work on things when i not training with my club. It is no different every player going to have strenghs and weaknesses and things they struggle with they can work on there own.

As I said they can do that after training though at the training ground rather than at home where they're meant to be resting

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You tell me they can not work on dribbling skills and think back on games were they could have beaten that player or something he could have done better at and work on those sort of things. I dont buy you can only work at things on the training ground.

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

You tell me they can not work on dribbling skills and think back on games were they could have beaten that player or something he could have done better at and work on those sort of things. I dont buy you can only work at things on the training ground.

Do you practice ushering skills at home B4?

Bobby Charlton used to kick a ball against a wall time after time to get his control etc right. 

He's a World Cup winner .

So let's give B4 some leeway here he's only trying to say they need to hone their skills a bit more  

Practice makes perfect  

42 minutes ago, curtains said:

Bobby Charlton used to kick a ball against a wall time after time to get his control etc right. 

He's a World Cup winner .

So let's give B4 some leeway here he's only trying to say they need to hone their skills a bit more  

Practice makes perfect  

Practice make permenant, not perfect.

13 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Shotton, Keogh & Shackell didn't get anywhere near their attacking players. It's ok though as we have cover in defence.

To be fair to shotton he was in Birmingham at the time so not surprising he wasn't near the attackers

3 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

But also players jobs to work on things when not on the training ground perhaps they need to work

On ball control and foot work even

In there own back garden.

:D

Can you imagine Nigel Pearson receiving a phone call from the hospital to inform him that Thorne is out for 3 months due to being tackled by the clothes line :whistle:

18 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Doesn't look overly concerned, unlike some of our fans who have written off the season already. He looks like a man who now knows more about his squad and who the fighters are etc.. that's why we have pre season.

13 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

:D

Can you imagine Nigel Pearson receiving a phone call from the hospital to inform him that Thorne is out for 3 months due to being tackled by the clothes line :whistle:

Sadly, yes. Yes I can.

20 hours ago, Dan_Ram said:

Alright chaps,

I was at the game today. In case you are interested, here's my take on it (copy & pasted from FB).

ImWe played a 5-3-2 with wing backs in the first half which we could see the players weren't used to. Sorry to say Max Lowe looked out of his depth today, Nige switched Fozzy out wide to try to stop them getting down our left after about 20 mins - didn't help that their right back was the best player on the pitch. Bent & Blackman did the sum of f**k all which can be half understood when we hardly had the ball but there was no desire to drop in to midfield to get the ball, track back or even make any meaningful forward runs. Johnson had a decent game getting stuck in but his ball retention and passing were below average. Only pluses from the first half were Hughsey looking a cut above as per, Timi Elsnik having a few decent touches and we started to come in to it a bit more right at the end of the half. 

2nd half started much better with the kind of pressing and tempo you'd expect from a Pearson side. Bryso looked sharp and JR and Tom Ince had some decent interchanges, Santos looked very bright as well. Pretty much all of the goals came from poor defending though and people not tracking runners or just not picking up men in/around the box.

Summary?- Defensively we looked very poor and sorely missing Keogh/Shackell/Christie. We battled well in midfield and because of that I don't actually think we'd miss Hendrick too much were he to go. We had a chronic lack of pace up front though. It's all well and good Bent/Blackman chasing lost causes but we need someone who can carry the ball with pace like Ince used to and Ibe did when on loan. Their defence tonight was never really made to work and I can't remember the keeper making a save. Expect Nige to bring in a defender & forward if we want to compete at the sharp end this year. 
Oh and the beer in the stadium was non-alcoholic which was disappointing..

Ok selfish interest here , we are going to the Karlsruhe game and I am really looking forward to it , you can't beat a week in central europe to remind you how s%%t Spain is ;-) anyway I digress , this is our first friendly abroad , what can we expect are the team a bit more forth coming with regards to interacting with the fans before and after the game or is it like a normal home game ?

3 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

And more importantively Nigel is still sloshed from the night before AND got a great tan while doing it.  Don't get irate Nigel, i am a big fan of yours already.

The players need educating though, a swimming pool is for swimming or in their case running back and forth to get those thigh muscles toned up

25 minutes ago, ramit said:

And more importantively Nigel is still sloshed from the night before AND got a great tan while doing it.  Don't get irate Nigel, i am a big fan of yours already.

The players need educating though, a swimming pool is for swimming or in their case running back and forth to get those thigh muscles toned up

I was kind of hoping nigel would have sorted bradleys bun out by now.

Sensible hair cut only in pearo''s rams!

Anyone else notice the benfica player who looked a bit similar to Bradley? 

1 hour ago, CHCDerby said:

If Derby had played their strongest team for 90 minutes, we would have given them a game. Simple as that.

No chance in hell, Benfica would smash most premier league teams let alone a championship team. Benfica are much better than the weakened Man Utd that played us off the park last season in the cup game.They got to the quarter finals of the champions league last season, only to lose to Bayern narrowly.They also beat arguably the best team in Europe for home games , Atletico Madrid, 2-1 away in the group stage.  This is why I'm not bothered that we got smashed because they are a top, top team and it is pre season of course.

Archived