Benfica vs Derby County

Carl Sagan

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Inverurie Ram said:

In all honesty, some might say your post is absolute mouse trap. Bucko didn't get sent off, it wasn't a competitive game and he might have not done the same stumbling tackle in a competitive game, and if we all love Bucko as you have typed above then as your name suggests maybe you could type with an awful lot more love, his time is not up unfortunately, and as you've typed, you shouldn't look into pre season games like this. Bucko was not terrible, did you watch Pearce in the second half or did you still have your Bucko hating goggles still on, although that may be excused by the hatred bile some of our so called fans post on forums.

Here's hoping Muckhatin has left this forum by the end of the day, never mind next week.

Are you a Derby County Supporter?.......unfortunately Derby has far too many "McLovin" typing things (thousands of em) connected to the football club that some of us really love.

There's only one Super Jake Buxton.........

Buxton hating glasses? I love the bloke with passion and at his best I used to love his diagonal long range passing. It was a joy to watch. Pearce was awful too but Davenport specifically asked about Buxton, not Pearce. I was impressed with some of how some of our younger players did like Rawson and Elsnik. Everyone loves Buxton because of his passion but if it was Keogh who made the amount of errors that Bucko did last night he would have been slaughtered friendly or not. 

7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Well he put a team out that's never played together in a formation they don't play in for their first friendly against a good European level team and was surprised we looked poor?

Only nigel pearson will know how much the team worked on those formations and their positions in training so only he can say for sure how valid his surprise. 

Formations and fitness aside there were examples of poor basics at times and maybe he expects those as a minimum. 

I'm completely speculating of course but I wonder whether he gained more questions than answers last night. Interesting few weeks for sure....

Ladies & Gentlemen, Boys & Girls I have an announcement to make. 

That was the first pre-season friendly after being back a week. It doesn't matter a jot what the score was. At this stage it doesn't really matter how individual players played, it is just about getting some minutes football into them. 

No points at stake, no being dumped out of a cup, so those who are feeling traumatised by us losing why don't you sit down have a nice glass of milk and maybe a chocolate digestive, you will feel much better for it. xx

8 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Chelsea lost 2-0 to Vienna

Swansea lost to Richmond whoever they are

Pre season is about getting match fitness and working on potential formations. 

So you are suggesting that a sense of perspective might be required?

Take a look at some of your posts from last night.

8 minutes ago, eddie said:

So you are suggesting that a sense of perspective might be required?

Take a look at some of your posts from last night.

I think you need to go to specsavers because I said I'd rather lose to Benfica which would be valuable to see what needs to be worked on than smashing teams like Gateshead 6-0 where Pearson and the team would gain nothing. You're getting me mixed up with castleton ram. I didn't criticize us one bit  in terms of the overall performance because Benfica are a top side and it will benefit the players having a tough game like that in order to help fitness. I only criticized Martin for getting in a needless scrap with Luisao but that was all

1 minute ago, Seth's left foot said:

Some of the posters on here will be waiting in arrivals with pitchforks <_<

They'll be too busy calling Sportscene at 6 on Radio Derby to explain how we shouldn't have sacked Nigel Clough.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Chelsea lost 2-0 to Vienna

Swansea lost to Richmond whoever they are

Pre season is about getting match fitness and working on potential formations. 

Stoke lost 3-0 to Burton as well.. pre season isn't about routing teams 6-0 lol.. but a lot on here seem to think it is so there we are.

Archived