i wish pearson make new signings

B4ev6is

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, B4ev6is said:

The longer we keep holding off from making new signings all the decent players will be gone all will be left basement players that nobody wants.

Please mel hurry up.

Be patient B4. 

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

The longer we keep holding off from making new signings all the decent players will be gone all will be left basement players that nobody wants.

Please mel hurry up.

I'm glad your not in charge. Mistake we made last season was signing too many too quickly, with no regard to where they fitted in the team. This time last year we'd already signed Carson, Weimann, Pearce, Bent, Ince, and Baird. Only Carson I'd argue has been a hit. Patience. 

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Please mel hurry up.

Come on Mel sign that Gary Teale up quick 

5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Please mel hurry up.

Which players are you referring to B4? Because none of the players we've been linked with have signed for anyone else yet. And Nakhi Wells who is a player you and many others (myself included) would love here, is still at Huddersfield. No Rush yet.

Just now, Don't Panic said:

If we miss out on Claude Davis..... :ph34r:

Don't mention his name please I'm having a nightmare now. :(

I'm a transfer window slut, I can't get enough of transfer rumours and love to hear us make new signings and I always dreamt of us spending a few million on players.

But boy did last season give me a jolly good slap in the face. 

I never want us to rush out spending millions on loads of players, most of which are a gamble, we did it with Jewell and Clement and it didn't work.

If Clough got anything right, it was the fact he bought one key player per year, whether it was Shackell, barker, Keogh, Or Bryson, when he made a signing it often made a positive impact on the squad.

Be patient, if you book them they will come.

Yeah. If we wait until the end of the window we will only get basement players like them Butterfield and Johnson lads we got last day last season. Not a patch on them Bent or Pearce fellas we snapped up early.

Id rather we waited and made one or two big / decent signings that are actually thought through and are what we need to improve the team. Its better than last summers scatter gun approach of signing everyone and anyone 

36 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well it is true

The players have been back for only a day and we have a new manager. I'd rather we take our time and sign someone who will make a difference, unlike the 'sign 100 and hope 1 will come good' tactic used last summer.

It takes a lot longer than a day to assess a squad of players, decide what could improve it, find that improvement, convince a club to sell presumably their best player, negotiate a contract with the player, have the player complete a medical, take pictures with a Derby scarf/shirt, have a interview with Gibbo then announce the transfer.

You might be able to sign a player from scratch on football manager with 5 minutes of a transfer window to go, but that's a game, this is real life. This thread should be closed, and would have been within minutes if it was anyone else.

9 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Please mel hurry up.

do you think the squad is not good enough as it is b4?

We certainly don't seem to be rushing to buy any new players it seems, unlike last season.

Does that tell us something about our limitations in the market place this season because we are a lot closer to FFP problems than the club are admiting ?. Hopefully my concerns are totally unfounded ?. Or is it a case of Pearson examining what he's already got now the players  have returned for Pre-Season training ?.

The players we have are fine. We have a good squad and we are in no desperate need of signings. 

It is not like we finished in the bottom half and most of our players want out. 

My concerns are keeping Hughes and Hendrick this summer and with a fully fit squad we can beat anyone in this division. 

I know what B4 means, it does seem to make sense to do your transfer business early in order to get the players settled in quicker.

However, we have who has proven that he knows how build a squad and get promotion. Admittedly, this window has been decidedly boring, but I have complete faith that Nigel Pearson knows what he is doing.

Archived