i wish pearson make new signings

B4ev6is

1 minute ago, David said:

So he likes 4-4-2, but what formation has he been playing with this squad so far in all the games he's managed?

What would you say have been the weak areas of his teams so far that he should strengthen?

Just wondering where Weimann has been, 2mins 12secs into this video he reckons that he's never even met Pearson yet. Weird that. 

Why's that weird?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

of course he needs a few days to look at our squad - most only met him yesterday!!

I wouldn't be surprised if he is just waiting to see who falls out naturally at Leicester - as they appear to be making some big signings...defence, midfield and attack - and a couple of them - De Lat, Ulloa - may be left surplus and take on a new challenge

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Why's that weird?

It's weird because some seem to think 4-4-2 is our new nailed on formation, the only way that could have been decided is by working with the squad yet some haven't even met Pearson yet, we still have players that haven't even returned to training yet! or that people are going on that he's used it before which means diddly squat. How many formations did we go through under Clough and Clement?

6 minutes ago, David said:

So he likes 4-4-2, but what formation has he been playing with this squad so far in all the games he's managed?

What would you say have been the weak areas of his teams so far that he should strengthen?

Just wondering where Weimann has been, 2mins 12secs into this video he reckons that he's never even met Pearson yet. Weird that. 

Wiemann in a 4-4-2.

Bodes well.  

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

Wiemann in a 4-4-2.

Bodes well.  

40 minutes ago, curtains said:

Stop being dramatic .

Can you point me to any kind of interview, article that categorically states that Pearson will be playing a 4-4-2 next season?

Just now, David said:

Can you point me to any kind of interview, article that categorically states that Pearson will be playing a 4-4-2 next season?

No but he will IMO. 

Thats the system he likes. 

Maybe he will change his philosophy I don't know. 

B4 started this thread and he may be a bit quick off the mark .

But snooze and you lose. 

7 minutes ago, David said:

It's weird because some seem to think 4-4-2 is our new nailed on formation, the only way that could have been decided is by working with the squad yet some haven't even met Pearson yet, we still have players that haven't even returned to training yet! or that people are going on that he's used it before which means diddly squat. How many formations did we go through under Clough and Clement?

Oh sorry, misunderstood the post. 

4 minutes ago, David said:

Exactly!

Clement tried to change Derbys playing style form our 4-3-3 system we use with Martin as the pinnacle up top and he failed and reverted back to type. 

Pearson and Powell need to assess the squad and that's my point it takes time. 

Hopefully they will be successful but constantly changing managers is not a good idea although I'm happy with the pair. 

The players shouldn't get complacent or expect an easy ride from now on .

Changes will be made like it or not.  

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Clement tried to change Derbys playing style form our 4-3-3 system we use with Martin as the pinnacle up top and he failed and reverted back to type. 

Hopefully they will be successful but constantly changing managers is not a good idea although I'm happy with the pair. 

The players shouldn't get complacent or expect an easy ride from now on .

Changes will be made like it or not.  

What makes you think there will be changes? In the original press interview it was stated that it's a case of tweaks at most. 

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

So you can understand why we're not in a rush to make signings then surely?

Yes it would be nice to go into a pre season with a manager that has already had a season with the squad, knows what he likes, knows what he needs but we are where we are. Hopefully this time next year Rodney....

Just now, RamLad1884 said:

What makes you think there will be changes? In the original press interview it was stated that it's a case of tweaks at most. 

Circumstances with FFP etc will mean just tweaks. 

Wheel and deal is the only other option but you have to find clubs to buy our players we don't want first. 

Players sitting on contracts won't move on. 

Reality is Pearson will have to work with what he has .

Hope he is successful 

6 minutes ago, David said:

So you can understand why we're not in a rush to make signings then surely?

Yes it would be nice to go into a pre season with a manager that has already had a season with the squad, knows what he likes, knows what he needs but we are where we are. Hopefully this time next year Rodney....

I fully understand that sacking Clement meant we were back to square one again and I didn't agree with it .

Wassall didn't get the job so now we have Pearson. 

I just don't hold out the optimism that others do with this squad but look forward to being totally wrong .

Tweaking with the squad due to  FFP  rules IMO is the only option now  

PS We have good players in the squad but seem to lack the mental strengh and squad blend. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Circumstances with FFP etc will mean just tweaks. 

Wheel and deal is the only other option but you have to find clubs to buy our players we don't want first. 

Players sitting on contracts won't move on. 

Reality is Pearson will have to work with what he has .

Hope he is successful 

So looking at the current squad who's sitting on their contract? Shotton is gone, albentosa likely to go. Leaving baird/Pearce/bucko who all on low contracts. Fully expect camara/weimann and blackman to be given a chance this year. On that basis maybe 1 or 2 decent backups for defence?

27 minutes ago, curtains said:

What system did Pearson play at Leicester .

Have we got the players up front to play 4-4-2 (?)

So is this another experiment with  pre season friendlies  again with our current crop of players just like under Clement to find our best system. 

Brian Clough bought players to suit the system he wanted to play .

He bought players to fit his system I suspect Pearson needs players to fit his playing style not change his system to suit the players we have. 

4-3-3 is Derbys current best formation with Chris Martin up top .

Just off the top of my head - 

--------------------------------------Carson

Christie----------Keogh-----------------------Shackell---------Forsyth

Ince--------------Hughes----------------------Hendrick--------Camara/Johnson

-------------------Martin------------------------Russell/Weiiman

Providing the players within that formation know their roles that side could give anybody in this division a game.

If you can't experiment in pre season games, when can you???

I'm not saying I don't want us to sign anybody but to start a thread, pissing & moaning about the fact we haven't after ONE day of pre season training is a little daft to say the least...

19 minutes ago, curtains said:

No but he will IMO. 

Thats the system he likes. 

Maybe he will change his philosophy I don't know. 

B4 started this thread and he may be a bit quick off the mark .

But snooze and you lose. 

Didn't Leicester's barnstorming form that kept them up begin when Big Nige switched to 3 at the back???

2 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Just off the top of my head - 

--------------------------------------Carson

Christie----------Keogh-----------------------Shackell---------Forsyth

Ince--------------Hughes----------------------Hendrick--------Camara/Johnson

-------------------Martin------------------------Russell/Weiiman

Providing the players within that formation know their roles that side could give anybody in this division a game.

If you can't experiment in pre season games, when can you???

I'm not saying I don't want us to sign anybody but to start a thread, pissing & moaning about the fact we haven't after ONE day of pre season training is a little daft to say the least...

Martin in a 4-4-2 with Russell/Wiemann 

Does that work. 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

I just don't hold out the optimism that others do with this squad but look forward to being totally wrong .

We did reach the play offs, one better performance at home and we would have been at Wembley again one game away from promotion. Fine margins, we have a squad good enough, just not consistent enough but that can change with new staff. No guarantees signings will actually make us stronger either

Archived