Squad Numbers Thread 2016!! Brought to you by bordeom

Duracell

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Was 11 at Blackpool

Was 36 at Blackpool before getting 11, 23 at Hull, 11 at Crystal Palace, 19 at Forest.

So he's been 23 in two places and 11 at two others.

You'd argue one of those 11s (Blackpool) he had options to choose from, as well as one of the 23s (Hull).

So maybe 7 isn't so likely after all. I'd like him to be our 7 though. I don't numbers like 7 being wasted on players who aren't majority starters. 

21 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Dying with anticipation here, imagining the uproar when Alex Pearce gets both the number 5 and the captaincy is keeping me going.

Rate Thorne at 34 and Hughes at 19, not a fan of players who have a great season with one number and then change to a more commercial number the next. Disappointed Bent didn't stick with 39 and ultimately he paid the price for it.

Although, I'd back Ince to take 7 and Shackell 5. 14 and 23 are a bit bland. If Weimann or Blackman have any sense they'd go for the 14, which looks good on a striker.

Wonder if Zanzala or Elsnik will get fancy new numbers?

I've spent a good 10 minutes of my life writing this post about squad numbers and it's not even that tongue in cheek, it's mainly serious.

If I recall 23 is seen as iconic because it's what Michael Jordan used to wear and, because of that, David Beckham took it up at Real Madrid. I'd say Ince is bound to keep it.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/derby-countys-201617-squad-numbers-confirmed-3225095.aspx

1 Scott Carson

2 Cyrus Christie

3 Craig Forsyth

4 Craig Bryson

5 Jason Shackell

6 Richard Keogh

7 Johnny Russell

8 Jeff Hendrick

9 Chris Martin

10 Tom Ince

11 Darren Bent

12 Chris Baird

15 Bradley Johnson

16 Alex Pearce

17 Lee Grant

18 Jacob Butterfield

19 Will Hughes

20 Abdoul Camara

21 Kelle Roos

22 Nick Blackman

24 Andreas Weimann

25 Max Lowe

26 Jamie Hanson

29 Marcus Olsson

34 George Thorne

35 Jonathan Mitchell

*Bold indicates changes..

3 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Is the 34 for Thorne an estimate of how long before he pulls up on his return....:ph34r:

or the number of stretchers he would require in his career. 

The guy has around 40 games to his name at the age of 24 this season. Shocking! Very talented, but made of glass.

11 minutes ago, Tombo said:

"Jason Shack, number 5

He played knick-knack on my wife"

That's all I've got so far. Good start though. I'll work on it.

"With a knick-knack paddy-whack

She give The Shack a bone

Her old man asleep at home"

24 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

or the number of stretchers he would require in his career. 

The guy has around 40 games to his name at the age of 24 this season. Shocking! Very talented, but made of glass.

In fairness to him, he had a long run of good fitness before the leg break and the break was not influenced by any previous injury records. Was just a poor challenge. Entirely bad luck.

Now that he has had a full leg break in addition to his other injuries however, he may NOW be made of glass. That's my concern.

Glad Ince is No.10 and Bent is No.11 - zero question that they are both in the mind to play centrally (obv Bent), and often.

Also Lowe moving into the 20s is exciting! 

EDIT: Bold Lowe @Animal is a Ram 

Archived