Best reason for a red card

rynny

Is this the greatest reason for sending a player off?

The full article is brilliant and we'll worth reading

http://gu.com/p/4mfa3/sfb

A Swedish footballer has hit out after being sent off for breaking wind during a match – with the referee accusing him of “deliberate provocation” and “unsportsmanlike behaviour”.

Adam Lindin Ljungkvist, who was playing at left-back in the match between Järna SK’s reserve team and Pershagen SK, was shown a second yellow card late on in what local media called “bizarre circumstances”.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's this bit in particular that gets me:

"I don’t get it but maybe he thought I farted in my hand and threw the fart at him. But I did not.”

Well if I had a pound for every time I'd thought someone had farted in their hand and thrown it at me.....what?!? Am I that out of touch?. Is that a thing now?.

1 hour ago, MB (Wolfie) said:

"I don’t get it but maybe he thought I farted in my hand and threw the fart at him. But I did not.”

Well if I had a pound for every time I'd thought someone had farted in their hand and thrown it at me.....what?!? Am I that out of touch?. Is that a thing now?.

A thing?

It's an intangible diffuse projectile.

Former England midfielder David Plaff today condemned the referee for his decision to send Ljungkvist off for his on field flatulence, "Quite frankly it leaves a bad taste, some on my finest guffs slipped out on the pitch, just after I got the winner against Belgium in the 1990 World Cup, one slipped out, what can you do"?

Bournemouth shot stopper Fartur Boruc was unavailable for comment. 

16 hours ago, MB (Wolfie) said:

You haven't lived!

Cup your hand over the hole, the sound is great by the way, quickly close your grip, turn to the missus and....Hadouken!!!

image.png

In one of our village games a player got sent off for laughing.

The referee gave an indirect free kick which was touched to our player, who then scored.

The ref said the wall had encroached and disallowed the goal. Our player was incredulous and just laughed.

He then scored following the retake and the referee said he wasn't ready. 

At that point our player fell to the floor beating the ground with laughter and was sent off for 'not taking the game seriously'.

If players start getting sent off for this kind of stuff the game will a wind of change...

I'm ashamed of myself...

33 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

If players start getting sent off for this kind of stuff the game will a wind of change...

I'm ashamed of myself...

You should be, i smelled that all the way over here

Archived