16/17 Home Kt Released

OohMartWright

16/17 Home Kit  

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Shang said:

10 hours ago, admira said:

Me neither on first glimpse

10 hours ago, rhysbeck said:

hmm not too sure about the home one. Hoping for another creative third kit, I loved the blue from this past season though so I suppose it'll be hard to top that!

Thank gawd for first three comments.

I'm not impressed at all TBH and all the feedback I'd seen on FB had left me one-out as the dissenter. 

There's always a limit to what can be done with white, let's be honest, but this season's home kit was an example where a few touches of flair can make a huge difference. Just a few more strategic dollops of black and this could have been quite striking. (I have surrendered on bringing back the pinstripes for a season.)

But I have never been, and never will be, a fan of the collar (especially plain white) and buttons. While I always prefer predominantly black socks, I must admit my initial reaction to those white socks was that it was a pleasant change.

Suffice to say, a 2016-7 home kit will not be making its way to Australia for me this year.

I hope the away and third kits are as good as this season's. The home kit isn't in my view.

2 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I really like the shirt and would buy one if they got rid of Just Eat.

I visit LDCs (less developed countries) on Aid projects and used to take a few Rams shirts but Just Eat is not really appropriate for some of the countries I go to!

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

Hmm, hundreds of thousands from just eat, vs 50 quid from ossieram. I think you'll lose out on that one, mate. 

I wouldn't mind the sponsor if I wasn't a fat git but I just don't want to give anybody the opportunity to shout, It's a sponsor not an instruction.

46 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I wouldn't mind the sponsor if I wasn't a fat git but I just don't want to give anybody the opportunity to shout, It's a sponsor not an instruction.

Had it from a few lads at football training the other day, told that I asked for a just ate but they said no. Left them with nothing to come back with ?

4 hours ago, ossieram said:

I really like the shirt and would buy one if they got rid of Just Eat.

And why exactly would they do that...? They have paid a poop load of money to have their name on the shirt and have every right to have it as big and as red as they like. If we don't want it, then don't take the money but we can't complain about it on one hand and then cheer on the players who are paid with that money. 

13 hours ago, Shang said:

Quickly inverted the sleeves on photoshop. Short sleeves work but not long sleeves.

4IpU6Sj.png

I wish only to respectfully request you send this to Umbro immediately.

Who knows, when they see this, it may not be too late to inverse the sleeve colouring...or whatever it was you said you did.

That change alone turns what I regard as an underwhelming, fairly nondescript kit (a 'me-no-buy' in other words) into a striking kit (a 'just take my flipping money' kit).

Seriously. Love it.

And I love it in both the long and short sleeves.

3 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

To be honest if I see it on a large lady I think, yes you do!

if I see it on a hot lady, I think, yes I'd love to!

sorry couldn't resist

I am a tad overweight bloke and I enjoy the reactions to my 'party trick' of leaning in such a way that the lower horizontal line of the "E" is obscured.

I know that some dislike having a red sponsors' logo (as if we have never had red-logoed sponsors before) and that objection is so silly, you can't argue any further with it.

But what is the issue so many seem to have with Just Eat (they're called Eat Now in Australia I believe)? How is it any more inherently embarrassing than BuyMobiles.net? Or a piddly little credit union like Derbyshire Building Society?

Archived