Craig Forsyth

BuckoBeast

11 minutes ago, rynny said:

I genuinely believe he has been by far our best LB since Chris Powell, until Olsson was signed at least, but I would still have Fozzy ahead of him. Just feel more secure defensively with him. Olsson has a bit of a habit of diving in to challenges when he shouldn't. I think all fans do it with their own players. We think a player is either good enough or not good enough then go to extremes to to give reasoning for it.

Isn't an upgrade something better? Otherwise it would be a downgrade?

I'm far from convinced by Olsson either. I'm unsure whether either are good enough to see us promoted. Happy to be proven wrong though. Full back, winger and striker is where we need to improve.

Little between them. Irrelevant now anyway, one's gone and the others still injured.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, nottingram said:

Defensively I'd agree but I find it odd that you can say it's complete rubbish that the team was unbalanced with him in. He couldn't get forward enough for what we needed at the time. Decent player but not what we needed.

There are different ways to play full back, and whilst Warnock wasn't able to overlap (or underlap) the winger he provided support from a deeper position... Warnock got 2 assists this season in 19 games... Olsson got 1 and a goal in 18 games... Fozzy got 1 assist in 10 games... That suggests a player who supports the attack pretty okay to me...

To reiterate though... I think Fozzy and Olsson are better... But Warnock was nowhere near being dreadful...

26 minutes ago, Joel said:

All fair points but you could flip that and say that he's failed in all of those seasons too.

Admittedly, that's very harsh and of course he isn't solely to blame but for the two full seasons that he's had whilst we've challenged we have fallen short on both occasions.

Yeah, that's a fair but harsh argument. Also if you were to apply it, we should sell Martin, Keogh, Hughes, Bryson, Hendrick, Russell and Thorne too.

6 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

There are different ways to play full back, and whilst Warnock wasn't able to overlap (or underlap) the winger he provided support from a deeper position... Warnock got 2 assists this season in 19 games... Olsson got 1 and a goal in 18 games... Fozzy got 1 assist in 10 games... That suggests a player who supports the attack pretty okay to me...

To reiterate though... I think Fozzy and Olsson are better... But Warnock was nowhere near being dreadful...

It feels a bit like you're agreeing with me whilst trying to disagree with me ;)

I rate Warnock but he wasn't suited to us because he wasn't mobile enough and therefore wasn't an upgrade. He may have got assists and was at least capable going forward but he tended to cross from deep which wasn't really suited to our game.

3 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Yeah, that's a fair but harsh argument. Also if you were to apply it, we should sell Martin, Keogh, Hughes, Bryson, Hendrick, Russell and Thorne too.

Well I guess it depends how you see the last few seasons. Circumstances each time so it'll take a few tweaks or three failures so complete overhaul.

1 hour ago, singaporeram said:

With Forsyth, Olson and Lowe on the books - makes sense that someone goes (if only on loan) - what's the point of having a great crop of Under 21s if there's no route to the first team available in a bloated squad. 

As 2 or the 3 are returning from long term injuries I would imagine if we do want to sell or loan one it will be a decision made towards the end of the transfer window.

All of Olsson's faults were exposed in the home play-off against Hull.

If other teams are able to exploit his weaknesses so efficiently then we may have have a problem. As with many of the faults in our team they are only exposed against certain opposition, so the same goes for a number of the players. Overall I don't think Forsyth has as much to exploit as Olsson does. Olsson's goal against Forest has bought him a bit of a reprieve amongst a lot of supporters.

13 hours ago, Coconut said:

All of Olsson's faults were exposed in the home play-off against Hull.

If other teams are able to exploit his weaknesses so efficiently then we may have have a problem. As with many of the faults in our team they are only exposed against certain opposition, so the same goes for a number of the players. Overall I don't think Forsyth has as much to exploit as Olsson does. Olsson's goal against Forest has bought him a bit of a reprieve amongst a lot of supporters.

You're right... His main problem is that when the whole team plays so utterly direly dreadful... He also looks rubbish... 

Oddly though... When we played really well against Hull in the home game during the main season and the away leg in the playoffs he played really well... As did the rest of the side... Weird how these things work isn't it...

I's be disappointed if we let Forsyth go unless it were to balance the books. A tall full, mobile full back is useful at this level as is having two decent left full backs. If anything we could do with another right back and a decent striker.

• 1 month later...

Daily Mail saying Blackburn have bid £500k and we want "closer to £1m".

Absolute codswallop. Call it £5m and I'll listen, any lower and there's no point calling up.

If we can't buy a replacement for the money and make profit what's the point. Garbage journalism.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3711746/Blackburn-Rovers-bid-500-000-Derby-County-left-Craig-Forsyth.html

5 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Daily Mail saying Blackburn have bid £500k and we want "closer to £1m".

Absolute codswallop. Call it £5m and I'll listen, any lower and there's no point calling up.

If we can't buy a replacement for the money and make profit what's the point. Garbage journalism.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3711746/Blackburn-Rovers-bid-500-000-Derby-County-left-Craig-Forsyth.html

Hopefully this isn't true. I'd rather we gave them olsson back!

We have to accept that some key players will be sold (not for that money) and that Pearson will bring in players that he thinks are better at delivering his style of football. Every player is available at the right money and that will never change.

26 minutes ago, Rampage said:

We have to accept that some key players will be sold (not for that money) and that Pearson will bring in players that he thinks are better at delivering his style of football. Every player is available at the right money and that will never change.

I think we all accept that, but even at £1m, that'd be a joke in this market.

Not that I believe it at all.

I think we definitely missed Craig last year. The importance of good  full-backs is often underestimated.

Where Craig scores over Olssen (and even Christie) is his aerial strength. 

When a ball is crossed to the far post, it's usually your full-back who needs to be strong.

We conceded a few like that last year. 

I hope we don't sell as I think the two we have at LB will give us good options.

Archived