Craig Forsyth

BuckoBeast

I prefer Olsson for games we are expected to win and therefore, attack more as he is a little more agile, faster and a more comfortable attacking threat, whereas, Forsyth offers more aerial and defensive abilities IMO which is more beneficial on the road to Newcastle.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Casio said:

I prefer Olsson for games we are expected to win and therefore, attack more as he is a little more agile, faster and a more comfortable attacking threat, whereas, Forsyth offers more aerial and defensive abilities IMO which is more beneficial on the road to Newcastle.

Fozzy is way better going forward than Olsson, his low crossing is immense. He was a left winger originally... I'd rather have Olsson against someone like Newcastle, more agile and quick.

25 minutes ago, Gandalf's shin pads said:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this already but how long does Fozzy have left on his contract? 

To be fair, even if it's only a year, £500 seems a little light in the current market...

£500 will soon be the price of a season ticket. So yes very cheap for a player of his quality.

5 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Fozzy is way better going forward than Olsson, his low crossing is immense. He was a left winger originally... I'd rather have Olsson against someone like Newcastle, more agile and quick.

Not sure I agree that Forsyth is the better one going forward. For me he's comfortably ahead on defence, but his wastage of good crossing positions is infuriating. (The only decent cross that springs to mind was the one he put in for one of Russell's goals in the 5-0 against Wolves - even then I'm not sure it was intended for him!) In contrast, Olsson's crosses are better than average and should have led to more goals last season if we'd bothered attacking them. If either of the pair could make a big gain in the other's area of strength, surely they'd hold down the position...? Although I agree sometimes it might be a case of horses for courses.

Just now, jameso said:

Not sure I agree that Forsyth is the better one going forward. For me he's comfortably ahead on defence, but his wastage of good crossing positions is infuriating. (The only decent cross that springs to mind was the one he put in for one of Russell's goals in the 5-0 against Wolves - even then I'm not sure it was intended for him!) In contrast, Olsson's crosses are better than average and should have led to more goals last season if we'd bothered attacking them. If either of the pair could make a big gain in the other's area of strength, surely they'd hold down the position...? Although I agree sometimes it might be a case of horses for courses.

We're blessed that they are both really high level for the championship, both rarely get beat and both handy going forward. Not sure either would be happy on the bench mind.

12 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

So was Olsson...

1 minute ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Olsson must have been the worst winger ever because he's usually clueless in the final third. I said usually before someone links his goal. 

Or his assist :p 

I think he's better in that regard when he's overlapping (which means he has space). He's got a good cross. Still prefer Forsyth myself. 

7 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Olsson must have been the worst winger ever because he's usually clueless in the final third. I said usually before someone links his goal. 

Wasn't going to bother but you asked so nicely :thumbsup: But this was from time played even further up than winger!

I remember another great goal to bottom corner too...

27 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Wasn't going to bother but you asked so nicely :thumbsup: But this was from time played even further up than winger!

I remember another great goal to bottom corner too...

Scored 2 goals all his career in England and one was here. 2 in around 120 games?

Archived