Jonathan Kodjia - Signed for Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, McLovin said:

This. Also people keep talking about Martin's hold up play but this has been non existent since McClaren's first season. I don't mind him chewing gum but at least try and make things happen rather than moaning at your teammates. It's clearly a hindering his game because he isn't trying to win flick ons anymore like he was previously. 

Also I noticed in the burton game, when the ball was played to his feet, 90% the defender was right on him and giving him a nudge as he received the ball (nothing wrong with that) and he couldn't trap it, it was bouncing 5 yards from his first touch!!, he just isn't showing any kind of strength in holding the ball this season.

I really don't like calling him out because he's been great for us, but him and a lot of others (barring the back 4), just look uninterested this season to me.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

This. Also people keep talking about Martin's hold up play but this has been non existent since McClaren's first season. I don't mind him chewing gum but at least try and make things happen rather than moaning at your teammates. It's clearly a hindering his game because he isn't trying to win flick ons anymore like he was previously

Best chance we had against Villa was when Ince went through 1 on 1 with the keeper from Martin's flick on. Also what would be the point of flicking the ball on? At the minute if he flicks it on the ball is either going to the other cb or their gk, he is very rarely getting anyone close enough to him to flick it on. You have the 2 wide men that are on the touch line and the cm is in our half, who should he flick it on to?

8 hours ago, 86 points said:

At £8-9 million, Kodija could be worth a punt but much as I'd like to see him here, £14m seems a lot.  If, as the wee fella who manages City claims, their valuation has not been met even at that price, then maybe we should be looking elsewhere.

We could potentially pick up Wells, Gunnarsson AND Andre Wisdom for the same sort of money. 

Good point. I like the look of him but 14 million? Not sure how much Wells would cost?

11 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Good point. I like the look of him but 14 million? Not sure how much Wells would cost?

It's not our money !! Why are we hung up on that side, Aston Villa are just about to spend £20m on one player I happy if we buy 4 for £70 m and go up !! 

1 minute ago, Andrew James said:

It's not our money !! Why are we hung up on that side, Aston Villa are just about to spend £20m on one player I happy if we buy 4 for £70 m and go up !! 

No but it is our club. There are rules now on what you can spend. The club could end up in a real mess. There needs to be a bit of common sense. Throwing money at a problem isn't always the answer!!!

39 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

No but it is our club. There are rules now on what you can spend. The club could end up in a real mess. There needs to be a bit of common sense. Throwing money at a problem isn't always the answer!!!

No it's Mels club we are supporters. Yes their are fair play rules which I think just re-strict buying. So we won't be in a real mess and people can still go to work. Mels money and let him enjoy his indulgence with our support. 

7 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

No it's Mels club we are supporters. Yes their are fair play rules which I think just re-strict buying. So we won't be in a real mess and people can still go to work. Mels money and let him enjoy his indulgence with our support. 

No it is our club, I have followed this club across the country putting a lot of time and resources in to it, it is not just about money. Look what happened to Portsmouth when they spent spent spent.....

1 hour ago, rynny said:

Best chance we had against Villa was when Ince went through 1 on 1 with the keeper from Martin's flick on. Also what would be the point of flicking the ball on? At the minute if he flicks it on the ball is either going to the other cb or their gk, he is very rarely getting anyone close enough to him to flick it on. You have the 2 wide men that are on the touch line and the cm is in our half, who should he flick it on to?

Stop talking sense. It is not fit for this forum!

I just can't understand how we found Razza but missed this guy. We were apparently looking at Camara for up to a year before signing him. Whoever is scouting players obviously didn't consider him good enough for £2mil but now he's good enough for up to £14mil...

If we are willing to spend 14 million on a player who has only done it in one season (If reports are true) why didn't we go all out for McCormack who is proven over a number of years or even Jordan Rhodes who seems available for cheaper?

Imo Martin is passed his best for us. He quite clearly isn't going to get any better. A fresh start for both parties maybe best. Martin hasn't scored for 14 matches and hasn't scored a goal from open play since October. That's shocking for our main striker and for one of the so called best forwards in the league. If Bent had a similar goalscoring drought, people would be calling for him to be released. Pearson doesn't rate Martin either, which is why we are being linked with a lot of forwards.

Meant to have posted this in the Martin thread, apologies 

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Imo Martin is passed his best for us. He quite clearly isn't going to get any better. A fresh start for both parties maybe best. Martin hasn't scored for 14 matches and hasn't scored a goal from open play since October. That's shocking for our main striker and for one of the so called best forwards in the league. If Bent had a similar goalscoring drought, people would be calling for him to be released. Pearson doesn't rate Martin either, which is why we are being linked with a lot of forwards.

Meant to have posted this in the Martin thread, apologies 

Martin has 17 goals in 63 league games. Before that he had 37 in 56. Potentially it is time for him to move on. 

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Fair enough but not everybody rates Pearson either, time will tell - so far the football and game tactics have been embarrassing 

5 minutes ago, Ramos said:

If we are willing to spend 14 million on a player who has only done it in one season (If reports are true) why didn't we go all out for McCormack who is proven over a number of years or even Jordan Rhodes who seems available for cheaper?

I think I saw the Middlesbro Manager on SKY saying Rhodes isn't for sale and he wants him to fight for his place....

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

I think I saw the Middlesbro Manager on SKY saying Rhodes isn't for sale and he wants him to fight for his place....

Fair enough, I based my comment on some reports I read yesterday. Hopefully someone disproves my point about McCormack so my comment can truly be wasted haha

Archived