Jonathan Kodjia - Signed for Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

2 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Fair enough, I based my comment on some reports I read yesterday. Hopefully someone disproves my point about McCormack so my comment can truly be wasted haha

Rhodes was bought to guarantee Borosilicate promotion . He's now served his purpose and is available.

That from a Wednesday mate of mine .

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Adomah worth a shout from Boro? Not in their 18? The sort of player we need?

Only a year on his contract aswell 

1 minute ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Nicholson says we're out of the running for Kodjia and have yet to receive an approach for Martin. Do I believe him? Not one bit

I would, he is never the first to say things and only says things that are 100% if not a little after the event

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Imo Martin is passed his best for us. He quite clearly isn't going to get any better. A fresh start for both parties maybe best. Martin hasn't scored for 14 matches and hasn't scored a goal from open play since October. That's shocking for our main striker and for one of the so called best forwards in the league. If Bent had a similar goalscoring drought, people would be calling for him to be released. Pearson doesn't rate Martin either, which is why we are being linked with a lot of forwards.

Meant to have posted this in the Martin thread, apologies 

They go making things up again. Wish you would stop making it so easy for me now.

8 minutes ago, rynny said:

They go making things up again. Wish you would stop making it so easy for me now.

And others users let us know, he scored against Brentford too from open play. 2 goals from open play since October is still terrible nevertheless and 0 goals in 14 games is shocking too. It doesn't matter what any of us think because Pearson quite simply does not rate Martin. Martin is useful in 4-3-3 but any other formation and he struggles. Norwich fans said the same thing. They said Martin played well for a few years then lost his motivation and was a passenger at the end for them. Martin has been a vey good servent for us. The key word being has. 

Just now, McLovin said:

And others users let us know, he scored against Brentford too from open play. 2 goals from open play since October is still terrible nevertheless and 0 goals in 14 games is shocking too. It doesn't matter what any of us think because Pearson quite simply does not rate Martin. Martin is useful in 4-3-3 but any other formation and he struggles. Norwich fans said the same thing. They said Martin played well for a few years then lost his motivation and was a passenger at the end for them. Martin has been a vey good servent for us. The key word being has. 

He played in a 4-4-2 at Norwich. 

Just now, TheDeadlySaul said:

He played in a 4-4-2 at Norwich. 

In an inferior league with completely different players and a different varient of 4-4-2. Appreciate what he has done in the past but if he goes I won't be shedding too many tears because it's a new beginning under Pearson.

6 hours ago, Whoneedshuls said:

Really ? All I see him do all game is moan to the officials when things aren't going his way rather than getting up and getting on with it.

Martin is the furthest away from a leader as you can get imo

A leader needs to be fearless and have the respect of his team mates, Martin falling on his backside 56 times in a match when barely touched would rub me up the wrong way as a team mate, esp when the ref knows he's a faker and gives the free kicks the other way. 

Keogh isn't a leader either, because all he does is rant and scream at his team mates when something goes wrong.

the one player who we have in our squad is a true leader of men.... THORNE... And he's bloody injured 95% of the time. 

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

So when he played upfront with Grant Holt for Norwich what formation was that? He did quite well for Palace just off a main striker, scored a cracking goal against us. Martin lost his way at Norwich when he got injured for nearly a season and struggled to get back into the team when they were playing 1 up top in the prem, he was sent out on loan and again to Swindon then we signed him. If everything a player is out of form should we just bin them at the first opportunity? Where will the consistency come then?

I will be sad to see him go as he's the first proper striker we've had for years but it just isnt working anymore and I think both Derby and Martin need a different challenge. At the end of the day like the last poster said Pearson is the man and if he doest think Martin's upto it we're better of cashing in and moving on. 

I will clap him everytime he comes back tho,  been good for us,  just not quite good enough :)

Just now, rynny said:

So when he played upfront with Grant Holt for Norwich what formation was that? He did quite well for Palace just off a main striker, scored a cracking goal against us. Martin lost his way at Norwich when he got injured for nearly a season and struggled to get back into the team when they were playing 1 up top in the prem, he was sent out on loan and again to Swindon then we signed him. If everything a player is out of form should we just bin them at the first opportunity? Where will the consistency come then?

It's not a case of being out of form is it though? It's been too long a period for it to be considered a case of poor form. Norwich fans said he was a passenger when he lost motivation which is a similar case now. Under Mac he was involved in everything but that system suited him down to the ground. This season he has been rarely involved in the attacking play. It doesn't matter what we think because Pearson doesn't think Martin is capable of playing his version of 4-4-2 successfully. The game against Burton was probably the last straw for him. Again this isn't an agenda against Martin, I appreciate what he has done in the past but a fresh start may be better for all parties.

Archived