Jonathan Kodjia - Signed for Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, McLovin said:

It's not a case of being out of form is it though? It's been too long a period for it to be considered a case of poor form. Norwich fans said he was a passenger when he lost motivation which is a similar case now. Under Mac he was involved in everything but that system suited him down to the ground. This season he has been rarely involved in the attacking play. It doesn't matter what we think because Pearson doesn't think Martin is capable of playing his version of 4-4-2 successfully. The game against Burton was probably the last straw for him. Again this isn't an agenda against Martin, I appreciate what he has done in the past but a fresh start may be better for all parties.

Find me Norwich fans saying this, because you are just speaking for them right now. 

1 minute ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Watford sold Vydra, what is your point?

You were stating that Norwich played Martin in 4 4 2 

However as they got higher up he played less and then ultimately they discarded him for nothing.

Was just a counter to your point that's all old lad. :)

4 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Find me Norwich fans saying this, because you are just speaking for them right now. 

I have a few mates who live in Norwich from my uni days and that's what they told me but you would accuse me of lying again so we have to use another source.I don't like using tw*tter as an example but it's all we have to go on for the sake of this argument. A simple Twitter search will show you they didn't rate him too highly at the end of his spell there on or off the field, with his antics in the pubs and clubs

Just now, TheDeadlySaul said:

He also scored goals in a 4-4-2 with Palace. 

He may have scored goals but not at a rapid rate there. Pearson doesn't think Martin is suitable for his varient of 4-4-2. That's all that matters as he is the boss. He sees Martin day in,day out in training. He would know if Martin can play it or not

Just now, McLovin said:

He may have scored goals but not at a rapid rate there. Pearson doesn't think Martin is suitable for his varient of 4-4-2. That's all that matters as he is the boss. He sees Martin day in,day out in training. He would know if Martin can play it or not

So you know Pearson personally now?

14 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

And scored hatful goals. 

In league 1 for one season. Love Martin but think 433 was ideal for him, that doesn't seem to be an option anymore so perhaps best to move on. 

Martin been that good a player for us I think I'd rather see him move on that sit on the bench and not play or play and struggle in a formation/tactics that don't suit him at all.

I love Martin. Great servant but it is quite clear his time is up. Too often over the last year he has gone missing when we needed him the most. 

Pearson is the right man for the job because he can see this and he does not have his head buried in the sand...like some. 

He he is also happy to reconstruct a midfield which on paper should walk the league ... We haven't walked the league for the last 4 seasons they have been playing together!! 

25 minutes ago, McLovin said:

It's not a case of being out of form is it though? It's been too long a period for it to be considered a case of poor form. Norwich fans said he was a passenger when he lost motivation which is a similar case now. Under Mac he was involved in everything but that system suited him down to the ground. This season he has been rarely involved in the attacking play. It doesn't matter what we think because Pearson doesn't think Martin is capable of playing his version of 4-4-2 successfully. The game against Burton was probably the last straw for him. Again this isn't an agenda against Martin, I appreciate what he has done in the past but a fresh start may be better for all parties.

Last season he was involved in almost half of our goals, 25 out of 66 were either scored or set up by Martin. Every team plays to the strengths of their strikers and it shouldn't be seen as a negative against him. He has rarely been involved but no forward has, Bent, Blackman, Wilson, Russell and Ince (probably had our best chances so far). Nothing. And that isn't all down to the strikers that is down to having the midfield so deep. The whole team is struggling. 

33 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Mackworth Ram is more ITK than either of us and has stated on multiple occasions that Pearson doesn't rate Martin. We are both bullish, agree to disagree on this argument!

I haven't seen those posts?

Archived