Pre season

BuckoBeast

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Does anybody have any idea of roughly when the first friendly will be? And when will the pre season friendly list be announced? Must be sometime soon 

No. 

2 minutes ago, davenportram said:

now Burton are in the dame division will we still play them? And if we do will it be a must win match?:ph34r:

Maybe we ought to play for the Nigel Clough Trophy

:ph34r:

3 minutes ago, davenportram said:

now Burton are in the dame division will we still play them? And if we do will it be a must win match?:ph34r:

The dame division? Is that ladies football?

6 minutes ago, davenportram said:

I know you're joking Dav, but some fans seriously get stressed over pre season results. I could never understand that mentality mesen but each to his own i spose.

6 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I know you're joking Dav, but some fans seriously get stressed over pre season results. I could never understand that mentality mesen but each to his own i spose.

Dead right. Pre season, especially when you have a new bloke in charge is all about getting to know the players, building fitness and seeing what sort of system works best with the players you've got. You can watch all the videos of previous games all you want, but getting out and working with the players is the best way to learn about them.  

The Sheff Utd game is at Bramall Lane, 19:45 on Wednesday 27th July. The season starts on the weekend of the 6th August so it would possibly leave room for the usual bigger team at home on the Saturday before the season.

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

The Sheff Utd game is at Bramall Lane, 19:45 on Wednesday 27th July. The season starts on the weekend of the 6th August so it would possibly leave room for the usual bigger team at home on the Saturday before the season.

The home game used to be like 5 days before the season started though didn't it? I remember they used to be on my birthday (29th July) quite regularly.

Archived