Steve Bruce

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

For the love of god no. Hull fans campaigning for him to sacked year on year. Awful manager, poor football. The worst of any names suggested. Even Wassall has potential to be much better than Bruce pretty quickly.

Tim Sherwood is the worst name suggested - by a proverbial mile.

Bruce has a number of promotions to his name & whilst he wouldn't be in my top 3 choices, we could do worse. A lot worse.

1 hour ago, Anon said:

I wouldn't mind if Wassall got the job, but you can't deny that the fanbase as a whole is currently overwhelmingly against it. I'm not quite sure what you've seen from Wassall's Derby that justifies delight at the appointment. My reaction would probably be amused ambivalence.

There were 2500 at Hull who applauded him very warmly, so I just don't know. A bunch of people on an internet forum or even a moan-in are hardly representative, because those with the strongest views one way or another are going to overwhelm the middle ground through noise alone.

I take delight in watching hypocrites squirm, and people getting their come-uppance.

The appointment of Wassall would get my 100% support, but the appointment of anyone else would get my 100% support too. That's what an awful lot of people don't get - they say they are fans, but they just are incapable of walking the walk. There are no half-measures to me. If you support the club, do it 100% (obviously crooks like JK notwithstanding)

9 minutes ago, eddie said:

There were 2500 at Hull who applauded him very warmly, so I just don't know. A bunch of people on an internet forum or even a moan-in are hardly representative, because those with the strongest views one way or another are going to overwhelm the middle ground through noise alone.

I take delight in watching hypocrites squirm, and people getting their come-uppance.

The appointment of Wassall would get my 100% support, but the appointment of anyone else would get my 100% support too. That's what an awful lot of people don't get - they say they are fans, but they just are incapable of walking the walk. There are no half-measures to me. If you support the club, do it 100% (obviously crooks like JK notwithstanding)

There were several thousand at Rotherham who called him every name under the sun, so let's not pretend it's just the stay at home moan in crew who aren't overly keen.

When and where is dissent allowed though? I get that people really ought to be supportive when in the stadium, but are we to suppress criticism on the radio and internet forums too?

4 minutes ago, Anon said:

There were several thousand at Rotherham who called him every name under the sun, so let's not pretend it's just the stay at home moan in crew who aren't overly keen.

When and where is dissent allowed though? I get that people really ought to be supportive when in the stadium, but are we to suppress criticism on the radio and internet forums too?

I only make my own rules. Some of you think that MY support is a matter for debate, or that level of support is somehow wrong.

Those who called him all the names under the sun at Rotherham are idiots, because they tried, judged, sentenced and executed the man based upon eight minutes.

You are still doing it.

3 minutes ago, eddie said:

I only make my own rules. Some of you think that MY support is a matter for debate, or that level of support is somehow wrong.

Those who called him all the names under the sun at Rotherham are idiots, because they tried, judged, sentenced and executed the man based upon eight minutes.

You are still doing it.

How am I still doing it? How do you know I ever did it? I'm telling you what I saw and heard on the day. You labelling the majority of supporters idiots won't make Wassall's transition to full time manager any easier, it won't improve the atmosphere in the stadium. This links back to the point I was making with my original post. If the club are set on appointing Wassall they need to do some serious PR work as it would obviously be an unpopular move. Opinions would change relatively quickly if we got off to a flyer, but that's a very big if.

To join Eddie's club you have to be a mindless fan who just follows what those in charge say. Not a club worth joining.

He claims he 'only makes his own rules' but that does not stop him trying to enforce them on others and belittling those who don't then subscribe.

"I take delight in watching hypocrites squirm, and people getting their come-uppance." - he needs to get over himself.

Its a no from me. Not only does he have the personality of a potato, he looks like one as well. Also After watching Hull this season, I would rather have Wassall with someone working with him.

Also If Bruce did come, I think it would be the beginning of the end for Tom Ince. 

From all the names mentioned, I hate to say it, But it's gotta be Pearson for me. 

Is this the same Good Authority that said Bradley Johnson would be out for the season, yet he gave us a playoff appearence and a bad pass leading to the first Hull goal?

Or the same authority which says the only AcAdemy player deemed fit to be near the first team by Wassall has already signed for Arsenal?

Wassall restored pride to Derby County but we need an experienced guy now who can solve the 'why did we cave in' problem? He needs to be ruthless with players who do not give it all for 95 mins or however long they are on the pitch. Pearson will have clearly identified these players after watching ten dvds of our games. He will give those players a new chance and if they do not respond then they will not play.

On 26 May 2016 at 06:58, Charlie George said:

Done deal 8 weeks ago according to ex DCFC director and club sponsor. Won't name him but check out a local journo's Facebook page.

This is funny. 

2 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

This is funny. 

Indeed. A few new usernames required over the next day or two.

PistoldPete2
On 26 May 2016 at 06:58, Charlie George said:

Done deal 8 weeks ago according to ex DCFC director and club sponsor. Won't name him but check out a local journo's Facebook page.

Undone deal 8 hours ago. 

Archived