Under 23s & Academy 16/17

SaintRam

12 hours ago, rhysbeck said:

This is a bit random but there was a Kosovo vs. Faroe Islands match today and a quick glance at various match reports shows a "A. Bunjaku" player scoring Kosovo's goal (game ended up 1-1 I think)

I know Alban Bunjaku has played for Kosovo in the past but I was just wondering if this was just some crazy name coincidence or is he back enjoying his football again? Couldn't find much info on the game but was curious nonetheless when I saw the name! At club level it seems he too like Calero has found decent playing time in the Dutch leagues

12 hours ago, eddie said:

Flash Scores are reporting it as Albert Bunjaku, who plays for a Swiss team.

Being reported on the BBC website as a 2-0 win for Kosovo

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36450031

And as Eddie says, Albert scored the goal and you can see how delighted he looked

woPWFVur.jpg

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ÍBV 1 KR 0.  ÍBV go top of the league with this win against a strong KR side.  Charles Vernam started but was largely invisible during the game and was substituted on 71 minutes and to make matters worse for him his substitute scored the winning goal. 

Charles has been given many chances to shine recently but could find himself on the subs bench in the coming games.  It's understandably tough for him to make the step up from playing with boys to competing with men and he will grow from it, but if he thought this would be a walk in the park for him he better think again and dig deep the next time he gets to play.

#  Team        P W D  L   F  A   D    P   Last 5 matches

1  ÍBV           7  4  1  2  10  6  +4  13  WWLWD

2  Breidablik  6   4  0  2   8  6  +2  12  WWLWW

3  Stjarnan    6   3  2  1  13  6  +7  11  LDDWW

Further update on the ÍBV vs KR game.  Vernam was picked out as the worst player on the pitch in a game his team won.  That's pretty damning.  Game report says his touch and passing was atrocious, yikes.  i've seen him play and twice have been mightily impressed with him and have faith that he can and will do better.  My advice to him, eat everything offered, especially Skyr, not touch the spirits and think of nothing but bettering his game.

23 minutes ago, ramit said:

Further update on the ÍBV vs KR game.  Vernam was picked out as the worst player on the pitch in a game his team won.  That's pretty damning.  Game report says his touch and passing was atrocious, yikes.  i've seen him play and twice have been mightily impressed with him and have faith that he can and will do better.  My advice to him, eat everything offered, especially Skyr, not touch the spirits and think of nothing but bettering his game.

My guess is that he hopefully just had one of "those" games where nothing seems to happen for the player and things just seem to snowball from there. Only helps one to train harder and better for the next game! He must've been doing alright until recently though since initially he was only coming off the bench but now starting more games?

Also Skyr is amazing and one of my favourite types of yoghurts, its very high in protein and a great addition to pre or post workout meals!

4 hours ago, rhysbeck said:

My guess is that he hopefully just had one of "those" games where nothing seems to happen for the player and things just seem to snowball from there. Only helps one to train harder and better for the next game! He must've been doing alright until recently though since initially he was only coming off the bench but now starting more games?

Also Skyr is amazing and one of my favourite types of yoghurts, its very high in protein and a great addition to pre or post workout meals!

Just got back from a "boys" night out and am full of tequila so am inclined to agree with you.  Tell me i'm an ostrich and throw skyr in my face and i will still agree with you.  Charles Vernam you can do it lad, but leave those island girls alone, they will suck the marrow right out of you.

22 hours ago, ramit said:

Just got back from a "boys" night out and am full of tequila so am inclined to agree with you.  Tell me i'm an ostrich and throw skyr in my face and i will still agree with you.  Charles Vernam you can do it lad, but leave those island girls alone, they will suck the marrow right out of you.

I wondered what skyr was.

11 hours ago, eddie said:

I wondered what skyr was.

That's the advert with the kid who runs around passing on phone messages, and then in present day he's an old man eating an entire bowl of feckin' yogurt, right?

Pretty sure it's really plain (and healthy) yogurt.

46 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

That's the advert with the kid who runs around passing on phone messages, and then in present day he's an old man eating an entire bowl of feckin' yogurt, right?

Pretty sure it's really plain (and healthy) yogurt.

It was the connection with island girls sucking the marrow out of you I was worried about.

:) great video

"giannmagno: On the way home from the cemetery we saw a group of boys playing football at the local sports complex. We couldn't help but ask to join in for just a few minutes, it's amazing and so good to see football becoming popular here in the Philippines and in my home city! The sport is a #universallanguage ??"

There's previously discussed Ayomide in the last group, former teammate of Fuseine Rashid in the first section. Both are very highly touted, not many other names have much info on them though as you might expect.

Archived