Under 23s & Academy 16/17

SaintRam

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, maydrakin said:

That was Vernam's last game for IBV.  He tweeted his thanks to everyone last night.

Presume it's so he's back for pre-season.

And so, i am abruptly out of a job

He will have grown from this experience, hope he has a fine season ahead of him

44 minutes ago, ramit said:

And so, i am abruptly out of a job

He will have grown from this experience, hope he has a fine season ahead of him

You have done a right good job, ramit, but we must move with a new Icelandic Correspondant. If Cameron can go gracefully, so must you.Time to write your memoirs mate. :thumbsup: 

ramit ramitsson...What a guy!

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Cat One status retained

One Cat is enough. :D

It means that U16s, U18s and U21s play against Premiership teams pretty much throughout the League. Brilliant competition for all our players.

Has anyone done the Academy Tour?

5 minutes ago, Rampage said:

It means that U16s, U18s and U21s play against Premiership teams pretty much throughout the League. Brilliant competition for all our players.

I haven't. I would, and I would probably enjoy it, if I could like walk around myself when it was empty. But people. Eh.

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

Going on Wednesday, half price. There will be people there (but no players.)

11 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Thanks angieram. You write very well. I look forward to your report.:thumbsup:

I was hoping you were going to say that you were booking a place. Would be good to meet the legendary Rampage. 

Unfortunately I think Luke Thomas has picked up a serious injury whilst over in Portugal. He posted a picture on snapchat of his leg in a brace and has just tweeted:

Unfortunate for the lad. He'd only just been promoted to the u21s after impressing the coaches.

1 hour ago, Cam the Ram said:

Unfortunately I think Luke Thomas has picked up a serious injury whilst over in Portugal. He posted a picture on snapchat of his leg in a brace and has just tweeted:

Unfortunate for the lad. He'd only just been promoted to the u21s after impressing the coaches.

He had a number of attempts at a reaction tweet, think this was his third? The first one contained the word "fuming" with angry emotes, he deleted them fairly quickly but it made me wonder if he's a bit miffed with whoever made the tackle. 

Could be a non-contact injury of course, and him being angry with himself (but then why delete them?). I don't think I'm being completely unreasonable by speculating based on the deleted tweets.

U18s playing Portimonense S.C. - having 30 minute "periods" (I assume this is to do with the heat?)

1-0 to Derby after first 30 minute period, Cresswell with the goal (who came on at the end of the Benfica game).

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

U18s playing Portimonense S.C. - having 30 minute "periods" (I assume this is to do with the heat?)

1-0 to Derby after first 30 minute period, Cresswell with the goal (who came on at the end of the Benfica game).

This is why I don't bother to try and predict who's going to be stepping out of the academy into the first team... Think we all would have put money on the likes of Calero and Kwame last year... Yet they got released... And some kid from the U-18s comes on in our first pre-season warm up game!

Not saying it's a sign that he's the next Hughes or anything but it's shows how difficult it is to predict who's going to make it out of the academy and into our first team...

14 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

This is why I don't bother to try and predict who's going to be stepping out of the academy into the first team... Think we all would have put money on the likes of Calero and Kwame last year... Yet they got released... And some kid from the U-18s comes on in our first pre-season warm up game!

Not saying it's a sign that he's the next Hughes or anything but it's shows how difficult it is to predict who's going to make it out of the academy and into our first team...

Truth.

Derby are 2-0 up. Jahvan Davidson-Miller with the goal. Cresswell with the assist.

Archived