Rebuild

Whitley ram

We need to replace Wassall before any rebuilding starts.

Let's get somebody in that knows the division, has had success in this division, somebody that can get the best out of the players.

We do have some quality players here, it's just they are not being managed correctly, we are not a team, we are currently a bunch of individuals.

This has to change!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CumbrianRam said:

Don't get why Rohan Ince is rated so much by Derby fans, can't get into Brighton team, struggled on loan at Fulham.

Played well against us, once, 3 seasons ago after coming on as a sub.

That's enough of a reason is it not?

2 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

Don't get why Rohan Ince is rated so much by Derby fans, can't get into Brighton team, struggled on loan at Fulham.

Thorne couldn't get in the west brom team, Martin couldn't get in the Norwich team at the end, Johnson couldn't get in the Norwich team, Ince couldn't get in the palace or hull team, butterfield couldn't get in the boro team, olsson wasn't playing much for blackburn towards the end. Ince is big and strong which is what we need when Thorne is injured

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Thought about something like this:

Goalkeepers: Scott Carson, Daniel Bentley(you may not have heard of him but he is a talented young keeper)

Right backs: Christie, Hanson(to fill in)

Centre backs: Keogh, Shackell, Rawson, Buxton

Left backs: Forsyth, Olsson

CDMS: Thorne, Rohan Ince/Chalobah/Kevin McDonald(any one of these 3 to be a backup for Thorne as all are big and strong which we need when Thorne isn't playing), Hanson

CMS: Hughes, Bryson, Johnson, Butterfield

Attackers: Tom Ince, Robson-Kanu(free agent), Callum o'dowda

Strikers: Ross Mccormack, Nugent, Weimann, Zanzala

Carson

Christie   Keogh    Shackell   Forsyth

Thorne

Bryson              Hughes

Ince

Mccormack   Nugent

So in all buy: Bentley, Ince/Chalobah or McDonald, Robson-Kanu, O'dowda, Mccormack and Nugent. That's 6 players right there, not too many but players who fit certain positions that we have needed for years

Yea Bentley the lad at Southend? he would be a solid backup or even first teamer vs Carson.

Its not a bad side when you take a look at it and forget those muppets with the Football Manager comments they are just to ready to shoot someone down who makes and string of reasonable suggestions.

I would like to see De Laet at the club someone who has been there and done it (twice). Nat Chalobah would be a terrific get maybe on loan from Chelsea. I think Martin with McCormack playing just off him would be a better mix so I wouldn't look to offload him. Alan Judge is also someone who I feel would do well in a Derby shirt very direct and he has was on fire until his injury plus I havnt seem much of o'dowda.

After much deliberation , I didn't way to be a rash poster , posting in anger at another disappointment as a Rams fans I've had time to think. 

Things do need to change, we can't keep playing the same system , it's stagment too over reliant on Martin and Thorne.  I'm not saying a drastic change is required but changes are needed , Martin especially very tough call but I think his time as number 1 striker is up.  

We need a strikerwho has more than one side to his game , we have a serious lack of pace in the final 3rd , Ross McCormack would be perfect because there's more to his game.  

Maybe a change in system too and not be so reliant upon 4-3-3 maybe 4-2-3-1 so the main striker doesn't have to be one mould . 

Maybe I'm rambling on a bit but I just want to be happy a Rams fan ? 

1 minute ago, RiddingsRam said:

After much deliberation , I didn't way to be a rash poster , posting in anger at another disappointment as a Rams fans I've had time to think. 

Things do need to change, we can't keep playing the same system , it's stagment too over reliant on Martin and Thorne.  I'm not saying a drastic change is required but changes are needed , Martin especially very tough call but I think his time as number 1 striker is up.  

We need a strikerwho has more than one side to his game , we have a serious lack of pace in the final 3rd , Ross McCormack would be perfect because there's more to his game.  

Maybe a change in system too and not be so reliant upon 4-3-3 maybe 4-2-3-1 so the main striker doesn't have to be one mould . 

Absolutely spot on.

No gripe with Martin- but playing everything through him has made us very predictable and slow up front.

Never mind signings, our biggest problem will be offloading the ones we don't want. Can't see anybody paying the money we are to the likes of Grant, Shotton, Albentosa, Pearce, Baird, Johnson, Weimann, Blackman, Bent & Camara >>> shifting this little lot is a priority before we even think about signings. In fact we could shift the lot of them, sign nobody, and still have a squad of:

Carson, Mitchell

Christie, Stabana

Keogh, Shackell, Rawson, Buxton

Forsyth, Olsson, Lowe

Thorne, Hanson

Hughes, Butterfield

Bryson, Hendrick

Ince, Calero

Martin, Zanzala

Russell, Elsnik

... by my reckoning it's the front 3 we'd need to bulk up 1st assuming we could shift the deadwood listed above.

9 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Think you are spot on with this; constantly accommodating Martin has made us a stale one trick pony. Time for something/someone different I think.

3 hours ago, Seth's left foot said:

The rumour going around the stand where I was is:

Harry will take over next season (what about his Oz agreement?).

Phillips is doing his coaching badges in preparation for becoming his No 2.

Is Mel prepared to take a large hit on the likes of (Greggs) Johnson and Ince to allow a much needed clearance. This group of players go missing in the big games and need to be disbanded.

Those are not rumours just idle speculation.

PistoldPete2
5 hours ago, dcfcfan1 said:

We finished 5th not 18th

Get rid of johnson, blackman, camara, bent and get in others

we need competition for martin and ince though

Not sure why weimann wasn't on the bench at all today, he was a rare subsitution that worked against Brighton. His absence  suggests, unless the new manager has other ideas that he has no future here either. 

Johnson is clearly a big problem, neither clem nor wass have been able to solve. Unless the new manager has other ideas then w e will have to cut our losses on him. Blackman likewise. Bent has been under used... Is he past it ? Hard to tell as we e seen so little of him. Didn't rate camara when I saw him ... Seems like the managers agree so get rid. 

Quite a few other candidates for the chop...shotton, Baird albentosa, grant , Warnock and Pearce. 

maybe a few more radical changes too... We just seem too fragile in midfield and I'm not convinced by our fullbacks either. 

We we should keep russell, martin and ince but we need better options. A big centre forward and a winger who can cross the ball. 

What if we dont need to rebuild the side but just need to have a decent manager at the helm.

George Burley was probably the last decent manager we had that was sought after by other clubs and who's leadership took us playing beyond our ability....

Nigel Clough - Was tactically inept but did a decent job here. He cut the wage bill and assembled a decent side. He did well under the circumstances but was not really a 'great manager'. I'll always be greatful to nige but he wasnt exactly brilliant at sheff united and nearly didnt get burton promoted. He steadied the ship here, had an eye for a player and im grateful to him but you're never going to win the league under him

Steve mac-  initially took cloughs side to the next level but all he did was take the reigns off and had better contacts for better loans than clough did who failed in the loan market. However if you look at steves career he is largely a poor manager. Spent loads at boro won a trophy but made some really bad decisions. A failure at England, forest, newcastle, a better coach than a manager and the wheels really came off towards the end

clement- inexperienced, failed here. Had a talented side but not pushed us on, what if we were top due to our players rather than his great management and it was him holding us back?

Wassall - same as above, nice bloke, means well, cant blame him for having a go but he's not a manager

Cant help but thinking that this squad of jokers is actually good enough. We havent played like it today but in my opinion we have some of the best players in this division at this club but throughout the last three appointments we've lacked a manager with a proven track record. Maybe thats all we need.

Would the likes of neil warnock, sean dyche or steve bruce lost 3-0 today with our squad? or would they have finished 5th over 46 games with our squad and 25million at their disposal? 

It comes from the top and our problem is the management and appointments are not up to it. With the right man incarhe We'd win this league with ease 

Archived