Rebuild

Whitley ram

We made top 6 pretty easily despite a change in manager so I doubt thats true, just get rid of johson, camara, blackman, bent, maybe wiemann, not the whole squad. Rawson and lowe can be back ups, so can calero, maybe bring in one winger

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rumour going around the stand where I was is:

Harry will take over next season (what about his Oz agreement?).

Phillips is doing his coaching badges in preparation for becoming his No 2.

Is Mel prepared to take a large hit on the likes of (Greggs) Johnson and Ince to allow a much needed clearance. This group of players go missing in the big games and need to be disbanded.

10 minutes ago, Rammeister said:

3. Need a leader/battle hardened pro on the pitch like Dave Mackay - few and far between. Our team is too quiet on the pitch.

I'd do anything to bring in Joey Barton, should have got him last summer. Regardless of his past and if people like him or not off the pitch, he's a bloody good player and one we are crying out for.

Just now, Ram@Lincoln said:

I'd do anything to bring in Joey Barton, should have got him last summer. Regardless of his past and if people like him or not off the pitch, he's a bloody good player and one we are crying out for.

In talks with Rangers, but as you said should of got him last summer. 

1 minute ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

This. I said this in another thread just 1 minute ago. Many didn't want him here because of his bad attitude but if we had him we wouldn't have put in a gutless performance like we did today. Barton would have given the likes of Martin and Ince a clip around the earlier like they deserve.

2 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

I wanted him here too. He'd have been an excellent addition not the most technically gifted but digs deep, gets the players around him going and plays with that spite and horribleness we are missing

its alright having a load of technically gifted players but you still need an engine in the middle thats willing to do the dirty work

1 hour ago, timmo said:

I'm afraid to say Hughes won't be here next year

Wouldn't be all that surprised, we can't hold him back much longer. He defo needs to be plying his trade at the highest level possible. 

As a Ram it pains me to admit, it won't be achievable whilst with us. 

I wouldn't hold it against him if he handed in a transfer request after Tuesdays match, if we do eventually get knocked out. 

I dont think a rebuild is fully necessary just a rework. The sooner Mel drops this 'Derby Way' crap the better.

A few need to go the likes of Warnock, Blackman, Pearce, Baird, Sammon, Camara. We need to replace them with someone with real nouse in midfield GT can't stay fit enough all season. Martin needs some competition and we need another winger.

The team is good but has been poorly led we got to 1st this season despite of Clement I am sure with a few of the right players and more importantly the right manager we can kick on.

Bamford.   Rhodes.

Hughes

Johnson.   Thorne.    Butterfield.

Fozzy.  Shackell. "Not Keogh".  Christie.

New keeper?

On the bench:

Ince, Martin, Bucko, skcavla(that Brighton left winger), Olsson, Bryson.

My dream realistic team, we sent actually that far off......thinking we spent 30m odd this season, we could get those 3 extras for say 16m? 

Get rid of: Bent, Russell, Blackman, Keogh(unfortunately, here too long and too many failed attempts), Camara, Hendrick(as haven't seen him in so long???), Grant.

And with a good manager I think we would finish first.....thoughts :D?

5 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Bamford.   Rhodes.

Hughes

Johnson.   Thorne.    Butterfield.

Fozzy.  Shackell. "Not Keogh".  Christie.

New keeper?

On the bench:

Ince, Martin, Bucko, skcavla(that Brighton left winger), Olsson, Bryson.

My dream realistic team, we sent actually that far off......thinking we spent 30m odd this season, we could get those 3 extras for say 16m? 

Get rid of: Bent, Russell, Blackman, Keogh(unfortunately, here too long and too many failed attempts), Camara, Hendrick(as haven't seen him in so long???), Grant.

And with a good manager I think we would finish first.....thoughts :D?

Both bamford and Rhodes will be at boro next season. Woods, Kodja, Wells and Nugent would be more obtainable. As far as keogh is concerned no idea. He has improved this season but he never fully answers his critics. Maybe try Rawson or Rhys Williams?

Give youth a chance. Give Weimann a real chance. A couple of hungry free transfers. Use the loan market. An up and coming lower league player.

Hendrick, Keogh, Baird, Blackman and Johnson outs (at least).

Oh and **** that pig.

5 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

Both bamford and Rhodes will be at boro next season. Woods, Kodja, Wells and Nugent would be more obtainable. As far as keogh is concerned no idea. He has improved this season but he never fully answers his critics. Maybe try Rawson or Rhys Williams?

Nugent is a good suggestion. Boro are looking to offload him now. Wouldn't mind a Nugent, Ross Mccormack partnership up front, although that's very unrealistic

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

So you would get rid of Carson? Wut

Honestly I would go with Mitchell and Roos next season. We have enough seemingly talented young players that just aren't getting the chance to come through.

It gets tougher throughout the season to get new talent into the first team because you end up chasing those top positions and being too scared to use the youth players. At the beginning of next season I want to see a minimum of 4 or 5 of the U21s actually starting in the first team. If it isn't working then you've still got time to change things and bring in new players if necessary.

7 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

I'm not sure on Carson, dont know who would replace him, keep him for now I guess??

Would keep Carson but I tell you who is an up and coming goalkeeper, Daniel Bentley from Southend. Seen him a number of times and has an aura that reminds me of Joe Hart. He would push Carson very hard here. I'd also get rid of Martin and put Zanzala on the bench. Nugent- Mccormack up front, with Zanzala and Weimann as the back up front 2. Maybe I'm living in dream world again though

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Nugent is a good suggestion. Boro are looking to offload him now. Wouldn't mind a Nugent, Ross Mccormack partnership up front, although that's very unrealistic

Yeah he would be affordable as well i bet maybe 1-2 mil max. Mccormack is something else entirely whilst he would be amazing he is probably looking towards the prem. 

2 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

Yeah he would be affordable as well i bet maybe 1-2 mil max. Mccormack is something else entirely whilst he would be amazing he is probably looking towards the prem. 

Nugent- Mccormack front 2 with Zanzala and Weimann the back up front 2? Easily affordable if we get rid of Blackman, Bent, Martin, Hendrick , Shotton, Albentosa, Warnock, Baird and co.

1 hour ago, G-Ram said:

On paper we have an excellent squad, unfortunately for us footballs played on grass not paper

we need a midfield enforcer, someone that will grab the game by the balls, put his foot in, break up play and pass to the better players and get everyone going, we need a seth johnson type  

His name was Joey Barton, who I suggested at the start of the season when he was available.

Archived