Rebuild

Whitley ram

I'm an optimist, maybe there will be a miracle of the KC on Tuesday. But that's what it will be - a miracle. So we think about the same rebuild. I'm sorry but Wassall is not the man to lead us. Too short on experience and today - motivation. Johnson - deficient in the basics. Blackman - words fail me. But do we need to look at the core as well. Martin - poor when it mattered. Shackell and Keogh too many mistakes. Russell - has he really improved in the last 3 years? Bryson - effort but no result. Ipro crowd -poor today, no guts when it's rubbish

Im angry and hurt like all of us. And I will still believe on Tuesday but here's a starter for 10: QSF for next manager

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Sell: Martin, ,Hendrick, Blackman,Weimann,Bent, Keogh,Johnson

Rebuild around the likes of Hughes

I'd put this down to raw emotions. Sell our player of the season and our top goal scorer for the past few seasons. Ok, makes sense. 

Move said before we don't need a massive overhaul. We need to move some on, not many bring one or two fresh faces but other than that we just need a manager with a clear style to implement and get the best from these players. Wassall has had some great results and I'm not as down on him as I was but if we spend like a top team then those resources need to be in the hands of a top manager. A top manager will get the best from this group and their best will take us up. 

11 minutes ago, WilkoRam said:

I'd put this down to raw emotions. Sell our player of the season and our top goal scorer for the past few seasons. Ok, makes sense. 

Move said before we don't need a massive overhaul. We need to move some on, not many bring one or two fresh faces but other than that we just need a manager with a clear style to implement and get the best from these players. Wassall has had some great results and I'm not as down on him as I was but if we spend like a top team then those resources need to be in the hands of a top manager. A top manager will get the best from this group and their best will take us up. 

Martin has only been our top scorer because our team is built solely to suit his game. If we had built the team around Darren Bent then he would score 20 as well. We need more than that I'm afraid. We need players who don't go hiding when the going gets tough

It's not a rebuild. It's a breakdown. 

We covered over a small but promising bunch of talented players with a load of crap.

Crap tactics and counter productive player additions. 

And now we need to go back to them. With the right coach. 

Go down fighting at Hull on Tuesday. 

The top issue here is sorting out the way the club is run. 

Mel has made us a laughing stock.

Mel has made our fanbase deluded. 

He has to step back. Bring in a group of Directors. Stop using the club as his Toy.

Aim to appoint a quality manager with experience. Rookie plus grandad combo is his preference. Stuff the Derby Way nonsense. Back off Mel.

The next manager needs to have the balls to deal with the egos of this bunch. Actually, breaking up the squad is possibly the answer now. 

If a strong manager can come in and get a core of the players to gel. Great. Some need moving on. 

On paper we have an excellent squad, unfortunately for us footballs played on grass not paper

we need a midfield enforcer, someone that will grab the game by the balls, put his foot in, break up play and pass to the better players and get everyone going, we need a seth johnson type  

Considering why Clement got sacked I would not be surprised if we had a massive overhaul. We get rid of the players who have failed (not over yet) to get us promoted again and we promote a lot of the U21 players. For some reason we assume(d) that the Derby way is through the automatics. It kind of makes sense now. Go for the play off route instead and expect performances to increase season on season with a young bunch. Finishing 6th is not a big ask for a younger less experienced side. But automatics is a huge ask of anyone.

I wouldn't mind. There are about 4 players I would like to see make our matchday squad from the U21 side. I think some tough but right decisions need to and will be made and fans will think we've lost the plot when they are. If a manager fails three times to win promotion then people would say it's time to move on. 

I would like to see most of the signings made under McLaren and Clement move on. Very few of them have actually improved the team.

I think we should stop signing obvious, ageing names and look for good players in the lower leagues and abroad,  as well as from the academy.

We don't need any drastic changes or a squad rebuild, we need to regain confidence and team spirit. I think we should get rid of any deadwood who are only making up the numbers and invest in 2 or 3 quality players who will make the difference and take us to a new level. Quality over quantity, I think we already have the depth apart from CDM.  

1. We are not good enough. Proven past  3 years.

2. Too predicatable- especially up front. We need some real pace and competition for Martin.

3. Need a leader/battle hardened pro on the pitch like Dave Mackay - few and far between. Our team is too quiet on the pitch.

4. A manager with tatical nous and more importantly credibility that players respect.

5. Mel to let the manager manage. Not turn up in dressing rooms and so on.

6. Clear out the deadwood and bring in some hungry younger players to play along with our best pros.

Exactly, we have hughes and butterfield, one of the two best creative passers in the league. Hendrick and bryson are ok as runners in the box (probably need an upgrade tbh on bryson). We just need a DM, we cannot rely on GT).

Despite today, I think our back 4 isnt bad at all, maybe competition for carson is needed.

We need 2 wingers and a back up for martin. Selling martin would be silly, just give him some competition

32 minutes ago, Chellaston Ram said:

Most of this  team have  had  3 seasons and 3 managers to  get  promotion. Keep Hughes and  Thorne and  sell the rest. Give Rawson and  Lowe a chance

I think this is probably the best comment made so far. The core of the squad is NOT good enough to win promotion (let alone stay in the Premiership) and it's about time we started to come to terms with this fact.

If we don't rebuild with a new core of players I really don't think we'll even make the playoffs next season.

Archived