Derby County v Ipswich Town

eddie

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not expecting much out of this.     McCarthy may well field a team of kids and unrecognized names tomorrow as there's nothing to play for other than finish with a favorable goal difference, but say it now it's one area the manager will care little for.

One year has passed in no time since responding on end games here and recall Derby missing out on the final day as other scores didn't go your way, while despite a loss at Blackburn, we someone bundled into a play-off finish.

Let's be clear here, whatever occurs tomorrow will be of little use to either club side.    While Derby can finish fourth with a win if correct, the eventual play-off opposition would suggest to remain the same as believe the 3rd team play 6th, and 4th play 5th.    Therefore you should get Hull over two games whereas Sheffield have a tussle with either 'Boro or Brighton. (?)

In so many words it's a pressure free game for both teams as the situation will remain the same, but don't expect us to offer much fight or resistance during tomorrow's play.       Yes we got a draw at Middlesbrough recently and beat MKD in our most recent game, but were fortunate in both encounters and came away with something more than we truly deserved on both occasion.       Hope it's a good clean game and something both sets of support can take away that offers a level of encouragement.

10 hours ago, Minneapolis American ITFC said:

Not expecting much out of this.     McCarthy may well field a team of kids and unrecognized names tomorrow as there's nothing to play for other than finish with a favorable goal difference, but say it now it's one area the manager will care little for.

One year has passed in no time since responding on end games here and recall Derby missing out on the final day as other scores didn't go your way, while despite a loss at Blackburn, we someone bundled into a play-off finish.

Let's be clear here, whatever occurs tomorrow will be of little use to either club side.    While Derby can finish fourth with a win if correct, the eventual play-off opposition would suggest to remain the same as believe the 3rd team play 6th, and 4th play 5th.    Therefore you should get Hull over two games whereas Sheffield have a tussle with either 'Boro or Brighton. (?)

In so many words it's a pressure free game for both teams as the situation will remain the same, but don't expect us to offer much fight or resistance during tomorrow's play.       Yes we got a draw at Middlesbrough recently and beat MKD in our most recent game, but were fortunate in both encounters and came away with something more than we truly deserved on both occasion.       Hope it's a good clean game and something both sets of support can take away that offers a level of encouragement.

IMO these two things doesn't fit well together. Giving youngster a chance and it's guaranteed they will play their hearts out. Maybe they are not as good players but they certainly will offer you fight..

I'm expecting a party atmosphere from both sets of fans, and looking forward to bringing my rebel jocobite queen to fly the flag for our Scottish players and cheer on Bryson and Jonny Russell!

Happy end of season to Ipswich and good luck to play offs from our fans.

Should be warm out today as well.

Extremely disapppointed to see this for all the reasons given at the start of the thread. I think it's highly unprofessional not to use the opportunity to give Mitchell and Bucko a game in case they're needed in the playoffs. All the talk at the start of the season that we're not going to rush Hughes back, yet by this team selection we're committing to making play six games in a row after eight months out.

When people at the club do things likke this, it does make me worry that other aspects aren't being done right.

Just now, Papahet said:

No Johnson ;)  Odd, considering he's been in training all week and one of our most experienced midfielders - was starting to hit form before injury too.

maybe he's just been **** in training and the ******** about having to play when fit actually was ********

1 hour ago, valleyram said:

I just hope for Darren's sake none of the important players get injured or the keyboard warriors will be out in force tonight 

coyr 

COYR indeed, but it's a very unprofessional team selection and performance.

So far Rusell and Hughes have taken knocks and Keogh is doing his best to get sent off for some reason. What's done is done, but we can't afford the PotY suspended for the playoffs so he should come off and we give Jake 45 minutes to build fitness in case he's needed later.

Sith Happens

What sort of prize draw was that meant to be, roll out shilts to do a live draw but don't tell anyone who has won.

Ffs Thorne injured typical Derby luck what was somebody saying about injuries personally I would have been resting players today and blooding youngsters as we have in the past but hey ho Darren knows best oh and we are still losing to a poor Ipswich

2 hours ago, valleyram said:

I just hope for Darren's sake none of the important players get injured or the keyboard warriors will be out in force tonight 

coyr 

Damn you called it VR

2 hours ago, valleyram said:

coyr 

I just hope if we get to the play off final he rests some players in case one of them breaks a leg and misses the start of the season.

Stupid by Wassall, just when he was starting to win me around. Not the man to take us forward,showed his naivety today by not resting players. All of our own doing. Hull scored 5 today and yet people on here think we will smash them like we did in the league. Naive I'm telling you naive.

Archived