Hanson

mwram1973

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hanson, imo is one of the most technically gifted players at the club.

We havent seen his free kicks yet but let me tell you theyre special!

He's very versatile which has been utilised this season playing RB, CM and LB

I said a few years back that he'd not make it as a CB due to his size but then said not all CB are tall, look at Cannavaro and Thiago Silva.

I've liked him since the first time I saw him, a season long loan at a mid table team or even Burton would see him gain more maturity and experience in the middle of the park.

I think we need to hold on to Hanson so long as Arsenal aren't willing to put up silly money.

I'd much rather have Hanson at this club than Baird/Johnson

On ‎01‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 16:32, muzzamurray said:

tbh, im in the same boat, i havent seen anything arsenal would want him for, unless ramsey is leaving?

Likewise. He has always seemed nothing more than average to me. Maybe they think they are buying Will Hughes

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

ERMAHGERD, we could be promoted, it is giving me GERSBERMS. My favourite BERKS often post on here, allegedly.:p

That's PERMERDERED

5 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Seems like an odd system. A good academy wouldn't let everyone go, but you can't hold everyone back, especially if someone gets the opportunity to go to a club like Arsenal.

Not saying its true, but I don't see Hanson becoming a regular in the Derby side any time soon. I think George Thorne will continue to improve, and ergo will always be better than Hanson (obvious chance thats not true but thats where my mind is at at the moment), Thorne is only 3 years older than Hanson. 

If someone comes in for him and values him as we do, let him go.

If this isn't true, I won't be upset that he's staying. A good academy, as long as we don't let players go for cheap, will continue to throw win-win transfer speculation at us. 

It happens far too often in this country that young talent is held back by moving to a bigger club. He isn't going to get game time, he will either feature in the U21's (who are the league below us) or be loaned out. If I was a youngster and truly wanted to develop id be staying at the likes of Derby. Obviously money talks, but for me a lot of young talent gets wasted sitting on benches / in U21's at bigger clubs.

Just now, YouRams said:

It happens far too often in this country that young talent is held back by moving to a bigger club. He isn't going to get game time, he will either feature in the U21's (who are the league below us) or be loaned out. If I was a youngster and truly wanted to develop id be staying at the likes of Derby. Obviously money talks, but for me a lot of young talent gets wasted sitting on benches / in U21's at bigger clubs.

Sure, my earlier point being I don't think he'll get the game time (at the position he wants to develop) here either though.

14 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Sure, my earlier point being I don't think he'll get the game time (at the position he wants to develop) here either though.

I think that will come down to which league we are in. I can see a bit of a clear out happening either way. If we don't get promoted I think he will feature more next season.

4 hours ago, Rampage said:

ERMAHGERD, we could be promoted, it is giving me GERSBERMS. My favourite BERKS often post on here, allegedly.:p

Is this a real post, or are those flashbacks Zammo warned me about real?

We are fortunate that we have some good players coming through in the team that won the Premier League U21 Div 2. Hanson's a little ahead in that development, and I'm gutted he's not had the chance to take any dangerous set pieces for the first team. But I would sell because we cannot promote everyone through the ranks. Elsnick, Guy and Calero are good in midfield. Stabana and Lowe are good at fullback.

You can't stress enough how terrible for the club that opening game of the season against Bolton was, losing Hughes and Bryson in the first half and deciding Hanson and Calero weren't ready so bringing in Butterfield and Johnson who would ultimately bloat the squad and stifle the development of the youngsters. Just as it must have been dreadful for everyone when Fozzy got injured but Lowe was also, so we brought in Olsson (on top of having Warnock) which again makes it harder for Lowe to develop in future.

The point of the Academy isn't simply to bring players into the first team but also has to be to generate revenue through sales. Mel has money but FFP doesn't necessarily allow him to spend it, so we always want extra ways of generating revenue. A move to Arsenal would be a terrific opportunity for anyone and they would have to pay top dollar. Hanson's a good prospect but he'd go with my blessing and I hope he'd go on to do well.

Until Owen B or Nicholson report it then Im afraid I dont believe these ITK people, sorry.

If it really was a done deal Im sure Wassall would have come out with it, in the same breath he is talking about his shoulder injury ruling him out for the season.

On 2 May 2016 at 19:23, rammieib said:

I'd take a million for him. Never a fan of a player who doesn't seem to have a natural position. Either way, can't see this at all.

Very harsh, he's clearly a CM but has been asked to back up at full-back, God forbid a player do a job that's asked of him :rolleyes:

Hanson aint going to Arsenal. Mel wants one player per season coming through into first team from the Academy. When Wassall gets a suitable candidate, he will not sell him. Wassall is subject to targets like most people. Hanson, Rawson and Lowe are in with a chance. Add Elsnick, Guy and Zanzala - job done. Pressure off..Play them three games each a season, so covered. No reason for being relieved of his duties. You know it makes sense

9 hours ago, jagerbob said:

Until Owen B or Nicholson report it then Im afraid I dont believe these ITK people, sorry.

If it really was a done deal Im sure Wassall would have come out with it, in the same breath he is talking about his shoulder injury ruling him out for the season.

I'm not ITK, I have just put something that I was told, It may be ******, I've never said it was going to happen.

He done his shoulder on the thursday and I was told on the Sun about the injury, Wassall didn't confirm it till monday after the match.

So that part of what he told me was true, whether the other part of him going to Arsenal is true remains to be seen.

Like I said before I won't lose any sleep over it.

If it turns out bullshit I'll happily retire with a 100% record of being wrong :p

1 hour ago, mwram1973 said:

I'm not ITK, I have just put something that I was told, It may be ******, I've never said it was going to happen.

He done his shoulder on the thursday and I was told on the Sun about the injury, Wassall didn't confirm it till monday after the match.

So that part of what he told me was true, whether the other part of him going to Arsenal is true remains to be seen.

Like I said before I won't lose any sleep over it.

If it turns out bullshit I'll happily retire with a 100% record of being wrong :p

so you were bullshiting when you said the deal was already signed? How can it be signed but not happen

Ok guys, have been told that Hanson has agreed to Join Arsenal. I have never posted ITK stuff before as I'm not a BS merchant. I have this on good authority. I cannot tell the source but I will gladly pm Daveo to tell him all the details and everything i know.

Apparently he has also damaged his collarbone, but this didn't affect the deal as I was told he'd already signed the contract.

Like I said I'll gladly fill daveo in with the details if he wishes.

I was told this this morning.

Sounds like backtracking to me.

But like the guy a couple of posts up said :
I would be surprised if this had been a done deal for a while, mostly because Wassall has seen Hanson as the academy graduate most suitable to be pushing for the first team. if he was going anywhere, im sure he wouldn't be playing first team football at all. he'd be giving another one of our lads a chance, a lad who was definately staying at the club.

3 hours ago, davenportram said:

so you were bullshiting when you said the deal was already signed? How can it be signed but not happen

What part of this are you struggling with? I never said the deal was done, the guy who told me did!. Was he bullshitting? only time will tell.

I will say this once again so everyone who's struggling with this will hopefully understand....  I AM ONLY SAYING WHAT I WAS TOLD....I'M NOT ITK.

Jagerbob, show me then where i'm backtracking, where I SAID the deal was done

Archived