OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

9 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

The odds are for the manager for the first game of next season. Mel has just put £10 million on himself. He'll appoint himself as manager and Wassall as assistant. He'll then resign after the first match and his assistant will take over - leaving Mel £280 million richer.

and bankrupting sky bet in the process, excellent stuff

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manager First League Game 2016/17 Season (One Ostrich Race) :D

Nigel Pearson 1/4 (My choice)

Tim Sherwood 8/1

Gary Rowett 10/1

Owen Coyle 12/1

Darren Wassall 12/1

Neil Warnock 14/1

Roberto Martinez 18/1

Mark Warburton 20/1

David Moyes 20/1

Steve Bruce 22/1

Quique Sanchez Flores 25/1

Ryan Giggs 25/1

Mirror just did a little piece on Pearson's odds on their live transfer news page:

Nigel Pearson heading to the Rams?

Nigel Pearson has been heavily-linked with Aston Villa.

But now there’s big speculation he could be heading elsewhere.

One bookmaker has him at 1-3 to be the next boss of Derby County.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-live-arsenal-complete-8043899

Nigel Pearson basically won the Premier League. Ranieri came in and told the players his plans. Wes Morgan stands up and tells him no, they've already got a good thing going. For the rest of the season Ranieri pretty much just smiles and says "dilly dong, dilly dong" in that affable way of his. Meanwhile the players continue from Pearson's plan.

So yeah, good catch.

5 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Mirror just did a little piece on Pearson's odds on their live transfer news page:

Nigel Pearson heading to the Rams?

Nigel Pearson has been heavily-linked with Aston Villa.

But now there’s big speculation he could be heading elsewhere.

One bookmaker has him at 1-3 to be the next boss of Derby County.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-live-arsenal-complete-8043899

Big breaking news from the mirror ?

5 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Nigel Pearson basically won the Premier League. Ranieri came in and told the players his plans. Wes Morgan stands up and tells him no, they've already got a good thing going. For the rest of the season Ranieri pretty much just smiles and says "dilly dong, dilly dong" in that affable way of his. Meanwhile the players continue from Pearson's plan.

So yeah, good catch.

don't mention Wes Morgan I get it daily :angry:

I think this was a done deal months ago, he must have been on gardeners leave from that pile of **** so cannot start with another team else he loses his pay, he has his old number two already here, he lives close, somebody said put a tenner on him for the dcfc job, come on please :ph34r:

17 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

So yeah, good catch.

Pearson did an exceptionally good job at Leicester but one of my LCFC mates say there's no way they'd have won the Prem without Ranieri taking over. His view was

"The groundwork was done by Pearson with his scouting team but Ranieri brought good players too and made some excellent tactical choices in games. Without Pearson's legacy it wouldn't have happened.  Without Ranieri's tactics, behaviour with media and players it wouldn't have happened."

Interesting that he highlights "behaviour with the media"! Pearson's post-Ostrich interview with Pat Murphy was a nightmare.

Don't misunderstand me, I 100% want Pearson out of all the candidates but it's not credible to not give Ranieri a lot of the credit for winning the League.

6 minutes ago, Red Ram said:

Pearson did an exceptionally good job at Leicester but one of my LCFC mates say there's no way they'd have won the Prem without Ranieri taking over. His view was

"The groundwork was done by Pearson with his scouting team but Ranieri brought good players too and made some excellent tactical choices in games. Without Pearson's legacy it wouldn't have happened.  Without Ranieri's tactics, behaviour with media and players it wouldn't have happened."

Interesting that he highlights "behaviour with the media"! Pearson's post-Ostrich interview with Pat Murphy was a nightmare.

Don't misunderstand me, I 100% want Pearson out of all the candidates but it's not credible to not give Ranieri a lot of the credit for winning the League.

I do think Pearson is a risk, temperament-wise but I thought Pat Murphy was a disgrace in that interview as well. You'd got one bully, trying to bully another bully into admitting he is a bully. Not surprisngly ended up as a lot of bull!.

25 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

So yeah, good catch.

Or Nigel Pearson was holding them back, tactically inept and had a squad capable of of being comfortable in the top flight but had them hanging around the bottom most of the season before? After taking years of failure to even get a heavily backed Leicester up at all.

The players basically liked their high carb diet and running a lot. Again, new coach had different ideas but relented because the players were happy and performing.

If Leicester had kept him, there is no way on gods earth they would have won the title.

Pearson is good but don't get carried away. He's firmly in the "a football manager" bracket.

17 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Or Nigel Pearson was holding them back, tactically inept and had a squad capable of of being comfortable in the top flight but had them hanging around the bottom most of the season before? After taking years of failure to even get a heavily backed Leicester up at all.

The players basically liked their high carb diet and running a lot. Again, new coach had different ideas but relented because the players were happy and performing.

If Leicester had kept him, there is no way on gods earth they would have won the title.

Pearson is good but don't get carried away. He's firmly in the "a football manager" bracket.

I agree 100%

plus this is a massive concern

and this

and this

oh and this

Why is everyone so excited about this guy? Were going to be a laughing stock with this unprofessional behaviour from our manager.

45 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Maybe don't disagree entirely, but the form at the end of the previous season under NP to escape relegation was almost title winning who knows they may have carried that forward if he had stayed.

I'm don't think we should be worrying at all about whether Pearson is the man to take us to upper echelons of the Premier League. Let's get promoted first, and then let Mel work that one out.

To me it seems that the two candidates most likely to get us promoted are Nigel Pearson and Steve Bruce. I think the difference is that Pearson has a track record of squad rebuilding and plays more attractive football than Bruce.

I also quite like the idea of press conferences and interviews always having that edge of 'danger'. Pearson is the best bet to entertain us on and off the pitch. He might be a bit of a loony, but I want him to be our loony.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Yes.  It essentially means that it's very close to happening or someone just put a lot of money on Pearson

I think the "next manager market' is very much a bit of fun. If someone bet more than a few quid they'd suspend the market. Way too open to manipulation. Sure we all take it with a huge pinch of salt. A paper links a manager his odds will change, a few people bet £20 it will come right in...not related to reality...but happy that Pearson still in the frame...think he's good candidate.

11 minutes ago, RichardsonRam88 said:

I agree 100%

plus this is a massive concern

and this

and this

oh and this

Why is everyone so excited about this guy? Were going to be a laughing stock with this unprofessional behaviour from our manager.

I think this is brilliant, personally. 

Alright!... Leicester fan here. Hello Fellow East Midland Champions of England ;)

Pearson, I loved the bloke. I was absolutely gutted when he left (less so now), he transformed this club from a total mess into something to be proud of. Not just once when we went down to league one, but also after Sven threw money around like it was going out of fashion.

He's fantastic at crafting a team spirit and a unit that will run through walls for him and each other. Here, with the help of Steve Walsh he also revolutionised our scouting systems and also our sports science department. Now, obviously you aren't getting Steve Walsh and it's unlikely the sports science guys will leave now as well... so there are big question marks as to whether he'll be able to do the same there as he did here in those departments. But his team building and his ability to spot bad eggs and create the unit should still be there.

Recruitment is absolutely key for Pearson, tactically I always felt like he was never great to improving a weak spot by tweaking tactics. It always seemed to be via replacing a player. Doesn't mean they were expensive, we've had loads of cheap and free diamonds that changed us... again.. can he replicate that? I don't know.

He'll play 4-4-2... he'll play with wingers, he'll like the big man little man combination and lots of hard workers. I know you are thinking it's all a bit Ron Bassett. But, it has worked bloody well for us.

Here is the thing, you must give him time. Because he will want to change the club from top to bottom, it is a building process. Year after year we got better, improved our position every time and never went backwards. If we'd given him a year and got rid I don't think we'd be where we are now.

His personality, I wouldn't worry about that. He lost it under the pressure in the premier league, he hates the press and just couldn't handle the spotlight. There were no issues in the championship... he'll still hate your local radio people, and they will probably hate him. But we didn't really have any issues in all the years he was here before promotion.

For me... it's about whether he can recreate our scouting processes with you and to get someone with as good an eye as Walsh. Or whether he still has a list of talent we've spotted previously for the championship. Is it a risk worth taking... I can't really answer that.

Archived