OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

The more i think about it the more i like Warnock, well i dont like him but i think he would do the job of getting us to the PL.

He has a fantastic record at this level, appoint him and accept he will only be around for a while, maybe even make young darren his assistant.

11 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

The more i think about it the more i like Warnock, well i dont like him but i think he would do the job of getting us to the PL.

He has a fantastic record at this level, appoint him and accept he will only be around for a while, maybe even make young darren his assistant.

Almost as good as Pearson when it comes to refs. 

"You could tell he weren't gonna blow, until they'd eiver scored, I thought he was out of order when he went like that though *imitates fist pump*, I thought that was going over the top a bit".... :lol:

Sith Happens
Just now, DCFCArmy said:

Almost as good as Pearson when it comes to refs. 

"You could tell he weren't gonna blow, until they'd eiver scored, I though he went a bit over the top a bit when he went like that though *imitates fist pump*, I thought that was going over the top a bit".... :lol:

Yep the blokes a nutjob, but you cannot argue with his record.

I'm not a Wassall critic but surely to god Mel's mind will have been made up after yesterday. We won't achieve anything until we can show we can turn up for big games. We didn't last season and we haven't this season. Of course that's not just down to Wassall to get his players up for the game. They should be able to do that themselves which is again worrying. Our mental strength is very, very poor. We lack a real leader. Someone like Joey Barton (not that we'd sign him, but he's an example). You could see the second the first goal went in yesterday everyone's heads dropped. I think Wassall has done a good job here, but I can't see him being able to succeed in the future unfortunately. I'd first go for Rodgers as an optimistic punt and just ask what he'd need in order to come here. If he asks for too much, then go for Pearson or Hughton.

I'm not quite sure where this Nigel Pearson love in originates from.

Eight Premier League and thirteen Championship clubs have released and appointed new managers since Pearson was sacked after his second spell at Leicester in June 2015, and the blokes still out of work.  I don't know why but something just doesn't feel right to me about Pearson. 

My thoughts on who I'd like to see appointed and who I think will be appointed are a million miles apart.  My heart says someone like Marcelo Bielsa (El Loco) ......................my head says that Rowett will be appointed by the end of the week.

The only thing guaranteed about the next manager is that some people will whinge and whine about him before a ball has been kicked or the ink is dry on his contract and those same people will then vanish off the forum if we start well and will only return when we get a bad result.

9 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

I was looking at the market for our next manager on sky bet this morning. Just went to have another look at its vanished. Wonder if they know something we don't... 

I looked on Oddschecker two weeks ago, and it had vanished.

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

I looked on Oddschecker two weeks ago, and it had vanished.

Oh, fair enough then. But it was definitely on Sky Bet this morning, Rowett was evens. Can't find it on every other bookie apart from BetVictor where the market is still there. Rowett 6/4 favourite 

Wouldn't mind Quique Flores at all following his bizarre sacking by Watford. Had a cracking start to the season with them and even though they tailed off a little bit after xmas, still played some good football. Would be a good fit for us I would think?

Just now, RiddingsRam said:

JFH at 12/1 that's new ?

Yeah, but other than that it hasn't changed for weeks. Only going to pay real attention to the odds after Tuesday when the season ends and we make a decision on the manager for next year.

6 hours ago, Lord_Ram said:

Reckon we could be in for o'neil and Keane which is why we're waiting till the end of the season / Euros

would be no ******** from the players of they were in charge 

O'Neil would be fine, but it needs to be explicitly stated that he can't bring Keane with him. Terrible man, terrible manager, terrible coach.

Archived