Hollaway's Championship XI

Ghost of Clough

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

And he only mentions one Derby player as a candidate . Doesnt mention Chris Martin. No wonder holloway's out of work. TBF we havent had anyone who has been that consistent and its hard to argue with having Gray up front.

In fairness and as much as i think hollaway is a plonker,who in the squad should be there?

Carson and perhaps Keogh would have been contenders but cant honestly say any single player throughout the season has consistently performed to a level befitting a mention of this mickey mouse analysis.

Odubajo has started nearly every Hull game at RB, so Elmohamaday is an odd pick. Not having Judge in is ridiculous, been better than both those wingers. I can't think of too many of our players who could be close to being picked, Shackell for his first half of the season and Ince for his goals and assists maybe, but think Shackell's form dropped too much and Ince's performances, apart from the last month, have generally been poor.

Shows how injuries have effected us though. For example, if Fozzy had been fit, might he have been a contender? If Bryso had played all season, might he? He's been great since he came back, but quarter of a season won't be enough to get you in a team of the season. 

Just for a comparison I looked at the whoscored team which is actually very surprising.

(4-4-2)

de Vries (Forest)

Onuoha (QPR), Davies (Hull), Duffy (Blackburn), Friend (Boro)

Gallagher (Preston), Stephens (Brighton), Norwood (Reading), Judge (Brentford)

Forestieri (Sheffield Weds), Vokes (Burnley)

How many of those would have considered as being almost the best reformers this season?

PistoldPete2
17 minutes ago, 11carl00 said:

Just for a comparison I looked at the whoscored team which is actually very surprising.

(4-4-2)

de Vries (Forest)

Onuoha (QPR), Davies (Hull), Duffy (Blackburn), Friend (Boro)

Gallagher (Preston), Stephens (Brighton), Norwood (Reading), Judge (Brentford)

Forestieri (Sheffield Weds), Vokes (Burnley)

How many of those would have considered as being almost the best reformers this season?

De Vries must get in because hes been so busy all season. Davies didnt look too clever against the Rams. Vokes over Gray? Hmm.. 

1 hour ago, 11carl00 said:

No surprise here as he doesn't pick a single Derby player. (4-2-3-1)

Marshall

Elmohamaday Keane Dunk Friend

Barton Stephens

Arfield McCormack Cotterill

Gray

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11697/10243950/ian-holloway-picks-his-championship-team-of-the-season

On this years form, i wouldnt have a single derby player in either, and I probably have a derby bias.

In fairness to Holloway he watches a lot of championship football from all the teams, so its nice to see a team thats not just a burnley and boro XI

Big squads are only good if:

a) you are getting injuries and suspensions

b) you are are a top team going for multiple trophies, perhaps with a european campaign for squad rotation reasons.

So Derby with their two managers this season and two systems, means different players have played well at different parts of the season under a certain manager / system.

@11carl00 The team of the week/season/months are updated either on the Monday or after the final game of the round of fixtures... so when it updates Geeeeeeeeeeooooooooooorge will take Dale Stephens' place in the team as he now has a higher average rating. 

Just to get that out there! :lol:

Archived