Villa

t'oldu

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12 April 2016 at 15:26, Carl Sagan said:

You're right about Macken. Did he even score? We did lose Stead but chose not to play Lupoli, Bisgaard, Sethlad and so on. To win the playoff final Billy had no choice but to bring Seth back for one last hurrah. I was so cross because the Fagan fee was apparently massive for the time. He was out of contract at the end of the season but Hull got something like 750k upfront with the same again on promotion. I felt Billy was trying to sabotage us and should have been sacked at Wembley, especially after his post-match comments. Fruitcake indeed and unemployable unless he returns down the road this summer. Not that would be sweet.

Not one person would have sacked him at Wembley. No one. 

"As Gabby Agbonlahor receives a second club suspension of the season, one more than his total tally of goals, Gerard Brand marks the fall of the Aston Villa striker who once gave defenders nightmares"

Nightmares? The "fall"?

He is, was and will always be crap. At his very best he was half as good as Theo Walcott. Who is crap. 

One of the many players who just seem to float in the PL like a turd that won't flush. Rubbish

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

"As Gabby Agbonlahor receives a second club suspension of the season, one more than his total tally of goals, Gerard Brand marks the fall of the Aston Villa striker who once gave defenders nightmares"

Nightmares? The "fall"?

He is, was and will always be crap. At his very best he was half as good as Theo Walcott. Who is crap. 

One of the many players who just seem to float in the PL like a turd that won't flush. Rubbish

Its just funny to hear Brummies say Gabby Agbonlahor. Hope he isn't sacked :lol:

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

Nightmares? The "fall"?

That last three lines is emphatic. Well played. 

On 19/04/2016 at 17:29, MuespachRam said:

Not one person would have sacked him at Wembley. No one. 

I'm pretty sure I heard Gadsby say he considered it, due to the breakdown in relations by then. Could be wrong, but it would have been a Clement-esque sacking. "Doing OK but we know we could do better."

Meanwhile, in other Villa news, they're closing the top tier of one of their stands for next season!

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-could-move-you-11207631

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I'm pretty sure I heard Gadsby say he considered it, due to the breakdown in relations by then. Could be wrong, but it would have been a Clement-esque sacking. "Doing OK but we know we could do better."

Meanwhile, in other Villa news, they're closing the top tier of one of their stands for next season!

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-could-move-you-11207631

Everyone should click yes.....:ph34r:

1 minute ago, Gaspode said:

Just seen that Villa reckon there will be approximately 500 job losses because of relegation - FIVE HUNDRED!!!!! What the hell does a Premier League club need 500 staff for that a Championship club doesn't?

Dunno. If forest go down and sell off Andy Reid there'll be 500 layoffs from Greggs straight away. 

15 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

It was discussed but the  majority of board voted to keep him despite his strange post-match comments.  Apart from that the way we abseiled from top 'by miles' down the playoffs was enough of a reason.  And then there was the signing of relatives and friends  onto background staff and his own holiday all - of which took precedence over the job of assembling a proper squad of players for the challenging season ahead. 

21 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Just seen that Villa reckon there will be approximately 500 job losses because of relegation - FIVE HUNDRED!!!!! What the hell does a Premier League club need 500 staff for that a Championship club doesn't?

490 of them are from the department for dealing with unrealistic expectations and self entitlement.

5 hours ago, McRamFan said:

490 of them are from the department for dealing with unrealistic expectations and self entitlement.

They'll get gainful employment in Nottingham if Forest ever come out of umbongo.

5 hours ago, Gaspode said:

I take that with a pinch of salt, but even if it's a fraction of that, I bet they don't have relegation clauses. Makes the actions of the likes of Lescott and Agbonlahor even more contemptible. 

22 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Is that 500 club employees directly, or an estimate on the knock on effect on surrounding businesses and so on?

Even so, I can see them becoming the new Leeds, who lets not forget, everyone said was a masive club and soon be back when they went down.

Relegated to league 1 in a few seasons then?

Archived