Villa

t'oldu

Stan the Man said today that they have been far worse even than Derby 

.............reiterated it when queried.  

They came to PP near the end of our season and we decided to have a giggle and cheered their goals as tho' they were our own.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the difference with us in our season of doom and there's is the level of players and resources ! 

We were a decent championship team playing in the premier league with no real investment and vision . 

They've got some so called big names , on big wages that on paper should be doing a lot better , but they have no desire or willingness to try and get there selves out of the rut there in and to me that's a lot lot worse!  

2 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

I think the difference with us in our season of doom and there's is the level of players and resources !

..and the fact that the standard of the Premier League is absolutely bloody awful compared to what it was back in 2006/7.

The traditional 'big' teams have been atrocious and are seemingly in a state of flux, with Leicester City about to become the champions of all of English football! How the fudge has this come to be? Surely it's all an elaborate joke of some kind?

The stats say they arent as bad as us or Sunderland from 2 seasons before derbys horror show.

Even if they lose all their remaining games, their GD will still be better and they will have one more point than Sunderland managed.

They also cannot equal ours, and Sunderlands record losses talley of our horror seasons even with a further 5 defeats from 5 games.

So its easy to call them the worst team ever.... Id say our own shower was pretty damn diabolic

16 minutes ago, Coconut said:

..and the fact that the standard of the Premier League is absolutely bloody awful compared to what it was back in 2006/7.

The traditional 'big' teams have been atrocious and are seemingly in a state of flux, with Leicester City about to become the champions of all of English football! How the fudge has this come to be? Surely it's all an elaborate joke of some kind?

Not so sure. The level might have evened up, as mid-ranking clubs have better players. I don't think the big clubs get it so easy any more.

I'm surprised none of the other top 4 managers have tried to get under their skin a bit like Fergie did routinely (Keegan being the class example).

If they'd heaped the pressure on them, been all over the press asking if they've got the minerals to see it out and having a dig, they might have cracked. 

19 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

The stats say they arent as bad as us or Sunderland from 2 seasons before derbys horror show.

Even if they lose all their remaining games, their GD will still be better and they will have one more point than Sunderland managed.

They also cannot equal ours, and Sunderlands record losses talley of our horror seasons even with a further 5 defeats from 5 games.

So its easy to call them the worst team ever.... Id say our own shower was pretty damn diabolic

They've got plenty of Prem games between them though. We had Eddie ******* Lewis.

Difference is Villa have been a top flight team since the late 80s Derby were a newly promoted team based around mediocre Champ players.

Villa season is far more embrassing than them Derby and Sunderland teams. Also in 2005-09 the PL was a very strong league it dominated the Champions League.

10 hours ago, CumbrianRam said:

Difference is Villa have been a top flight team since the late 80s Derby were a newly promoted team based around mediocre Champ players.

Villa season is far more embrassing than them Derby and Sunderland teams. Also in 2005-09 the PL was a very strong league it dominated the Champions League.

Keep telling yourself that ;) 

PistoldPete2
7 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Well its true. But the stats dont really lie either, we were absolute ****  for a supposed Premier team.

22 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Wasn't this around the time that a former two-time European Cup winner was relegated to the third tier of their domestic league for the first time ever?

PistoldPete2
54 minutes ago, eddie said:

Wasn't this around the time that a former two-time European Cup winner was relegated to the third tier of their domestic league for the first time ever?

Yes thats why I said we were **** for a Premier team... but not as **** as a League 1 team.

I wonder what the odds will be on Villa getting relegated next season, too. Always an unpredictable league, they could storm it and go straight back up, but would be worth a punt in my opinion.

Jamie Carragher said something similar. He said Villa are worse than us because we were a side of 30-something players who had finished 19th in the Championship the season before. We weren't ready to go up. However Villa have been in the top flight for however long, and individually their side isn't that bad. As a team they're just diabolical.

4 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Jamie Carragher said something similar. He said Villa are worse than us because we were a side of 30-something players who had finished 19th in the Championship the season before. We weren't ready to go up. However Villa have been in the top flight for however long, and individually their side isn't that bad. As a team they're just diabolical.

Yeah, here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3519714/Aston-Villa-s-players-disgrace-not-sign-them.html

Good article tbh, makes good points. 

We were the worst becuse we did not have good enough players at the club. I doubt we'll ever see some of those records beaten, but in an odd way, I think most of us take pride in what we went through - strengthened our bond.

The Villa team however are not a worse football team but they should carry shame because they should be better than this. I'm not particularly fond of Villa, but you have to feel a bit for their fans. I'm still in the amused phase with Newcastle mind.

Archived