Have you written off 2nd place

plymouthram

6 hours ago, Arcurion said:

It's strange you should say that about burnley and boro because I watched both games and burnley looked far more nervous out of the two and were lucky to scrap a 1-0 win against lesser opposition.

Their both bogey teams for us so either one drops out the autos its promotion chance over.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

Their both bogey teams for us so either one drops out the autos its promotion chance over.

Hull used to be a bogey team - so did the Wendies. All runs come to an end - after all, we had beaten the dirties 9 times on the trot until a couple of seasons ago.

1 hour ago, boro.mfc said:

Nervous isnt the word tbh. Boro played awful today. My money was on a 1-1 scoreline before the match so just happy we managed to claim 3 points in a match were 1 point was the fairer reflection of the game.

Preston are a tough team to play against and are one of the best defensively. I'm hoping you lot got autos so we don't have to face you in the Play-Offs,

16 hours ago, valleyram said:

But those teams didn't have their best 2 players injured all season , Bryso and will getting injured at Bolton has stopped us winning this league in a canter 

Yes but let's not forget we spent £10m to try and replace them. Let's not turn into florist blaming everything on injuries. The players have to take a large proportion of the blame as does all the stupid stuff happening in the background but all will be forgotten and forgiven with a play off final win

18 hours ago, valleyram said:

They never had their best 2 players out in the most important area of the team ur in the minority of one if u don't think those 2 being injured has stopped us going up automatically 

I would suggest that if you think that Bryson is one of our top 2 players that you would be in the minority of one. 

Just to put 2nd in context, even if we win our remaining games that would still only be 85 points. On current track Burnley are on course for 90, Middlesbrough 91 and Brighton 86. Any of them being 85 points or less would require them dropping:

Burnley: 10 from 15 points

Boro: 12 from 18 points

Brighton: 8 from 18 points 

Winning our remaining games could well see us take 3rd, but 2nd really is a pipedream unless something special happens. 

4 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

I would suggest that if you think that Bryson is one of our top 2 players that you would be in the minority of one. 

No ur maybe right there , but he's the player who makes the team tick and makes players around him better players , if you don't see that don't bother replying as ur obviously dafter than I think you are 

Incredibly unlikely, as has been said many times on this thread, it would require two of Boro/Brighton/Burnley to close out the season in poor form. Burnley and Boro in particular are both good teams at grinding out results as well. Win all of our remaining games and third is a distinct possibility though. Right now the goal has to be secure play-offs by beating Charlton and Bristol because we have tough fixtures after that.

1 hour ago, Derbyram1983 said:

What a joke of a topic. Of course second place is out of our grasp 

You're right, we've got as much chance as Leicester had of winning the premier at the start of the season or us finishing 8th when topping the league in March. 

As Greavsie used to say 'it's a funny old game'!

2 hours ago, valleyram said:

No ur maybe right there , but he's the player who makes the team tick and makes players around him better players , if you don't see that don't bother replying as ur obviously dafter than I think you are 

but, you said he was one of our best 2 players...? and failed to mention that when we lost our "two best players" that we immediately went out and spent 10 million plus to replace them, but hey, lets not let facts ruin a good argument..

Archived