Record breaking number of season tickets sold for next season

Day

16/17 Season Ticket Poll  

283 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

55 minutes ago, Srg said:

What happened to all these people refusing to go because they don't know who the manager will be?

I fear I know who......as Sam said, a younger coach with someone experienced helping out is a possibility. It is certainly not why I renewed.

IF DW stays in post, I give him until end of October maximum. Then we will have written off first third of a season, as opposed to writing off the last third of a season as has become the norm !

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least we can have an attendance debate.... Guaranteed 3 points don't it....

Seriously though, that's some going and can't be critical of that. Would have said around 16k myself 

1 hour ago, Srg said:

What happened to all these people refusing to go because they don't know who the manager will be?

I won't lose any sleep over a few thousand who have decided to vote with their feet, because a decent start next season will see others taking their place.

People can say "oh it's not comparable as its at different times for renewal dates, it's mainly new purchases, half tickets haven't renewed, people got previous tickets for potentitial Wembley tickets" that's fair enough, but what I will say is this. I don't care if it's old tickets, new tickets, renewals, people staying away because of wassall, first time purchases or if you've had a season ticket for 10,000 years (loved that thread), 19k season tickets at anytime, before, during or after particular dates, for any club in the championship is nothing short of astonishing.

there will be a few CEOs from other clubs around the country, Premiership and championship, thinking "bloody hell, that's impressive, wish we had that many fans, let alone season tickets"

You missed the option I wanted to vote for:

"I am a 15/16 ST holder that has renewed for 16/17 even though I don't enjoy the football anymore and I'm not happy with the direction this club is heading, but after much heartache I've accepted that the club is in my blood so it was the only thing to do...."

21 hours ago, Srg said:

Unfortunately the club have fans over a barrel here, with season tickets renewals early it is almost impossible to do if you still fancy going next season. For my seat the difference of early bird or waiting is £408 being early and £508 after the deadline. There are not many that can afford to wait really. 

My worry is that the £508 after the deadline becomes the new early bird figure next season.In which case as I was close to not renewing this season will push me over the edge to potentially consider to stop going, after having a season ticket for 24 years. Especially if we are in a similar state in 12 months time.

I've renewed yet again (26 years) with the usual mixture of blind optimism, realistic ambition, trepidation, and a deep loathing of the alternative (shopping, garden centres, Oakfurniture land). Hey, it's what we do; by August we will believe we will win this league, or at least hold our own in the one above, once we've signed that German centre back, the Croat forward and the holding midfielder from the Comoros Islands. The blind optimism is the prevalent emotion, by the way!

Archived