Record breaking number of season tickets sold for next season

Day

16/17 Season Ticket Poll  

283 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's very impressive. Well done all.

I know I was genuinely elated at the announcement of Nigel Pearson. Not only is he the sort of no-nonsense tough manager which, I hope and trust is precisely what our squad needs, but he does it while still being a players' manager.

And I have no doubt that he and Mel will have worked through the protocols and demarcation lines between owner's suite and manager's prerogative; both know that another McClaren/Clement style bust up and/or another head explosion from Pearson would be a huge black mark. For both of them.

And I really hope Nigel Pearson has spent his break from the game contemplating where he went wrong at Fester, despite doing so much extraordinarily well. 

To me, this just might be a once-in-a-generation opportunity to grab a hopefully slightly chastened, more introspective but undoubtedly brilliant manager like Nigel Pearson who's had eight months to plan his return to football management....

....and who might even be slightly immune to other offers for several years as he seeks to establish for the record that it was him that really set Leicester on their path....

While I would have preferred he'd come on board during the season (it would, I suspect, have made all the difference), in some very real ways, appointing him now will potentially have some huge advantages in the long term.

Onwards and upwards!

And, once more Mr Morris, please consider introducing an International supporters' membership. I, and many others, would love to support the club.

Pretty good when you consider by all accounts Mel predicated a fall off in sales following the PC disappointment and uncertainty around the club and its manager position.

This only confirms my belief that there really is sod all else to do in Derby for the half fan who never goes to away games.

Just think we too could have **** crowds, and only half fill our wembley allocation if we had 2 rugby league teams and an ice hockey team to go watch instead.

1 hour ago, RamDon said:

Onwards and upwards!

And, once more Mr Morris, please consider introducing an International supporters' membership. I, and many others, would love to support the club.

Post this to suggestions to the Club?

2 hours ago, RamDon said:

That's very impressive. Well done all.

I know I was genuinely elated at the announcement of Nigel Pearson. Not only is he the sort of no-nonsense tough manager which, I hope and trust is precisely what our squad needs, but he does it while still being a players' manager.

And I have no doubt that he and Mel will have worked through the protocols and demarcation lines between owner's suite and manager's prerogative; both know that another McClaren/Clement style bust up and/or another head explosion from Pearson would be a huge black mark. For both of them.

And I really hope Nigel Pearson has spent his break from the game contemplating where he went wrong at Fester, despite doing so much extraordinarily well. 

To me, this just might be a once-in-a-generation opportunity to grab a hopefully slightly chastened, more introspective but undoubtedly brilliant manager like Nigel Pearson who's had eight months to plan his return to football management....

....and who might even be slightly immune to other offers for several years as he seeks to establish for the record that it was him that really set Leicester on their path....

While I would have preferred he'd come on board during the season (it would, I suspect, have made all the difference), in some very real ways, appointing him now will potentially have some huge advantages in the long term.

Onwards and upwards!

Great post 

23 minutes ago, NottsRam said:

I was told by a Forest fan the other day that they have sold just under 4,500 ST's so far.  No idea of this is accurate but quite amusing if it is.

The sales will take off when the new manager is announced "anybody want to buy my forest season ticket off me...cheap...." x4500

1 hour ago, archied said:

Great post 

Thanks Mr M.

Is it only a great post because I have stopped making fun of your decisions regarding managers / head coaches? Have no worries about it either; there are never any guarantees over these decisions but I honestly think you and Sam have made a brilliant call on this one. So...no more jokes about SM and PC, I promise.

I have, a few times. No response.

There used to be an international branch, run by Ron Stevenson. Must have folded.

Thanks Mr M.

Is it only a great post because I have stopped making fun of your decisions regarding managers / head coaches? Have no worries about it either; there are never any guarantees over these decisions but I honestly think you and Sam have made a brilliant call on this one. So...no more jokes about SM and PC, I promise.

Wish I had his doe?

Archived