Premier league doping scandal

Sexydadbod

Maybe this is where we have been going wrong all of these years, we have been following  the rules and regulations :lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2016/04/02/premier-league-stars-given-banned-drugs-by-british-doctor/

"Bonar was said to have boasted about treating players from Arsenal, Chelsea, Leicester City and Birmingham City, although there is no evidence the clubs were aware of any alleged relationship he might have had with their footballers. He was alleged to have told an ­aspiring Olympic runner, who was working uncover for the newspaper: “Some of these treatments I use are banned on a professional circuit. So, you have to be mindful of that.”

Saw rumours flying around on the ever reliable source that is Twitter that potentially up to 7 Leicester City players could be involved :blink:

Can you imagine the melt down if Leicester won the league but were subsequently stripped and relegated for cheating :lol: i.e What happened to Juventus back in 2006 as well as Lazio and Fiorentina due to the match-fixing scandal.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't surprise me if about 25% of players in the Prem were hopped up on something. So called elite sportsmen will always do something to try and gain an advantage on an opponent.

Not really sure of what policy is like in football when it comes to drugs - does a random team member have to give a sample after each game for example?

If our players tried to use, they'd end up being passed along before being passed back again. 

Not shocked if players use or not, its a given some of Leicesters players are using for a start, look at Vardy ffs, looks tapped and wired when playing, eyes popping out the head big time. but they all do it so what's the point trying to stop it? 

I didn't ever think football would have a major issue with drugs.. I still dont think footballs a sport where PED's would benifit you that greatly. They'd be some benifit but not as much as in other sports 

If you cant pass or control a ball when you're not on drugs its not going to make you any better when on drugs plus its a team sport not like its going to make you that much better. 

Olymipic Sprinters are at the top of their game the drugs and that point of a second make a massive difference at that level but does it give you that much of an edge in football chances are it's not worth taking them to be point second quicker over ten yards because gareth bales still going to smoke you for pace.

Only two scenarios i can see taking them being taken is blood doping if your struggling to last 90 mins or recovering for the tight schedule of three games a week or HGH if your recoving from an injury to strengthen injured muscles  

Either way we could drug all our players up to the eye balls they'd still only have one chance on target every 90mins if they pass sideways and backwards. I just dont see the point in it for a footballer. The risk to reward ratio isnt that great  

Not suprised at all. There's a simple reason why FIFA has been reluctant to work effectively with WADA. And it wasn't long ago when they even started doing cooperate with them... you can hope that FIFA's new regime would change things.

Luckily my exercise-induced asthma has got better since I stopped playing.. I even managed to stop using those medicines:whistle:

I'm quite concerned that none of our players are implicated in this. Shortness of breath after moderate exercise, difficulty in maintaining concentration, unable to communicate properly, difficulty in following the most basic of instructions and constantly repeating phrases such as 'like you say' when speaking. If they're not on drugs then what excuse do they have?

11 hours ago, StivePesley said:

Doesn’t surprise me, doping is everywhere in sports and the  real trick is how hard people have to work to stay one step ahead of the drug testers

Bizarre how many sports the issue touches. Always surprises me when racing drivers get caught...

On 03/04/2016 at 21:26, G-Ram said:

I still dont think footballs a sport where PED's would benifit you that greatly. 

I'd have thought a substance induced artifical confidence boost could come in very handy on the pitch.

Archived